Act of aggression looks disappointing

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Re: Act of aggression looks disappointing

Postby Salsifi » Thu 18 Jun 2015 11:37

RTT and RTS are too limited definitions...

See the zoom level exchanges for example.

And MOBA are borned from Warcraft 3 so... all is says. ;)

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Thu 18 Jun 2015 12:30

No, they're really not.
The sub/genres are tied into distinct sets of mechanics.
Addition or subtraction of specific mechanics bring up hybrids, variants, and other adjectives.

Besides Wargame being an RTT, the three you mentioned just have a different scale and pace. They're RTS and for faster paced RTS there is the term action RTS much like how some FPS are referred to arena shooters yet we don't call BF games combined arms warfare fps or some other bunk.
Transcend Excellence

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 18 Jun 2015 13:24

Meh, you can define RTT and RTS however you want as long as you are consistant.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Thu 18 Jun 2015 14:23

Base building is fine in a game as long as you don't have to make Camp fucking Leatherneck for an operational base....
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/act-of-aggression/images/3/33/AoA_Screenshot_Chimera_Base.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150507201752
http://dinahlord.typepad.com/.a/6a00e008d9a3f98834017d3c0c2c6d970c-800wi
Notice how the picture I posted is lacking some of the buildings too...
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Thu 18 Jun 2015 15:35

keebs63 wrote:Base building is fine in a game as long as you don't have to make Camp fucking Leatherneck for an operational base....
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/act-of-aggression/images/3/33/AoA_Screenshot_Chimera_Base.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150507201752
http://dinahlord.typepad.com/.a/6a00e008d9a3f98834017d3c0c2c6d970c-800wi
Notice how the picture I posted is lacking some of the buildings too...

RUSE was good, but the base size after 15 min of a match...
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

SpitfireMK-Pony
Warrant Officer

Postby SpitfireMK-Pony » Tue 23 Jun 2015 18:03

The problem I have, is why would I bother buying AoA over any other RTS? Their is nothing that sets it apart from any other RTS out there.

I already own quite a few RTSs, Red Alert 2, SC2, Planetary Anihalation, Supreme Commander, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, Company of Heroes 2, and probally another 5 I've forgotten in my steam library somewhere.

There is nothing AoA has, that these games don't already provide. And at this point, I don't feel like buying the game "just to support Eugen", they haven't done much to earn it.

My next RTS is most likely going to be Blitzkreig 3...

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Tue 23 Jun 2015 18:14

I played the beta and thought it was pretty bad. It carries over so many mistakes from Wargame that it's frustrating. It's so damn slow too, if it's meant to invoke the style of traditional RTS games, it's failed badly.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Wed 24 Jun 2015 09:37

SpitfireMK-Pony wrote:The problem I have, is why would I bother buying AoA over any other RTS? Their is nothing that sets it apart from any other RTS out there.

I already own quite a few RTSs, Red Alert 2, SC2, Planetary Anihalation, Supreme Commander, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, Company of Heroes 2, and probally another 5 I've forgotten in my steam library somewhere.

There is nothing AoA has, that these games don't already provide. And at this point, I don't feel like buying the game "just to support Eugen", they haven't done much to earn it.

My next RTS is most likely going to be Blitzkreig 3...

You don't understand that your point of view is minor in the business.

Customers want new games. Not the old references.

Most buyers want to play the last game which is released. This is why the first days of selling are so important because companies make their best benefit.

40÷ of buyers will never play the game bought and 30÷ will never play more than an hour.

This are the official stats published by steam for all games bought in 2014.

You also think that AoA doesn't bring something new but all RTS you mention are different from AoA...

ThatGuyTheGreat
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby ThatGuyTheGreat » Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:56

Oliver wrote:Posts that only consisted of attacking other user's opinions and constant flame-bait were deleted. You are welcome to give constructive criticism.

I thought this was a forum? How is telling somebody you disagree with them and why you think they're wrong not constructive? Eugen forums is becoming a echo chamber and turning me off from this company. I loved telling people about RUSE and Wargame but the people they pick for interacting with the community have become increasingly bad.
I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees.
Stephane Charbonnier (1967-2015)

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Wed 24 Jun 2015 13:13

ThatGuyTheGreat wrote:
Oliver wrote:Posts that only consisted of attacking other user's opinions and constant flame-bait were deleted. You are welcome to give constructive criticism.

I thought this was a forum? How is telling somebody you disagree with them and why you think they're wrong not constructive? Eugen forums is becoming a echo chamber and turning me off from this company. I loved telling people about RUSE and Wargame but the people they pick for interacting with the community have become increasingly bad.

I don't know what you've seen, but we have never done that.

Our policy is simple:

"Your opinion is shit because you are wrong and an ***hole" = Against the rules, will be moderated, just as in this thread.
"I disagree with your opinion because of..." = Absolutely fine, we have never deleted any such posts

Also, in the case of this thread, Shifu even gave a clear warning and we only stepped in when certain users deliberately ignored that and continued posting things such as in the first example above or worse.

I hope that clarifies things and we can now return to the topic.

Return to “Act of Aggression”