Unit of the Day #3: Strykers

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Unit of the Day #3: Strykers

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 12 Jun 2015 10:40

Episode #3 of the "Unit of the Day" has been published, focusing on the ubiquitous US Army's Stryker family.

Read more here:
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/unit-of-the-day-03-stryker/

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Re: Unit of the Day #3: Strykers

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:04

Very nice unit. I'm also happy to learn that Chimera got the Puma, which is really good looking helis from our Fromage Land. :mrgreen:

I feel that explosions from Mortar Carrier are very bad. Those explosions have no smoke, and no soul. In the contrary the small buggy that rush the tank version has a huge explosion (probably charged with some cool detonating stuff !) which is more "graphically in adequacy with the game"

looking forward for the next unit ! 8-)

EDIT : Ho, my bad, thought it was the helis Puma, well, too bad, it's the german Puma :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gnougnou on Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:31, edited 2 times in total.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:13

Gnougnou wrote:Very nice unit. I'm also happy to learn that Chimera got the Puma, which is really good looking helis from our Fromage Land. :mrgreen:

I think it's this Puma friend, not the helicopter.

Spoiler : :

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:13

Gnougnou wrote:Very nice unit. I'm also happy to learn that Chimera got the Puma, which is really good looking helis from our Fromage Land. :mrgreen:

You're mistaking the (French) Puma helicopter with the (German) Puma IFV.
It is the latter which Chimera has.

EDIT: Ninja'd ... :evil:

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:30

Ahhhhhwwwwwww :(

Oh and btw, are banks immune to procedural destruction or will it be a completly removed feature ? I don't think I saw it yet on videos.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 12 Jun 2015 12:26

"It can also be quickly improved with white phosphorus incendiary rounds, a very sure way to get rid of pesky infantry units entrenched in a building"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7TaLjdXMc

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Fri 12 Jun 2015 14:48

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:"It can also be quickly improved with white phosphorus incendiary rounds, a very sure way to get rid of pesky infantry units entrenched in a building"

Spec Ops: The Line was epic, one of the best storys I've experienced since years...

And the SuperHind can carry 10 people?! Holy Combatdrop Batman!

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 12 Jun 2015 20:25

QShadow wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:"It can also be quickly improved with white phosphorus incendiary rounds, a very sure way to get rid of pesky infantry units entrenched in a building"

Spec Ops: The Line was epic, one of the best storys I've experienced since years...

I think "white phosphorus" will forever ring a bell to anyone having played Spec Ops: The Line. :shock:

killer00100
Master Sergeant

Postby killer00100 » Fri 12 Jun 2015 20:30

I feel that Strykers is a bit overlap with other units:
- Strykers ICV overlap with Humvee as troop transporter (Strykers ICV is more durable and carry more troop while Humvee can upgrade in field with rocket launcher for raiding with Javelin troops [drop then upgrade])
- Strykers MC overlap mortar teams as firing support (Strykers MC is more agility and more durable while mortar teams is cheaper and can be drop behind enemy line by heli)
- Strykers ATGM overlap with Rocket launcher upgraded Humvee as AT light vehicle units (Strykers ATGM is more durable while Humvee can perform as troop transporter before upgrade)

Each role should have only 1 units per role (except it's higher tier that perform better and more expensive like Delta which is more effective against infantry than US marine) or else some units won't be use at all. I suggest that move Strykers series to to tier 2 (Defcon 2) and make it more powerful while move mortar teams into tier 1 (Defcon 3) so that Humvee and mortar teams can be viable (may be need to move Abrams tank to tier 3 [Defcon 1] so that Strykers MGS won't be outshine).

BradBurning
Sergeant

Postby BradBurning » Sat 13 Jun 2015 05:35

Can the all the versions of it transport troops I assume only the base version can?

Return to “Act of Aggression”