This says it all...

Kozzmozz
Sergeant First-Class

This says it all...

Postby Kozzmozz » Mon 22 Jun 2015 20:09

AoA.jpg
AoA.jpg (241.94 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

This is on the site of IGN. the new trailer of Chimera, 3 months before official launch. It has 1 guy replying. And even that guy is astonished that he didnt follow this game (if only he knew...)
Multiply this with countless RTS fans and be amazed how many people do not know about this game.
You can state that once it goes live and its on steam people will buy it ... But if that would be the case, why would any developer spend money on marketing if it would go that easy?
Even with excisting franchises wich sell even if the game sucks hard, they still market it to death.
I have seen the E3 booth from AoA, I know for a fact that the restroom would be more visible and anticipated by the people there.

Come on, I plea you, do something to get the buzz going and let people know about this product!!! 90% dont even know this exist. Even the garagesale of my neighbourhood gets more advertising & buzz then this AAA game (yes it is an AAA game) so ACT like it please...

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major

Re: This says it all...

Postby Pomegranate23 » Mon 22 Jun 2015 20:14

Think most of the community would agree with this, let's see what Focus comes up with, maybe they'll put all their cards on gamescom.

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Mon 22 Jun 2015 20:31

Only one guy in the world didn't know AoA ? :mrgreen:

The marketing seems to be perfect so...

BorkaBonum
Private First-Class

Postby BorkaBonum » Tue 23 Jun 2015 16:35

I can't see there being that big of a rush at Gamescom. The game just isn't really doing anything new but might be filling the role that EA has left vacant after the brutal murder of the C&C series the past years.

To be honest, I've seen Act of Aggression on Youtube since the BETA but it was first when TotalBiscuit, in his Act of War stream, mentioned that AoA was a spiritual successor to Act of War I connected the pieces. From the BETA footage it's all too bland. Graphics look like polished Command & Conquer 3, gameplay seems to be a mish-mash between Command & Conquer and tiny hints of Act of War with monstrously underwhelming placeholder audio-work.

BradBurning
Sergeant

Postby BradBurning » Tue 23 Jun 2015 23:16

At the best of times games marketing is a hard. So far the game has done a reasonable amount considering its current place in development.

Like paying for any kind of marketing is very expensive and will largely go to waste if people cant buy the game there and then or with in a mouth. Very few people will be hard core fans here on the forums ect from this kind of advertising hence why its typically reserved to be done just before release. I think I saw some of this in May when the game was in its lead up to release before it was delayed.

Free forms of advertising (streamers, youtubers, most website articles and more) I could go into my thoughts of all of these which all have there own but I will keep it short. For the most part with these forms out side of the more RTS focused Streamers and Youtubers they wont cover the game more than once especially if its there cup of tea. Any news coverage is even more unlikely to have any follow up.

So how does a game build its core audience with out exhausting its later media options with out needing to spend money? Well that's the big question. Like IGN will mostly do a release article on the game, but the other down side of sites like IGN a lot of articles get lost in the sheer amount of content they post.

Ultimately RTS games live and die on there release community, either the game will be good enough and approachable that it will grow or it will be lacking in some way and it will die off. Like Grey Goo was approachable but it was shallow in its multiplayer and had some fundamental problems. But yeah we will have to wait and see.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 24 Jun 2015 11:52

Well, some are better informed:
http://www.gamewatcher.com/

GameWatcher has us in the front page of their website, and rank us before X-COM 2 among the most expected games of 2015.
http://www.gamewatcher.com/editorials/b ... ated/12266

D-M

Postby D-M » Wed 24 Jun 2015 14:40

MGS V behind Mad Max ? pfff journalists... :evil:

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Thu 25 Jun 2015 07:17

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Well, some are better informed:
http://www.gamewatcher.com/

GameWatcher has us in the front page of their website, and rank us before X-COM 2 among the most expected games of 2015.
http://www.gamewatcher.com/editorials/b ... ated/12266

WoW! :roll:
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Thu 25 Jun 2015 10:04

D-M wrote:MGS V behind Mad Max ? pfff journalists... :evil:

Wait what?! I would understand Fallout 4 but Mad Max?!

Metal Gear has f**ing nuke launching MECHS goddamit, that beats gritty, grim, dirty people driving cars any day :evil:

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 25 Jun 2015 10:21

QShadow wrote:Metal Gear has f**ing nuke launching MECHS goddamit, that beats gritty, grim, dirty people driving cars any day :evil:

Nothing beats MM ...
I would have put it #1.

Return to “Act of Aggression”