Please don't do any knee jerk nerfs yet

Pazoki
Private First-Class

Please don't do any knee jerk nerfs yet

Postby Pazoki » Tue 21 Jul 2015 03:33

Devs please don't do any nerfs to any of the units yet. I think it is far to early to tell if any of the units are truly imbalanced. I think a lot of players haven't figured out how to play properly. The more I've played and the better I've gotten the better the balance has begun to feel. A lot of players do not do any early game aggression and most people end up going straight to late game. This will change over time as the player base gets better overall. A lot of the 'OP' strats are more then likely counterable it just figuring out how to counter them. Give people time to learn the current balance. The Abrams and the Terminators are very strong but because they are pretty much the end game units they should be an unstoppable force.

The only mechanic that would need a rework would be the capturing mechanic. It seems too easy to do for the reward you get but it does have its place in the game. As far as the zoom is concerned that's just a quality of life and if you just accept it as it is then its not really that big of an issue. I would really like to be able to change all of the hotkeys. Just a quality of life thing.

Just give it a week or two for people to better understand the game.
If you PM me something weird I will PM you something weird back.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Re: Please don't do any knee jerk nerfs yet

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Tue 21 Jul 2015 17:56

Unstoppable killers, please NERF :!:

Lucky Red
Private

Postby Lucky Red » Tue 21 Jul 2015 19:11

I agree with the OP and Diablo 100%, Terminators feel like an unstoppable force! Let's not knee jerk Eugen, and instead rationally nerf the op units, like Terminators!

Kvantovy
Master Sergeant

Postby Kvantovy » Tue 21 Jul 2015 21:49

Well, I disagree with both of you 100%. Terminator is not OP. I'm afraid it's just you who got beaten by it and instead of thinking about the proper counter cry: "plz nerf". Put some heavy armor in front, get some civs to counter Terminator missiles and they're dead. I frequently got my Terminator/Pantsir army stopped by Abrams/NLOS combo or decimated by valor rockets which can't be shot down by Terminator.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Tue 21 Jul 2015 23:24

Kvantovy wrote:Well, I disagree with both of you 100%. Terminator is not OP. I'm afraid it's just you who got beaten by it and instead of thinking about the proper counter cry: "plz nerf". Put some heavy armor in front, get some civs to counter Terminator missiles and they're dead. I frequently got my Terminator/Pantsir army stopped by Abrams/NLOS combo or decimated by valor rockets which can't be shot down by Terminator.

As someone who plays almost exclusively Chimera in multiplayer, I strongly disagree with this.

The Terminator comes stock with the same amount of HP as a TUSK 1 Abrams. It's ability to intercept missiles makes dedicated AT units worthless against a blob of them. Once upgraded with ATGMs, it can easly beat a TUSK 1 Abrams in 1v1: after the grenade launcher upgrade it can beat a TUSK 2 Abrams. Once upgraded with iglas, a blob of Terminators can take on helicopters and jets without the aid of supporting units. They also mulch infantry out of the box.

I find that simply moving a force of 10 or so Terminators down a road past a refinery is enough to kill the refinery. The same goes for garrisoned buildings.

To top this all off, they cost 1000 Aluminum a piece. All of my strategies (and all of the strategies of any Chimera players in the games I play) revolve around getting fully upgraded terminators on the field. There's no reason to purchase supporting units, or even super-weapons.

They are simply too powerful at this stage of the beta.

Lucky Red
Private

Postby Lucky Red » Tue 21 Jul 2015 23:26

Their very NAME is Terminators!
They Terminate all other units and sense of balance, including Exos, which everyone knows are OP!
Eugen even increased the cost of Exo upgrades but have left Termies untouched!

Have faith though, that they will soon nerf this overpowered imba overperforming op imbalanced unit!
Seriously, it's almost as bad as Metal Storms!

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 21 Jul 2015 23:30

I'm kind of surprised Terminators are allowed to do all 3 things. I figured Chimera would have you choose on a unit-by-unit basis which you wanted to upgrade, and it'd stick to that role exclusively :( Either Grenade launcher, igla, ATGM, or CIWS. Sort of like the Spinner tank in the past.

Kvantovy
Master Sergeant

Postby Kvantovy » Tue 21 Jul 2015 23:52

libbmaster wrote:The Terminator comes stock with the same amount of HP as a TUSK 1 Abrams. It's ability to intercept missiles makes dedicated AT units worthless against a blob of them. Once upgraded with ATGMs, it can easly beat a TUSK 1 Abrams in 1v1: after the grenade launcher upgrade it can beat a TUSK 2 Abrams. Once upgraded with iglas, a blob of Terminators can take on helicopters and jets without the aid of supporting units. They also mulch infantry out of the box.

3 Abrams (no TUSK) > 3 Terminators (no Upgrades)
Abrams (TUSK 2) > Terminator (all upgrades)

Razzman tests in "Chimera overpovered" topic.

It's ability to intercept missiles makes dedicated AT units worthless against a blob of them.

But if the adversary has Civs, Terminator missiles also become useless and their stardard weapon is not that good.

I find that simply moving a force of 10 or so Terminators down a road past a refinery is enough to kill the refinery. The same goes for garrisoned buildings.

Isn't that true also for the Abrams?

All of my strategies (and all of the strategies of any Chimera players in the games I play) revolve around getting fully upgraded terminators on the field. There's no reason to purchase supporting units, or even super-weapons.

Didn't you encounter mass valors or Tigers/valors? I did. Also I heard about using lots of Exos, but frankly, didn't encounter it myself. Also it's not uncommon in my games that players sooner or later go for superweapons, including Chimera players.

There's no reason to purchase supporting units

You will need Ninja when Cartel go out ;) Besides, you wont transport inf in Terminator.

firelance
Sergeant

Postby firelance » Tue 21 Jul 2015 23:58

libbmaster wrote:As someone who plays almost exclusively Chimera in multiplayer, I strongly disagree with this.

The Terminator comes stock with the same amount of HP as a TUSK 1 Abrams. It's ability to intercept missiles makes dedicated AT units worthless against a blob of them. Once upgraded with ATGMs, it can easly beat a TUSK 1 Abrams in 1v1: after the grenade launcher upgrade it can beat a TUSK 2 Abrams. Once upgraded with iglas, a blob of Terminators can take on helicopters and jets without the aid of supporting units. They also mulch infantry out of the box.

To top this all off, they cost 1000 Aluminum a piece. All of my strategies (and all of the strategies of any Chimera players in the games I play) revolve around getting fully upgraded terminators on the field. There's no reason to purchase supporting units, or even super-weapons.

They are simply too powerful at this stage of the beta.

I find this very strange. When i play Chimera even with the igla upgrade they cant really touch F35s.
I had 3 F35s kill 6 of my Terminators with out losing one jet.

Also versus Terminators put a Hercules near your Abrams and see how they can easily handle them. And as someone has already mention the NLOS is their bane.

You need combined arms to fight the Chimera but when you get them they go down easy.

If anything, i thing the MGS is a bigger candidate for a nerf.

Here is a replay where MGSs were used to successfully kill Mass Terminator.
http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... &id=305144

noodlesocks
Sergeant Major

Postby noodlesocks » Wed 22 Jul 2015 00:01

1v1 an abrams will beat a terminator but I believe that the issue (if it's really an issue) may lie in groups. Where the terminator has an enmasse DPS advantage over the abrams, being able to target down one abrams at a time and kill while a group of abrams will all expend their load on a single target and be stuck waiting to reload. As Abrams go down, the mass effect of terminators increases exponentially.

Would be interesting to see this tested.

Return to “Act of Aggression”