[AoA Beta] Patch v.153

User avatar
Wister
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed 7 Mar 2012 11:03
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

[AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Wister » Mon 27 Jul 2015 17:21

BUG FIXES:

  • Fixing several cases where the game couldn't be started ("unable to initialize game application") or was crashing at start.
  • Fixing a crash occurring on using units' capacities such as Capture.
  • Fixing a crash occurring when a plane was firing on a unit just about to evacuate or to enter a building.
  • Fixing Grenadiers' firing animation
  • Fixing and improving some units' hints

IMPROVEMENTS:

  • Updating the display of resources field on the minimap to improve combat readibility.
Image

C&CIsDead
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed 13 May 2015 22:30
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby C&CIsDead » Mon 27 Jul 2015 18:57

Still, no zoom :(.
Image

User avatar
Salsifi
Warrant Officer
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat 21 Feb 2015 15:48
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Salsifi » Mon 27 Jul 2015 19:07

C&CIsDead wrote:Still, no zoom :(.


Think of the good work, don't hope of the zoom correction all of the time ;)

C&CIsDead
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed 13 May 2015 22:30
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby C&CIsDead » Mon 27 Jul 2015 19:17

Salsifi wrote:
C&CIsDead wrote:Still, no zoom :(.


Think of the good work, don't hope of the zoom correction all of the time ;)


I am trying. but it hard to see it through the satellite view :P
Image

User avatar
Selkares
Brigadier
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 17:46
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Selkares » Mon 27 Jul 2015 21:05

Wister wrote:BUG FIXES:

  • Fixing Grenadiers' firing animation

They still look like they are firing a mortar and not a grenade launcher

Wister wrote:IMPROVEMENTS:

  • Updating the display of resources field on the minimap to improve combat readibility.

It's better in the game (though still not perfectly readable) but in replay mode, when the player is blue and the aluminium flieds have a blue shade then it's unreadable.
Could we simply have a "turn ressources off" button on the minimap ( a in-game button or in the option menu)?

User avatar
Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu 23 Jul 2015 22:57
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Megiddo » Mon 27 Jul 2015 21:14

Thanks for those new fixes and improvements.

Maybe you guys (devs or more likely moderators) could drop us a hint about some community feedback or wishes which came up to the developer's ears, so that we could bring you some more precise and structured suggestions, if possible of course.

i mean, nearly almost everyone in here is participating to a beta phase (who said early access?), which seems to be the perfect opportunity, a month before the game comes out, to know if some aspects of the game are going to change and/or if you would like us to make some testings on particular points.

But you may have already considered this in your process.

Anyways, keep up the good work :D
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

User avatar
Wister
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed 7 Mar 2012 11:03
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Wister » Mon 27 Jul 2015 23:57

Megiddo wrote:Maybe you guys (devs or more likely moderators) could drop us a hint about some community feedback or wishes which came up to the developer's ears, so that we could bring you some more precise and structured suggestions, if possible of course.

i mean, nearly almost everyone in here is participating to a beta phase (who said early access?), which seems to be the perfect opportunity, a month before the game comes out, to know if some aspects of the game are going to change and/or if you want us to make some testings on some particular points.

We are getting a lot of valuable and detailed feedbacks from you guys, which is very helpful. It also means that we have several subjects to consider, and that we need to focus on the most critical issues.

We cannot give you a roadmap, as we are taking issues one after another by order of priority, but we will try to push as much improvements as we can, so keep the feedbacks coming. Also, crash fixes such as this patch are obviously the number one priority, and although they may not sound as sexy as new features, they still take time to hunt and are an absolute necessity.

About the zoom, MadMat has already made a clear statement, therefore it is pointless (and rather tiresome) to hammer it in every patchlog: we are already trying to get some improvements without compromising the performances for everyone, which is kind of a ridge path. That will take some more time, don't expect it this week.
Image

User avatar
Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu 23 Jul 2015 22:57
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Megiddo » Tue 28 Jul 2015 00:08

Makes perfect sense.

Thank you for your précisions and efforts.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Selereth
Private First-Class
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun 29 Jun 2014 19:17
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby Selereth » Tue 28 Jul 2015 00:34

Can we expect to see Cartel sometime this week? Or are you guys still working on finishing touches/final adjustments that will delay their launch because a week ago it was said that they would launch in about two weeks, and it's been one so far. Looking forward to playing them either way.

FNj
Sergeant
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun 4 Mar 2012 21:49
Contact:

Re: [AoA Beta] Patch v.153

Postby FNj » Tue 28 Jul 2015 00:56

Wister wrote:About the zoom, MadMat has already made a clear statement, therefore it is pointless (and rather tiresome) to hammer it in every patchlog: we are already trying to get some improvements without compromising the performances for everyone, which is kind of a ridge path. That will take some more time, don't expect it this week.

You could maybe increase the zoom little by little in the upcoming patches. If at any point people start complaining about performance, you can just stop.

I am pretty sure the game can at least handle the zoom mod configuration.

As I have said already, you don't have to go crazy with it in the first iteration.
Image

Return to “Act of Aggression”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests