"Please let me zoom out a bit more!"

Costin
Staff Sergeant

Re: "Please let me zoom out a bit more!"

Postby Costin » Sun 2 Aug 2015 23:00

The tilt and zoom nonsense has gone on long enough! Where getting the zoom and tilt would be a nice bonus but is not IMO necessary

Just because you don't think it's necessary doesn't mean others don't.

Arky01
Staff Sergeant

Postby Arky01 » Mon 3 Aug 2015 01:34

Costin wrote:
The tilt and zoom nonsense has gone on long enough! Where getting the zoom and tilt would be a nice bonus but is not IMO necessary

Just because you don't think it's necessary doesn't mean others don't.

Let's calm down.. First, let's see if the new zoom-level is good and test it till' we're satisfied before we start demanding more from an already loaded/under-staffed dev' team. (They are or have been understaffed due to the holidays.)

jimieus
Staff Sergeant

Postby jimieus » Mon 3 Aug 2015 02:04

dalekdan wrote:The tilt and zoom nonsense has gone on long enough! Where getting the zoom and tilt would be a nice bonus but is not IMO necessary, the extra camera tilt is left for in-game cinematic sequences to feel more special, not relevant now but when the full game releases with its campaign it will be. This is how it was in C&C Generals and the game's immediate predecessor Act of War. Now stop acting like a bunch of silver-spoon-fed spoilt brats and either enjoy the game...or not, but stop poisoning the forum with your vitriol.

Breath deeply, my child.

Sunray
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sunray » Mon 3 Aug 2015 02:24

Some of us prefer old school graphics but wargame zoom and tilt. As opposed to new graphics and oldschool zoom and tilt. playing 90% of the time with blue black graphics and no sound effects is like watching a silent movie.

Hoping for that patch Monday 3 August.

3 elements to a better AoA;

1)Camera
2)Sidebar control of buildings.
3)Have resources completely appear when discovered. Have an indicator showing that there is a resource to be explored at the resource areas. This way every player will scout in a different order and will still see unpredictable resources.

Costin
Staff Sergeant

Postby Costin » Mon 3 Aug 2015 04:50

Let's calm down.. First, let's see if the new zoom-level is good and test it till' we're satisfied before we start demanding more from an already loaded/under-staffed dev' team. (They are or have been understaffed due to the holidays.)

That's their problem, not ours.

No one forces Eugene to release a game every single year and yet that's what they're doing, and don't assume that anyone's been going on holiday at this stage with a month before release.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 3 Aug 2015 05:04

Costin wrote:

No one forces Eugene to release a game every single year and yet that's what they're doing, and don't assume that anyone's been going on holiday at this stage with a month before release.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=54112
Viker for ingen!

Costin
Staff Sergeant

Postby Costin » Mon 3 Aug 2015 05:29

orcbuster wrote:
Costin wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=54112

If I ain't wrong isn't Mat a community manager? That's a wee bit different then a developer actually working on the game.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Mon 3 Aug 2015 06:26

Arky01 wrote:

One month before a launch, holidays?? All devs must have been locked up by the boss, chained to their desks, working 18 hours each day under the whip, sleeping on floor with only coffee and dry bread to feed :lol:
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 3 Aug 2015 07:32

Megiddo wrote:
Arky01 wrote:

One month before a launch, holidays?? All devs must have been locked up by the boss, chained to their desks, working 18 hours each day under the whip, sleeping on floor with only coffee and dry bread to feed :lol:

It's France, holidays are mandatory by law.
Viker for ingen!

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Mon 3 Aug 2015 07:45

orcbuster wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Arky01 wrote:

It's France, holidays are mandatory by law.

Of course. my apologies if this joke was beyond the bounds.

Mais je crois me souvenir que la liberté d'expression et le droit à la caricature font aussi partie de nos privilèges ;)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Return to “Act of Aggression”