Act of Aggression: Success, Failure or Mediocrity?

cplfernandez
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Act of Aggression: Success, Failure or Mediocrity?

Postby cplfernandez » Wed 12 Aug 2015 23:29

I think we all like the game and love the idea of the game, so of course we should talk about what doesn't work quite right. The down side is I'm not sure if they have the time to fix some of the major problems.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Wed 12 Aug 2015 23:57

cplfernandez wrote:I think we all like the game and love the idea of the game, so of course we should talk about what doesn't work quite right. The down side is I'm not sure if they have the time to fix some of the major problems.

Changing the balance and usability of the game does not need to stop with release.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Thu 13 Aug 2015 00:25

McNash wrote:The game is actually great, I think right now it doesnt have that much of a coverage in the american market but then that's just natural as people at US seems to be too focused on SC2 sequels and american online magazines dont seem to give too much love to a certain obscure french studios, knowing how Eugen Systems works AoA will have a decent amount of coverage, but nothing overwhelming, then, they will add up more stuff through free DLCs with offer sales. Once they get enough people they will probably go for AoA2, which will allow them to get more steam, just the way they did with WEE to WAB. After that they may probably make a third edition, some DLCs and after that...

Well, maybe a return to Wargame with a new engine? OR... Something completely different.

CnC has returned, but the former Cnc community hasn't heard of it. :lol:
Maybe some more coverage by command and conquer sites would do the game a lot of good :mrgreen:

TormentedTUNDRA
Private

Postby TormentedTUNDRA » Thu 13 Aug 2015 01:14

its has a lot of potential, a month wont be enough so this game will definitely need continuous work post launch. The marketing or lack of isn't helping, this game needs a lot more attention and streams. as for the game itself the basics like remappable hotkeys, better balance for units that can do everything (AA, atg), the econ needs tweaking both in resource amount and spawning ratios. still im having a lot of fun.

Chubzdoomer
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Chubzdoomer » Thu 13 Aug 2015 02:17

It'll never become as big as Starcraft II or even C&C Generals for that matter, but I do see it sustaining a relatively small, but extremely loyal fanbase much like the Wargame franchise. I also foresee it getting some pretty good review scores. I predict the Metacritic average to be anywhere from the mid-70s to the low-80s.

noodlesocks
Sergeant Major

Postby noodlesocks » Thu 13 Aug 2015 03:24

It's definitely a good game. There is no doubt it is one of the best RTS in years but I fear that Focus Home Interactive's poor marketing strategy may harm the game's potential sales. Instead, the game may have to rely on word of mouth to get the word out there.

Hopefully they will push the game a bit more in the advertising department and make a steam announcement on release.

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 13 Aug 2015 09:14

they can start with getting satview back to radar , at the moment it's a big disadvantage for the game marking nobody wanna watch people streaming in satview from beginning to end ....

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 13 Aug 2015 09:57

noodlesocks wrote: Focus Home Interactive's poor marketing strategy.

I dunno less niche game than wargame. But as example Focus at least has marketing strategy, and their has been trailers just not much I see on western gaming outlets. Stuff like Gamespot, think homeworld remastered is on front page I saw. Wonder how many sales it had?

ALB got an 8 too so not like rating is huge.

on other note, over advertising could cost with no gain so. It's better to let it advertize itself 8-)

TheRev
First Sergeant

Postby TheRev » Thu 13 Aug 2015 11:08

Well I don't know about the other guys here but I have only played the Beta, which so far I really really like. It needs some tweaking and improving, but it's solid and a lot of fun.
Although I agree with others, I wish Focus Home Interactive was not the publisher, they in my opinion are not doing a very good job, and have a very mediocre track record.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 13 Aug 2015 18:40

Chubzdoomer wrote:It'll never become as big as Starcraft II or even C&C Generals for that matter, but I do see it sustaining a relatively small, but extremely loyal fanbase much like the Wargame franchise. I also foresee it getting some pretty good review scores. I predict the Metacritic average to be anywhere from the mid-70s to the low-80s.

If you look at recent RTS releases like Grey goo or Planetary annihilation, or even etherium/nightside, act of agression is looking really good in comparison.

When you have a solid game with good performance and solid multiplayer and decent gameplay, i think your set for a great launch day. The issue here is how many people will stay in the loong term. From the people ive talked with they seam to think act of agression is a bland generic game from what they can see on videos.

Also their gameplay perspective seams to show that its a very slow paced game.

Maybe Eugen themselves could post more gameplay videos and highlights of the game itself, like its almost mid August and we havent even seen a bit of marketing from them, or more developer interviews.

Sometimes i even wonder if its worth delaying the launch of the game just to have a bit more coverage in september.

Return to “Act of Aggression”