List of common feature and improvement requests by the community.

fujix
Sergeant First-Class

List of common feature and improvement requests by the community.

Postby fujix » Fri 14 Aug 2015 17:58

Hello all!

I thought I'd make a list of the most common feature and improvement request made by the community. This way, both the devs and the players can easy get an overlook of what has been requested.
I will try to populate the list with the most common requests but I'm sure I will overlook some. When that is the case, please reply with a feature/improvement and a link to its thread so I can add it to the list.

Please keep discussions about specific entries out of this thread. I will link the appropriate thread for each entry. If I missed a thread about a specific entry, feel free to reply and provide the link so I can add it.

Important
Please do not bump this thread or we risk getting it locked again.

Update
I see a lot of people are posting features/improvements without providing a link to an existing thread. This thread was not meant to be a "wish list" thread but a collection of existing threads. It is especially hard when people post things and give a description of the request in the post. To avoid cluttering the list I cannot have details in the OP. Thats why an existing thread is better, where detailed information can be written and discussion can occur.
If you post something that you want added to the list, please provide a link to a thread you or someone else has created.
From now on I will not add entries that are not associated with an existing thread. For those of you that have posted a feature/improvement and dont see it in the list, please create a thread for it and provide a link and I will update the OP.

I also ask your help to populate the existing entries that lack a link with an appropriate thread.

[Features]

- Rebind hotkeys.
- Hold fire command for units. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54220
- Move fast command for vehicles that make them use roads (See improvements ). viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54353
- Display waypoints/paths with lines. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54103
- Able to hotkey multiple buildings to one hotkey and a system that allows for specific building selection in that hotkey group.
- Hotkey map locations.
- Some kind of infantry cover system.
- Drag and drop build queues in factories. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54219
- Infantry icons. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54295
- Match timer. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54018
- Separate observer chat for MP games. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54122
- More team colors. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54475
- Resource trading between allies in team games. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54344
- More MP lobby options, such as resource amount, banks on/off, super weapons on/off etc.
- FFA for all maps.
- Button for finding idle units. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54379
- Option to turn off new economy icons on buildings. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54288
- Infantry roof assaults from helicopters. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54207
- Pause production button on factories. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54221
- A patrol command for units that supports waypoints.
- Sound notifications when players join/leave MP lobby and when lobby is full.
- Command for defining harvester routes.
- Scripting support.
- Add MMB and RMB click and hold scroll functionality.
- Ability for a control group to move in a selected formation.
- Command for different fire stances. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54020 Covered in this topic.
- Grid Layout Hotkeys. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54609
- Unit production loop. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54529
- Multiple building management. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54529
- Production overlay. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54529
- Skirmish/Coop options. viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54535
- Gameplay & Controls options. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=52590&start=40#p827644
- Visual indicator for units that are on hold fire. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54853
- Key that resets the camera to default after zooming/moving. viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54224&p
- Individual skill uses per click, when multiple units are selected armed with the same skill. viewtopic.php?f=192&t=55158
- Block in game onscreen messages of non-participating friends. viewtopic.php?f=192&t=55148&p=865758#p865758

[Improvements]

- Improve unit responsiveness viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54355
- Improve unit auto targeting and target designation to groups to prevent overkill. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54303 <-- covers multiple topics
- Improve mini map readability, enemy units are hard to spot.
- Vehicles do not use roads by default. Require move fast command (see features). viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54353
- Improve visuals for resource stockpiles so its easier to identify if stockpiles are full.
- Units with multiple weapon systems fire all weapons if appropriate targets are within range. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54020
- Extended soundtrack.
- Better balancing of sound effect volumes.
- Add visual feedback that can be seen by all players (if they have LoS to the area) when Chimera prison heal and revive abilities are being used. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54546
- Increase infantry move speed and vehicle off-road speed.
- UI improvements. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54151
- Improve team settings to allow non symmetric teams. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=54395
Last edited by fujix on Fri 11 Sep 2015 14:52, edited 19 times in total.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Re: List of common feature and improvement requests by the community.

Postby Araton » Fri 14 Aug 2015 18:53

+1 and a pause production button.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Fri 14 Aug 2015 18:55

Awesome deserves a sticky!!!

Even if there are some features the devs dont want to implement, its always nice to look at a list and decide what to implement or reject!! ;)

WarriorWounds
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby WarriorWounds » Fri 14 Aug 2015 19:03

As long as the thread is objectively updated I don't mind, concerns with threads like these is to potentially have unpopular/disliked opinions ignored/unknown by the dev's because this is the only quick go to.

Should be nice to keep everybody's opinions in one neat little package though.

fujix
Sergeant First-Class

Postby fujix » Fri 14 Aug 2015 19:14

I will be objective about the things that go on the list. If someone thinks a feature/improvement should be in here, please post a reply with it and a link to the thread and I will add it.

However I do think balance issues should be kept out from this thread, unless of course there is popular demand to include a balance section with links to commonly discussed balance topics.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Fri 14 Aug 2015 19:20

Yes its simple features and this is not a discussion thread just a place with links to the respective discussions to avoid the mess we have currently of people creating 9 different threads to discuss the exact same thing.

Chubzdoomer
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Chubzdoomer » Fri 14 Aug 2015 19:35

Araton wrote:+1 and a pause production button.

Yes!

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Fri 14 Aug 2015 20:29

AndreB wrote:Awesome deserves a sticky!!!

Even if there are some features the devs dont want to implement, its always nice to look at a list and decide what to implement or reject!! ;)

Yeah that sure was a great idea from fujix to collect all the feedback threads into one to have a good overview.
Sure some of the features maybe not as improtant as others but still it is really cool to see this huge collection of suggestions.
And of course there is no space for balance stuff because that should be handled in other threads.

Well don´t get me wrong but there is a lot of work to be done for the EUGEN staff.
The feature stuff isn´t that important I would be glad if they would be able to fix the whole list of improvements.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

seingalton
Corporal

Postby seingalton » Fri 14 Aug 2015 20:50

Damn, was in the process of doing something similar but in my own verbose way. Great thread -- almost all of these are really important points to me and I'd love to see them addressed eventually. I'll probably put my own thread up over the weekend regardless since there are a few design issues I don't particularly like (vehicle wrecks and building ruins lingering too long might be a good entry here if most agree).

ZxGanon wrote:The feature stuff isn´t that important I would be glad if they would be able to fix the whole list of improvements.

+1

d1spatch
Corporal

Postby d1spatch » Fri 14 Aug 2015 22:38

Nice list. Work on these and we've got a killer game here Eugen!

Return to “Act of Aggression”