About the patch 443

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: About the patch 443

Postby AndreB » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:16

grandstrateger wrote:A hold fire button is in developpment and should be released soon. It's useful for every units when you want to capture bases for instance. That's the main purpose of it. But it could be used as you've written.
The automatic hold fire stance is I think much more convenient.

Great news.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:17

torinus wrote:Or a better way is to stop stealth units from firing if you just give them a new move command. No need for more buttons if you can do it with currently existing ones.

That would deny your units from defending them selves and shooting while on the move or retreating, also not an optimal solution.

fujix
Sergeant First-Class

Postby fujix » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:18

grandstrateger wrote:A hold fire button is in developpment and should be released soon. It's useful for every units when you want to capture bases for instance. That's the main purpose of it. But it could be used as you've written.

Great news! This is something the community has really requested. Thanks!
Last edited by fujix on Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:18

Please Mr Alexis,

Rethink the ambush removing , it really has a big impact on the game balance , I sorta agree about perm stealth , but the ambush system ...

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:18

AndreB wrote:

Great news.

Wow, I did not expect that. Thank you MR. Le Dressay :mrgreen:

Selkares
Brigadier

Postby Selkares » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:19

torinus wrote:Or a better way is to stop stealth units from firing if you just give them a new move command. No need for more buttons if you can do it with currently existing ones.

Nope, very bad solution.
With its range upgrade I may want my SPectre to continue shooting while moving away from an enemy tank, to destroy it from afar.
I don't want it to stop shooting in this case.

The issue with automatic behavior instead of a stance options is that they never cover all situations players may create.

Arky01
Staff Sergeant

Postby Arky01 » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:21

Araton wrote:
AndreB wrote:

Great news.

Wow, I did not expect that. Thank you MR. Le Dressay :mrgreen:

Yea, thank you very much..

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:38

Selkares wrote:

Nope, very bad solution.
With its range upgrade I may want my SPectre to continue shooting while moving away from an enemy tank, to destroy it from afar.
I don't want it to stop shooting in this case.

The issue with automatic behavior instead of a stance options is that they never cover all situations players may create.

So you will move your unit and then give attack order again if you want to kite. Or move attack order.

With button if you want this you will need to click button, click back and then if you change your mind and want to fight click that button again. Even if you use shortcuts it is worse than just using a mouse to do all this.

The button will be more useful if you just give up on trying to go stealth again and just want to kite and fight but it also removes micro in this case. They could easily implement stop micro in a way that stop command or hold ground command after move command also lets spectre start shooting (probably hold ground command). Then you can just use click on mouse to move and click hold ground when you want to fire again and then move again to go to stealth.
Last edited by torinus on Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

C&CIsDead
Staff Sergeant

Postby C&CIsDead » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:39

If i may add, when you use the specters upgrade you kind of "did what you had to do", but players against you that are not cartel need to invest more time and sometime more resource to counter that. So you just spam specter and your enemy can't just spam strykers, abarms or term. Meaning you don't have to be skilled players to get fully specter stealth but you need to be skilled players to counter that.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:44

C&CIsDead wrote:If i may add, when you use the specters upgrade you kind of "did what you had to do", but players against you that are not cartel need to invest more time and sometime more resource to counter that. So you just spam specter and your enemy can't just spam strykers or abarms. Meaning you don't have to be skilled players to get fully specter stealth but you need to be skilled players to counter that.

I dont 100% agree with that sentiment, normaly because NLOS-Canons, Himars and air in general are super good versus spectre tanks.

Granted you cant just spam strykers and abrams and hope to win, but you dont have to invest more resources than the cartel player. Mostly because to keep those spectre tanks alive you need a decent otomatic count.

Javelins with NLOS used to be awesome if the cartel player didnt had CIWS, granted with ambush being removed javelins are worse in this situation.

Also with the nerf to otomatics this might make guardians viable with the NLOS upgrade?

Bottom line I dont think countering the spectre tank was that big of an issue on 1v1 scenarios, granted you kinda had to be trigger happy with your arty force firing the frontline constantly.

In teamgames it might have been broken because 1 teammate could rush it
Last edited by AndreB on Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Act of Aggression”