About the patch 443

fujix
Sergeant First-Class

Re: About the patch 443

Postby fujix » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:05

grandstrateger wrote:I would rather revamp the ambush mechanic and call it the "stealth shot", which gives the bonus for the first shot only for any stealth units that shoot without being seen. Second shoot won't of course benefit from the bonus. :?:

This sounds like a good compromise for removing the previous ambush mechanic. Cartel units are squishy so adding a one time damage boost to them, would help. I believe it would promote creative hit and run tactics.
Would be nice if units that fire from high ground also get this one time bonus, as to reward players that use terrain to their advantage.

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:15

grandstrateger wrote:I would rather revamp the ambush mechanic and call it the "stealth shot", which gives the bonus for the first shot only for any stealth units that shoot without being seen. Second shoot won't of course benefit from the bonus. :?:

This sounds like a good compromise.

It would also work for Ninja's having sudden burst damage versus helicopters.

I wonder how will this work for the AMOS shooting it's volleys. Does the entire first volley barrage count as a Stealth Shot?
Last edited by atdsutm on Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:16

fujix wrote:

This sounds like a good compromise for removing the previous ambush mechanic. Cartel units are squishy so adding a one time damage boost to them, would help. I believe it would promote creative hit and run tactics.
Would be nice if units that fire from high ground also get this one time bonus, as to reward players that use terrain to their advantage.

interesting idea.

a 50% bonus to this "critical shot" may appear enough as the specter has quite a good range now. more of that, how this ability is going to "recharge"?

as soon as the unit gains its stealth status again, the critical shot is recharged and ready?

Also, given your very welcome presence here, maybe the units physics (choppers), group handling and movements tweaks ( formations, homogeneous speed, roads, response time of the units) could be some valuable subjects.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:24

Hey did some of my clanmates already send you our titanpad?
That is one of our possible suggestions. ☺
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

grandstrateger
Staff Sergeant

Postby grandstrateger » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:27

ZxGanon wrote:Hey did some of my clanmates already send you our titanpad?

No I only read your mind ;)
EUGEN BIG BOSS

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Thu 20 Aug 2015 19:35

I dont mind the patch changes.
Eugens have a test field here and its their right to use the Beta Community to introduce new solutions for problems that have not been solved yet.

Today is not always. In the long run, Eugens will win (with) the game!

I also prefer parma-Stealth-Units but that does not Crush the game and neither the faction for me.
I am a very good player and I can adapt on everything! Man thats why I am a human!

I provided you the Cartel update for my Strategy guide and dont know how to publish it :-)

I will give it a try here in the hope to convince some people to love the faction as much as I do!

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54280&p=854568#p854568

Of couse that was before Patch 443 but Everything is still valid.
You will never loose with Cartel again after reading my book. I Promise! ;)

seingalton
Corporal

Postby seingalton » Thu 20 Aug 2015 20:42

fujix wrote:

It almost certainly will, and it makes these units even more fun to use. +1 this is a great suggestion grandstrateger, and far preferrable to giving spectres an hp buff. Keeps them cool and special.

fujix wrote:Would be nice if units that fire from high ground also get this one time bonus, as to reward players that use terrain to their advantage.

This I dunno about. Already chokepoints seem pretty good thanks largely to the amount of splash in the game and the way your own dead vehicles can block you from charging through. It could also once again make the mechanic unclear and complex to make sense of for the player.

razgriz91
Sergeant

Postby razgriz91 » Thu 20 Aug 2015 20:46

seingalton wrote:
fujix wrote:

+1. This should be simple for everyone and still easy to counter

allennguyen93
Corporal

Postby allennguyen93 » Thu 20 Aug 2015 21:00

grandstrateger wrote:
ZxGanon wrote:Hey did some of my clanmates already send you our titanpad?

No I only read your mind ;)

Eugenes, I still have a problem with the artillery. Please, can you add the minimum range to all artillery. It still bothers me how close they can shoot at enemy units. I think it's really unbalanced and unrealistic. Below is a picture of us army artillery at something right in front of it.
artillery.PNG
Us Artillery shooting too close
artillery.PNG (794.88 KiB) Viewed 1164 times

One more thing about AI. Do they get programmed to behave differently (harder or easier) on different maps or in multiplayers? One time I played with a friend in multiplayers on 3vs3 map against 3 medium AIs. And they demonstrated exceptionally tactical capability. When they attacked, they combined infantry, artillery and their tanks, first they sent in tanks followed by armored carrier full of sas soldiers and exo soldiers to clear the bank defended by my javelins and marines, they also used snipers. i got impressed about how smart they were. Yes all that happened at the same time
But when I played skirmish on a different map against the same medium AI. They seemed to get dumber, they did not combine their infantry and tanks. They just threw a bunch tanks at my bank and eventually got destroyed by my javelins defending the bank

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 20 Aug 2015 21:05

Stealthshot sounds awesome.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Return to “Act of Aggression”