The grouping system

TheGenera1
Corporal

The grouping system

Postby TheGenera1 » Fri 28 Aug 2015 02:31

Please please will you consider having mutually exclusive grouping system where a unit cannot be in more than one group at once, and when setting a new group with that unit, it cancels out the old group. Constantly I am messing around with the grouping of units.

Example.... Group of tanks are CTRL+2 and I want to make all the anti air in that group a separate group I do CTRL+3 but the anti air are also still part of group 2. This is a major inconvenience. I am aware starcraft do it, but for this game it's highly annoying.

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: The grouping system

Postby AceRevo » Fri 28 Aug 2015 03:14

TheGenera1 wrote:Please please will you consider having mutually exclusive grouping system where a unit cannot be in more than one group at once, and when setting a new group with that unit, it cancels out the old group. Constantly I am messing around with the grouping of units.

Example.... Group of tanks are CTRL+2 and I want to make all the anti air in that group a separate group I do CTRL+3 but the anti air are also still part of group 2. This is a major inconvenience. I am aware starcraft do it, but for this game it's highly annoying.

I understand what you mean and I found this very confusing too and I did wanted to have it in a way that you could group a group of units to only one group but eventually I have gotten a taste of this and I quite like it..

This means that you can have a group of mixed units and within that group u can seperate the different units such as AA units, infantrys and anti-tank units, as an example, to different groups.

I like the possibility to group a unit(s) to more then just one group becouse of this!

ThePassionateGamer
Sergeant First-Class

Re: The grouping system

Postby ThePassionateGamer » Fri 28 Aug 2015 09:57

Yes the multiple group system is good as it is. It opens up more options and it gives you the possibility to create subgroups but still have a main group to move mixed units. Just try it out a bit more and you will like it. I don't remember how but you could deselect units from a group. Maybe by going Shift click on the unit type or CTRL/STRG and click...sorry I don't recall the right combination right now but there was a way to deselect units. Once done just redefine the group and the units you selected out will be out of the group. It is easy once you get used to it.

ThePassionateGamer

Return to “Act of Aggression”