Huge issue - can't see what army you play against

Netput
First Sergeant

Huge issue - can't see what army you play against

Postby Netput » Wed 2 Sep 2015 23:34

When you play automatch there is no way to tell what faction you are facing. This is really a huge issue because you can't tailor your Build order this way. It also just guessing whether you have to prepare vs aggressive reckon teams or not.

Just show the opponent + faction on loading screen. Or show faction near the chat name when you press enter
Visit AoAReplays.com for your Strategies, Replays, Videos and more!

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Huge issue - can't see what army you play against

Postby AceRevo » Wed 2 Sep 2015 23:35

Netput wrote:When you play automatch there is no way to tell what faction you are facing. This is really a huge issue because you can't tailor your Build order this way. It also just guessing whether you have to prepare vs aggressive reckon teams or not.

Just show the opponent + faction on loading screen. Or show faction near the chat name when you press enter

I dont think thats fair at all.. Whats fair is that you shouldnt know who and what youre playing against so you have to figure this one out by yourself!

The fog of war is there for a reason right? lol why not just remove it all..

Edit: Hell, I'd even wish that the 2v2v2v2 games were not placing players by their colors becouse in the room you will know where each players will be located on the map! :(

Netput
First Sergeant

Postby Netput » Wed 2 Sep 2015 23:45

It isn't fair because chimera (and cartel?) will insta lose vs a reckon harassment unless they prepare. This gives the USA player an insane advantage in every single game. If you don't prepare they have an instant win, if they do prepare they simply play their normal game.

So basically you are dead before you figured out who you play against. Oh the joy in that -_-
Visit AoAReplays.com for your Strategies, Replays, Videos and more!

Toysoldier
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Toysoldier » Thu 3 Sep 2015 01:18

Totally agree we must see it on loading screen!

Starcraft 2 use its the same way on e-sports (world championship every year) if you want to be secret use random faction.

mbat7813
Corporal

Postby mbat7813 » Thu 3 Sep 2015 01:25

That is a great idea. But I think the bigger issue is people not scouting at all in game. I feel that being able to see your opponent's army won't punish bad players who don't scout at all. Cartel has a great scout unit, and Chimera has a recon unit that can annihilate US recon teams if the US player is bad.

I think if we promote scouting, more people would be able to see and observe what the other person is doing. For example, from cartel you can expect superhind/infantry plays, or from US early field hospital, and chimera namer/SAS. Being able to expect these things without even scouting in the game will make these strategies a lot weaker. A lot of variety in strategies were kind of wiped out by the patches.

TheDemolitionmech
Sergeant

Postby TheDemolitionmech » Thu 3 Sep 2015 01:30

Netput wrote:It isn't fair because chimera (and cartel?) will insta lose vs a reckon harassment unless they prepare. This gives the USA player an insane advantage in every single game. If you don't prepare they have an instant win, if they do prepare they simply play their normal game.

So basically you are dead before you figured out who you play against. Oh the joy in that -_-

+1

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Thu 3 Sep 2015 01:58

honestly what you all guys typed is fine, and knowing which solution is the best is not such an easy thing, heh?

in my humble opinion, when all the people will realize, and it won't take long, that the multiplayer part is cursed by rushing techniques and the lack of static/base défenses at early game, the population in multiplayer will be so poor that you won't have to debate about this for decades...

Then, i hope the game mechanics will start moving on.

just a frank feeling.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

TheGenera1
Corporal

Postby TheGenera1 » Thu 3 Sep 2015 02:14

Agree with netput tbh, the recon rush is op and you need to know if you're against USA or not.

VJS161Fire
Sergeant

Postby VJS161Fire » Thu 3 Sep 2015 06:44

I like the surprise effect of the ranked games, because I have to do all the basics:
+ recon the map and your enemy
+ build a instant defensive force (for myself, I place 1 marine and 2-3 vipers in the base to prevent recon rushes)
+ prepare for everything :mrgreen:

Plus, because your enemy also don't know which faction you play, prevents him to use a specific build order against a specific faction - remember: They also don't know, which faction you are. ;)

I like that we don't know which map we'll play, as well.

Kind regards,
Fire
"Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork." - Virtuelle Jagdstaffel 161 "Mad Bulls"

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Thu 3 Sep 2015 07:20

If that's the case, the factions selected should show on the loading screen. If the person picks random, the randomly selected faction should appear!

Return to “Act of Aggression”