Is it just me or are all shots fired are a hit?

SpeisCheese
Captain

Is it just me or are all shots fired are a hit?

Postby SpeisCheese » Wed 9 Sep 2015 21:42

Something which really disturbs me since I played AoA is the lack of shots fired without hitting anything. Unlike Wargame, MoW, CoH 2, etc, where you got certain accuracy stats, in AoA, it's different. Every shot fired, is a hit.
Was this like AoW(never played this game so I have no idea if its predecessor is like AoA)? Or is it new for Eugen to give every unit 100% accuracy?

Is this a good idea, or should Eugen stay with accuracy stats?

Jirik
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Is it just me or are all shots fired are a hit?

Postby Jirik » Wed 9 Sep 2015 21:59

Just off top of my head - could the first in game displayed weapon stat be accuracy? Ranging from 2 to 6 (??). Just guessing from my memory...

Edit - after some testing, it probably means overall weapon efficiency, all things considered, on scale 1-5.
Last edited by Jirik on Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:00

from what i saw, many shots miss their target, but the whole range/accuracy system stays very obscure for now.

The infantry units suffer from a little rifles dispersion that's right, but globally are hawk-eyed sharpshooters, and some units, logically built with targeting computers/assistance sometimes miss their target or have an incomprehensible dispersion...

Choppers autocannons for example, and even some tanks even if those are very close to the target.

So, on what are based the accuracy mechanics? range? unit or target movement? inner accuracy rate or dodge rate? dispersion value for the weapons?

This interesting subject is really close to some questions underlined in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=55129

just hoping that some tweaks could be done to make the accuracy system exploitable for the player. even if we force the unit to fire at a distant target with a degraded accuracy...bringing some realism to the game regarding the units ranges and ballistics simulation. (effective firing range/max firing range)
Last edited by Megiddo on Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:31, edited 3 times in total.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

ace40k
Sergeant Major

Postby ace40k » Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:16

you probably dont play Cartel. SuperHinds (with autocannon) and Otomatics miss so many shoots it's like they see an enemy, begin panicking and then start shooting in enemy's general direction with eyes closed :o
"Where do you need a flying tank?" - SuperHind

Booom3
Corporal

Postby Booom3 » Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:46

Afaik every shot is a hit, anything else is just visual. Aside from artillery obviously.

And yes, this is a good thing.

noodlesocks
Sergeant Major

Postby noodlesocks » Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:46

From what I can tell, auto targeting will result in missing but telling a unit specifically to attack will result in perfect shots. Haven't really tested fully but I often notice certain units spraying wildly until I tell them to attack something specifically.

Return to “Act of Aggression”