Planes need a nerf

chemdude8
Corporal

Planes need a nerf

Postby chemdude8 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 07:53

Currently planes can reach a critical mass where they become the most cost effective unit in the game (you'll always lose the first plane in the attack but the damage spreads across the rest of them and you kill way more than the 1600 oil that you spent on it) Really need an airfield limit in place, or perhaps a number of planes per command center or raise the price of each plane.

Opticalx
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Planes need a nerf

Postby Opticalx » Tue 15 Sep 2015 08:21

Yeah the lightning is just another OP unit for USA nothing new.
Youtube - Opticalx

fromthearth69
Sergeant Major

Postby fromthearth69 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 14:27

If you simply refuse to build ASF to fend off jets, you can still build some more effective means of air defence. Patriot for US, Antey-2500 for Chimera and upgraded Grinch for Cartel deals with F-35 pretty well. Also, mass Terminators can at least largely mitigate F-35's damage, if not shooting down most of them.

nyxstef
Sergeant Major

Postby nyxstef » Tue 15 Sep 2015 14:43

Ground attack aircrafts are easy to counter. Just build air superiority fighter, or spread your AA units (Stinger, Grinch, Pantsir, Otomatics, Blazer, Antey, etc.) around your base & your FOBs. If you cluster them together, your AA units can get destroyed very easily.

Easy way: build air control center for detection, and garrison buildings with Grinch / Stinger; they effectively take out aircrafts.
R.I.P AoA (Sep 2015 - Oct 2015) :(

chemdude8
Corporal

Postby chemdude8 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 16:25

I'll try to post a replay later, and I agree that Patriots and other sw defense are required but as a player who abuses f35 planes I can say I've never felt countered. The number of planes you lose (even going against huge amounts of aa) is still way economical.

Edit: as a mention the 'use grinches' is mediocre advice at best, especially if you get the nlos upgrade, if you do only the first plane gets shot down because the missle speed is too slow (and planes magically disappear after dropping their payload instead of needing to return from where they came).

fromthearth69
Sergeant Major

Postby fromthearth69 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 17:12

chemdude8 wrote:I'll try to post a replay later, and I agree that Patriots and other sw defense are required but as a player who abuses f35 planes I can say I've never felt countered. The number of planes you lose (even going against huge amounts of aa) is still way economical.

Edit: as a mention the 'use grinches' is mediocre advice at best, especially if you get the nlos upgrade, if you do only the first plane gets shot down because the missle speed is too slow (and planes magically disappear after dropping their payload instead of needing to return from where they came).

More often than not, it takes a few turns for F-35 to empty its payload before evac. So Grinch can usually get more than one salvo out. Besides, as Cartel, the most efficient way to clear jets and helicopter spam is Berkut. The rear fired missile plus the damage a single salvo of it can deal make it extremely good at such job.

Return to “Act of Aggression”