[Suggestion] New upgrade for Chimera Outposts that help with its RE blocking Aluminum problem

torinus
Lieutenant

[Suggestion] New upgrade for Chimera Outposts that help with its RE blocking Aluminum problem

Postby torinus » Thu 24 Sep 2015 13:34

So this is from another topic where I presented the problem and a quick solution but this has more chance to be seen.

Problem:
There is a big problem with the way Chimera currently handles resource stocks. They extend max resources by building Outposts which cost lots of Aluminum. But if you fill them up with rare earth, aluminum trucks will just stand there in queue and do nothing. You cannot build new outpost because you have no Aluminum to build it with. And Chimera has no units that cost only RE. It is a terrible magical circle! Even aluminum generating buildings stop working because of RE.

Chimera needs a way to extend its Max stocks with cash only or a Max stock building for RE only that is made with $ and not aluminum.

Quick solution:
Add an upgrade to Outposts that costs 500 $ and expands its Max stock further. That upgrade can be done in addition to any of the 3 major upgrades Outposts have. This would only ask for one more icon and shortcut and you don't need to do any animation changes or additions to Outpost 3d model, just improve its max resource more, the exact number you can determine. This would be a quick fix for the stated problem above.
Yes you can still get into above problem if you upgraded all Outposts and still filled them up with RE but that will be less often than how it can happen now.

Discuss.

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Re: [Suggestion] New upgrade for Chimera Outposts that help with its RE blocking Aluminum problem

Postby admiralzeech » Thu 24 Sep 2015 14:14

From the other thread, minus my embarrassing ignorance:

Doesnt that just delay the problem? What happens if you've already upgraded all your outposts, and you accidentally fill up with RE again? You're still stuck just like before?

Maybe an easier quick fix is to change one of the more optional but spammable Chimera units to only cost RE?

edit: Reading more carefully, I see you've added a response to that already. But why delay the problem when you can just fix it?
Or just go the lazy way and let Chimera build LEMs for $500? It's not like it's the end of the world if Chimera has the same stack of boxes that US has.

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: [Suggestion] New upgrade for Chimera Outposts that help with its RE blocking Aluminum problem

Postby torinus » Thu 24 Sep 2015 14:26

That is why it is called a quick fix. Anything but this could take weeks to do and test. Changing units to only cost RE could cause balance problems.

Adding same looking LEMS would make people complain and would ruin how Chimera was imagined to play with Outposts.

And most players don't upgrade stuff, most of them would probably still have some upgrade left on some outpost to help themselves out of this problem.

This is not the best solution but it is quickest useful one.

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Thu 24 Sep 2015 14:52

Would LEMs ruin Chimera? I'm not a good player, but I like to build Outposts for their upgraded benefits... are you saying most players build outposts purely for storage? (and if they had LEMs, they wouldn't build outposts?)

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 24 Sep 2015 15:42

admiralzeech wrote:Would LEMs ruin Chimera? I'm not a good player, but I like to build Outposts for their upgraded benefits... are you saying most players build outposts purely for storage? (and if they had LEMs, they wouldn't build outposts?)

I am saying Outposts are the "thing" with Chimera, it is their main difference between them and other factions.

nyxstef
Sergeant Major

Postby nyxstef » Thu 24 Sep 2015 18:57

It is also a problem for Cartel, since its additional storage costs 500 Oil & 500 Alu, while only able to hold 500 resource amount...

I like the idea of individual upgrade for outpost, however as stated above, it would only delay the problem if you have lots of Crushers carrying RE queueing in front of your outposts.

How about changing stored resource amount in outpost from 1500 of everything to 1000 Alu only? Then the 500$ upgrade adds 500 RE capacity to it. To balance it out, slightly buff outpost in any way to balance the reduced stored resource amount.

Meanwhile, Chimera's HQ remains being able to hold 1500 of everything from the start. That way we don't need RE LEM anymore.
R.I.P AoA (Sep 2015 - Oct 2015) :(

killer00100
Master Sergeant

Postby killer00100 » Thu 24 Sep 2015 19:11

I suggest to separate cap in each building. Alu building increase Alu cap while RE building increase RE cap. This would make resource control a lot easier and also make it easier to scout and guess enemy's move and can be more strategic by destroy RE building to prevent enemy SW or destroy Alu building to stop advanced unit production (current one are mixed which is hard to define how much resources of each type there are).

This is my 2 cents though.

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Thu 24 Sep 2015 19:21

Would be nice to see a fix for this problem across All the factions, RE LEMS don't fix it for the US cuz the RE goes into those LEMS only after the regular ones are full most of the time. I don't know if the Cartel have an issue, but this needs to be addressed, especially to help out new players, nothing like getting defeated by the economy you built . . .

nyxstef
Sergeant Major

Postby nyxstef » Thu 24 Sep 2015 19:56

lincrono wrote:Would be nice to see a fix for this problem across All the factions, RE LEMS don't fix it for the US cuz the RE goes into those LEMS only after the regular ones are full most of the time. I don't know if the Cartel have an issue, but this needs to be addressed, especially to help out new players, nothing like getting defeated by the economy you built . . .

Yes, the resource allocation it's slightly broken; RE doesn't go to RE storage first, or relocated once RE storage is built.
R.I.P AoA (Sep 2015 - Oct 2015) :(

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 24 Sep 2015 20:11

nyxstef wrote:It is also a problem for Cartel, since its additional storage costs 500 Oil & 500 Alu, while only able to hold 500 resource amount...

I like the idea of individual upgrade for outpost, however as stated above, it would only delay the problem if you have lots of Crushers carrying RE queueing in front of your outposts.

How about changing stored resource amount in outpost from 1500 of everything to 1000 Alu only? Then the 500$ upgrade adds 500 RE capacity to it. To balance it out, slightly buff outpost in any way to balance the reduced stored resource amount.

Meanwhile, Chimera's HQ remains being able to hold 1500 of everything from the start. That way we don't need RE LEM anymore.

It is less for cartel because you can build units that cost only RE and in that way easily get rid of some RE so aluminum can fit, also it is easier to get to 500 aluminum by spending smaller amounts of RE so a bit of Aluminum gets put into stores. It is much harder to get to 1500 aluminum that way, even if you got more than that waiting in trucks next to drop off points.

Return to “Act of Aggression”