AoD #2 loosers aftermath imbalance rage topic (without actual raging)

Araton
Warrant Officer

Re: AoD #2 loosers aftermath imbalance rage topic (without actual raging)

Postby Araton » Mon 28 Sep 2015 14:35

AndreB wrote:Let me just add.

PAK-FA, BERKUT, RAPTOR are all bad versus helicopters, like super bad, and i think nerfing helicopters isnt the way to go here.

I think honestly they should really buff aircraft versus helicopters and then add a slight aoe back to at least pantsir/blazer and maybe a range buff to otomatics versus helicopters.

PS: dont forget, Ninjas got a severe nerf with the removal of aoe as well

I'm not sure if Ninja AoE was affected. I had a couple of custom games yesterday, where I used Ninjas to harras Cartel K-Maxes. A single volley of Ninja rockets could kill 5 K-Maxes that were waiting clumped up for their buddy to exit the refinery. I guess maybe the AoE range was reduced on the Ninja rockets. This might need more testing though.

killer00100
Master Sergeant

Postby killer00100 » Mon 28 Sep 2015 15:01

Araton wrote:

PAK-FA, BERKUT, RAPTOR are all bad versus helicopters, like super bad, and i think nerfing helicopters isnt the way to go here.

I think honestly they should really buff aircraft versus helicopters and then add a slight aoe back to at least pantsir/blazer and maybe a range buff to otomatics versus helicopters.

I'm not sure if Ninja AoE was affected. I had a couple of custom games yesterday, where I used Ninjas to harras Cartel K-Maxes. A single volley of Ninja rockets could kill 5 K-Maxes that were waiting clumped up for their buddy to exit the refinery. I guess maybe the AoE range was reduced on the Ninja rockets. This might need more testing though.

Collectors in games cause explosive which damage nearby units and sometimes it become chain reaction which destroy everything in the area. In your case, 1 k-max explode and may destroy another k-max which is damaged and 2 of them cause chain explosion on other k-maxs.

I suggest to try on other helis to see if ninjas still have AOE.

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Mon 28 Sep 2015 15:10

Araton wrote:I'm not sure if Ninja AoE was affected. I had a couple of custom games yesterday, where I used Ninjas to harras Cartel K-Maxes. A single volley of Ninja rockets could kill 5 K-Maxes that were waiting clumped up for their buddy to exit the refinery. I guess maybe the AoE range was reduced on the Ninja rockets. This might need more testing though.

Tanker trucks blow up when they are killed, I'm not sure about Cartel's tankers. But that might explain what you saw.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Mon 28 Sep 2015 15:27

Araton wrote:

Its confirmed ninjas were nerfed in terms of aoe, what you are experiencing is the kmaxes blowing up.

If you want to confirm check the armory values and you will se the same aoe value for all AA missiles including ninjas.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 28 Sep 2015 17:22

I also wanna mention that Jackals somehow lost the full range capabilities and get killed by mere unupgraded rocket soldiers and YES I tried to micro them as perfcet as possible but they tend to get in range and that means something is wrong with their range.

And units in generell are not using their maximum attack range until you give them an attack move order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Mon 28 Sep 2015 17:36

Helis are fine, the superhind is just one broken unit.

40 HP, flying, transport for units, autocannon, missiles, napalm, countermeasures. What is there not to like to spam it? It's a flying main battle tank with troop transport capabilities on top.

Reduce it's HP to 20, problem solved.
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

Seekerdolls
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Seekerdolls » Mon 28 Sep 2015 20:08

ZxGanon wrote:And units in generell are not using their maximum attack range until you give them an attack move order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wargame has this problem too but worse

Imagine 2800m range gunship approaching target with attack order, it will attack at point of 2600~2400 based on their approaching speed

Units are not use their max range carefully instead they 'start to stop' at max range
Same goes with road using jacals, which will probably running into rocket's range

However in case of scorpion, something is different cause their max range is far more longer than attack move order range. Interesting enough
Sorry for inconvenience :D

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 28 Sep 2015 20:32

Spector wrote:Helis are fine, the superhind is just one broken unit.

40 HP, flying, transport for units, autocannon, missiles, napalm, countermeasures. What is there not to like to spam it? It's a flying main battle tank with troop transport capabilities on top.

Wrong as ever.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

ace40k
Sergeant Major

Postby ace40k » Mon 28 Sep 2015 21:56

"hey, a guy who has a SuperHind as ava and a SuperHind quote in sig is posting! totally not biased, guys!"

yeah, okay. but hear me out! SuperHinds might be heavily armored and good against vehicles. but at least their primary weakness is that they are CRAP against other helicopters/aircraft. while Tigre in mid/lategame pretty much wrecks havoc and is effective against everything, be it ground, air, stealth, etc. i am not saying Tigre is unbalanced. but SuperHind is far from being overpowered.

funnily enough, Cartel doesnt have good alternatives (Scorpio = glasscannon, Oto = bad AA and mediocre against tanks, Grinch = low range and slow, Viper = umm) earlygame so SuperHind is pretty much the only unit in the Cartel arsenal that is effective in many situations. why shouldnt we utilize that? it's like saying Chimera only spams Termis because they are versatile, whats wrong with that?
"Where do you need a flying tank?" - SuperHind

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Mon 28 Sep 2015 23:12

ZxGanon wrote:
Spector wrote:Helis are fine, the superhind is just one broken unit.

Wrong as ever.

Yeah, God forbid an OP unit being fixed. What would you do? Have to find another spam to win unit? You people make me sick, and I just ate cake.

Game is broken since day 1. and almost everyone here just wants it to remain like that so they can keep winning. Glug... i feel some vomit in my throat
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

Return to “Act of Aggression”