Need some help to increase AoA review scores

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: Need some help to increase AoA review scores

Postby torinus » Thu 22 Oct 2015 12:18

TheRev wrote:
torinus wrote:Depends on what you expected from it. Grey Goo seemed to rebound well and their game was in worse state at this time after release. And Grey Goo even sold more at same time (due to better marketing).

Lol Grey Goo was back down to a 522 peak yesterday.... Three days after being at 3998.

3998 was because of free weekend. 522 peak is great considering before free weekend they were at 40-50. They went 1000% with the help of new players that bought the game over the weekend (and old players that came back to play while there is a big playerbase).

TheRev
First Sergeant

Postby TheRev » Thu 22 Oct 2015 12:21

torinus wrote:
TheRev wrote:
torinus wrote:Depends on what you expected from it. Grey Goo seemed to rebound well and their game was in worse state at this time after release. And Grey Goo even sold more at same time (due to better marketing).

Lol Grey Goo was back down to a 522 peak yesterday.... Three days after being at 3998.

3998 was because of free weekend. 522 peak is great considering before free weekend they were at 40-50. They went 1000% with the help of new players that bought the game over the weekend (and old players that came back to play while there is a big playerbase).

Yea but with that decline they will be back down to 50ish in a couple weeks. I guess we will have to wait and see.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 22 Oct 2015 12:58

TheRev wrote:
torinus wrote:
TheRev wrote:Lol Grey Goo was back down to a 522 peak yesterday.... Three days after being at 3998.

Yea but with that decline they will be back down to 50ish in a couple weeks. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Probably not, the game is much better now than it was before. But I don't really care what happens with GG.

The point was that if GG could turn it around so can AoA and AoA has a better base. GG had better and more polished SP, AoA has a better MP.

jimieus
Staff Sergeant

Postby jimieus » Thu 22 Oct 2015 13:37

*stops by to see how AoA forum is doing.

Wow. You guys have sunk to astroturfing. How sad.

*keeps walking

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Thu 22 Oct 2015 14:32

You have to wait for the new Grey Goo players to finish the Single player campaign first before you start using it to compare to anything.
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 22 Oct 2015 15:31

Just be honest with the review theres no harm in that.

No need to give it a 10/10, just give it your honest score, talk about pros/cons and thats it, you shouldnt feel obligated to give it a higher score.

Even though wargame trolls like to give it a 0/10 and just proceed to spam how bad this game is in comparison to wargame..

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Thu 22 Oct 2015 16:23

Best honest way to improve the reviews?

Improve the quality of the game.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 22 Oct 2015 16:55

Megiddo wrote:Best honest way to improve the reviews?

Improve the quality of the game.

I would say the devs are doing that already, each patch is improving it. If this was a EA game the patching would stop by now.

Giving the game a thumbs up on Steam is fair even if you talk about problems still in the game.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Thu 22 Oct 2015 22:17

Spector wrote:It's a good idea just needs some refinement.

We don't need to go 100% great game, best game EVER, and so on.

All that is necessary is for players who like the game, and know which are it's shortcomings to write a honest review and add it to the pile. We don't need "fanboy" level good reviews. Just honest, full, objective reviews mentioning all the good and all the bad. To many reviews are one sided.

I never write reviews do to lack of time, regardels of how good or bad I think the game is, but as soon as I find the time I will at least write a review for AoA on Steam to give it some justice.

Well yeah, 100% will be to suspicious, so... a 86-92%? I think that will sound far better.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 23 Oct 2015 10:53

Any attempts to "cheat" the reviews system on Steam or Metacritic can cause a backlash. I would suggest you don't do anything but call upon fans that want to see this game get better in time and have enough people to play with leave a fair review that will boost sales and morale of devs.
Until the time devs say their are done with support and game has still glaring issues we should be more supporting than now.
They are obviously not good at communicating with community but they are obviously listening and doing their best as we can see with each patch.
As for how to communicate with community and have community then work for you even when the games need work, best examples I know are Path of Exile and Starpoint Gemini 2.

Lot of games rebounded in the past including CoH2.

Return to “Act of Aggression”