Chimera desperately needs an early transporter.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Chimera desperately needs an early transporter.

Postby Araton » Sun 22 Nov 2015 12:14

[Chimera quick tech tree change is needed!]

Hi here's a shameful replay showing how a Cartel player can out gun Chimera on Here Lies the Heros map:

http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... ost9853904

Either you guys remove this map from the map pool for ranked games or:

[The best solution would be: ]
Please consider unlocking an unarmed Valor on Spear Protocol.

Also in the tech tree unlock the Helipad and the Valor after barracks but keep the Tigre locked until a Spear Vehicle bay is built.

Thank you again for listening in advance!
Last edited by [EUG]MadMat on Wed 2 Dec 2015 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortening the title

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Chimera desperately needs an early transporter. Chimera quick tech tree change is needed!

Postby Megiddo » Sun 22 Nov 2015 16:16

Yeah i agree that any faction should have a transporter choice as soon as infantry units are available.

A first early and real gameplay phase with infantry and light transporters is missing to establish the fundations of the game and early control of the map imo. it was already discussed in other threads.

My 2 cents : having a cheap transport choice available IN the barracks.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Re: Chimera desperately needs an early transporter. Chimera quick tech tree change is needed!

Postby Araton » Mon 23 Nov 2015 10:57

Megiddo wrote:Yeah i agree that any faction should have a transporter choice as soon as infantry units are available.

A first early and real gameplay phase with infantry and light transporters is missing to establish the fundations of the game and early control of the map imo. it was already discussed in other threads.

My 2 cents : having a cheap transport choice available IN the barracks.

I understand Megiddo, I've been to those topics and I supported OpticalX's views on it, but in order to get something done here you need to bring up the same problem over and over again to make these people listen and act.
Last edited by Araton on Tue 24 Nov 2015 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 24 Nov 2015 00:16

What about the Namer?

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Tue 24 Nov 2015 10:24

McNash wrote:What about the Namer?

Unfortunately, the namer is not an amphibious vehicle. It would be nice if it could be made one though. I just don't feel that the devs will have the energy to put into implementing it. Gaming companies like on/off switches and changing values better when it comes to patching.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 24 Nov 2015 10:58

And Cartel needs a late game upgrade for Superhinds that lets them transport vehicles as well.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Tue 24 Nov 2015 12:11

torinus wrote:And Cartel needs a late game upgrade for Superhinds that lets them transport vehicles as well.

I know you didn't want to go off topic, but please keep it clean. The topic is about an early transporter unit for Chimera.

Return to “Act of Aggression”