[Suggestion] Implement desync detection.

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

[Suggestion] Implement desync detection.

Postby AceRevo » Sun 6 Dec 2015 21:22

Been desynced a few times now and I wont play anymore AoA til Eugen System creates some kind of desync detection ting that will detect a desync and bring all the players back to the same game. This has been mentioned before, and many other games got a feature like this so I dont see it beeing impossible.

Until then, this game is ''unplayable'' to me.

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Re: [Suggestion] Implement desync detection.

Postby deadnation » Mon 7 Dec 2015 09:16

Sad to say but that isn´t going to happen. All of their games on this game engine have had the desync problem. Four years ago wargame european escalation had desync problems time to time and they never fixed those. So its safe to say that desync detection or fix for desync isn´t going to happen with AoA either.

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Wed 9 Dec 2015 15:23

is there a single strategy game out there which doesn't desync in MP from time to time?
Game on!

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Wed 9 Dec 2015 22:45

tactic wrote:is there a single strategy game out there which doesn't desync in MP from time to time?

its not about desync, its the ability to detect and recover.

Eg. SupCom will detect a desync, pause the game, and transmit the state of the match to sync everyone up again.

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby AceRevo » Thu 10 Dec 2015 02:00

admiralzeech wrote:
tactic wrote:is there a single strategy game out there which doesn't desync in MP from time to time?

Eg. SupCom will detect a desync, pause the game, and transmit the state of the match to sync everyone up again.

And this is what we need :/ Btw devs Im still playing but every game I have to cross my fingers and just pray that no ones desyncs. If I get a desync Im usually done for the day..

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Thu 17 Dec 2015 06:45

AceRevo wrote:
admiralzeech wrote:

And this is what we need :/ Btw devs Im still playing but every game I have to cross my fingers and just pray that no ones desyncs. If I get a desync Im usually done for the day..

Hah, mind you, I have to cross my finger when I play against the AI, because there are times it will manage to corral itself so their construction units can't go to their deployment objectives, that's a bit sad.

Return to “Act of Aggression”