Do you even care about your community?

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Do you even care about your community?

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 13 Jan 2016 02:09

Hi, this is Predatorrrr, I stream on Twitch, I have most coverage about this game on YouTube. I am currently the guy who has most XP in Multiplayer. More than 20 full days of gameplay in multiplayer. I meet with a lot of players on Teamspeak from all over the world, almost every day.

And there is one question which is being raised over and over again. Sorry for my bold words: "Does Eugen System give a f*ck about the community at all?"

If you look at the forums, there are so many requests and oberservations about what needs to be fixed in this game. I will not repeat those, they are all covered here over and over again. I understand that Eugen Systems is a rather small company. Which pretty much contradicts why you do not communicate what you are working on right now. "Major changes. Whole new version" That is what I read all the time from Eugen Systems guys. It's been months since "major changes" were promised. Big issues are still not resolved.

But the worst thing about it all is your information policy. Yes, it sucks. It sucks big time. You promise "big changes". Nothing specific. Do not give any hints about schedules. While late game pretty much consists of plane spam right now. But this is covered in different topics. This topic is about Eugen and the information policy which we all want to be improved. But Eugen apparently does not want that. This pisses people off.

You got a small community. And especially if you got a small community you should care about every single one of us players who play your game on a regular basis. You know how a game gets new players if you do not invest into marketing? You get new players if you have a good game. You get people to stay and enjoy your game if you got a good game which gets fixed. You do not deliver on that. The small community you got here posts feature requests and bugs in their free time. And you still do not care about it. It pisses people off.

What are you doing over there in Paris? Please tell us! Otherwise even people like me will quit playing this game for good.

Razzmann
General

Re: Do you even care about your community?

Postby Razzmann » Wed 13 Jan 2016 12:59

Pretty sure they (more or less) work under the motto "underpromise and overdeliver" and try to not promise too much - at least when it comes to patches. Otherwise it may result in the exact opposite.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Wed 13 Jan 2016 13:53

You know I was about to open a similar thread and list some of the problems this game has. So, just to mention a couple:

Stability issues on Windows 10 and macro keys (as well as fast queueing on multiple buildings) cause crashes. Check out the Technical Issues section for more detail and the memory dumps.

Balance issues: These are issues that everyone is already familiar with:
Plane spam,
US Global Defense upgrade for MG nests, (if I may queote one of the reviewers I talked to about this game) "look at this piece of w*nk":
http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... &id=308896

and many others related to Cartel (convoluted and slow tech tree for the slow economy that they have) and Chimera (lack of early unarmed transporter).

UI and Controls:
Building hologram selection is still disabled. Please re-enable it otherwise buildings cannot be sold when the codiac/shreder/skycrane leave their HQs/Outpost/FOB/Vehicle Bay/etc.

It is almost already the middle of January and it is time to come clean on these issues and address them either by word or by a patch.
Thank you!
Last edited by Araton on Wed 13 Jan 2016 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Wed 13 Jan 2016 14:19

Dont't expect patch... Maybe more a full DLC or a new stand alone in six months :mrgreen:

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Wed 13 Jan 2016 15:08

The main problem is here. We can't expect anything because we know strictly nothing. For a game launched 4 months ago, that's simply weird.

We don't know what are the things going to change, we don't know if these changes will be applied as a patch, a DLC or a complete new version, and consequently we can't even guess the schedule. For example through pics, devblogs, WIP gameplay videos...or just some discussions with the devs.

For now, we just know that the game, in its current form, is abandoned. That's what we see. How could we interpret the things otherwise, given this communication blackout? No more patches/balance/improvements, the anounced maps or shortcuts are not mentioned anymore...

Eugen teams are well aware that we, as customers, or even as a community, have legitimate questions and expectations.

With all due respect for the teams and their work, some real answers should come our way. :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Wed 13 Jan 2016 17:03

I think they closed down their offices but forgot to tell us.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Wed 13 Jan 2016 19:37

Seems like the AoA forums are becoming a conglomerate of frustration induced threads.

Netput
First Sergeant

Postby Netput » Wed 13 Jan 2016 23:20

McNash wrote:Seems like the AoA forums are becoming a conglomerate of frustration induced threads.

With fair reason.

I think we can all understand that things are moving more slowly now we are a few months in. The total lack of communication is rather frustrating though. Just a few lines of text every week will do wonders. Just tell what is up and what we can expect. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Visit AoAReplays.com for your Strategies, Replays, Videos and more!

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Wed 13 Jan 2016 23:37

Netput wrote:
McNash wrote:Seems like the AoA forums are becoming a conglomerate of frustration induced threads.

With fair reason.

I think we can all understand that things are moving more slowly now we are a few months in. The total lack of communication is rather frustrating though. Just a few lines of text every week will do wonders. Just tell what is up and what we can expect. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, however a lot of people seem to forget last patch was released December 11, near holidays, I believe most of the team may have gone on vacations 2-4 weeks, add to that the Paris attacks which surely gave them some days off, I mean, sure we expect them to patch their games but they are not machines, considering the budget and size of the company they have done a very good job with their games, particularly if you compare it with other RTS developers such as EALA and Relic, I mean, we are still waiting for that Kane's Wrath patch 1.02 and an official DoW: Soulstorm hotfix.

And before you point out at Blizzard, remember they are still make e-sport money from SC 1, something virtually no other RTS franchise can brag about.

bananaman
Corporal

Postby bananaman » Thu 14 Jan 2016 19:30

hey its me VoTps from ingame, im truly accept with you, every word.

it looks like eugen closed their office and forgot to tell us. people no even posting on foroms. even the developers that were active on first days on forum are no longer seem to be here.

my theory is that this game is abondaned . and they are working on new wargame or something.

because its not possible that such situation could exict, the game lacks so many BASIC functions and bugs. not talking about the big ones

even godamn ingamer timer we didnt get. and its 10 lines script...
not a single sign of life from eugen about this game..

Return to “Act of Aggression”