What went wrong with this game?

Bosspower
Master Sergeant

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby Bosspower » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:16

OMG!

Just go back to CNC!

AOA and AOW will never be a CNC game.
If u like CNC u are wrong.

AOW and AOA is 1000 % better than CNC.
Dont talk anything about...." closer to CNC zero hour".

OMG i get angry, if i must read such sh**.

You know nothing about the important roll of Pow´s.

Buy Act of War for 10€ and play it vs AI. Than u can talk about AOA.

kev87
Private

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby kev87 » Fri 25 Mar 2016 21:53

@ Bosspower

torinus and silsifi are right. This game is never near of what AoW is.

Its sad enough we all have to discuss how this game should be.

I mean....many years ago i payed a full-price for a full content game with high quality.

It had:

- A brilliant singleplayer campaign you really wanted to complete with a good story and real actors in the cutscenes between the missions.

- A game that mostly was perfect from the beginning, apart from a "few" patches that had to fix the game

- Good animations, sounds and features

- Factions and units that felt very unique on the battlefiel.

- An installation-Dvd....with even a booklet inside describing all game units and buildings.

What do we get today for a full-priced game? A Dvd where you have to download the rest of the game online.

Further apart from that:

A cheap SinglePlayer without a good story or good actors.

A game without any big difference to its previous beta.

A game unbalanced and full of bugs for a "release-version"

A game with cheap features, animations and sounds.

In all.....a beta that feels like its a low-budget game. A long time ago...developers tested the games before sale. These days...games are released where the community has to test em on release.

And the best thing ever: there were a few months when the developer didnt communicate to its community at all. Just silence. Even top Player Predatorrrr opened up a thread leting people know why they shouldnt give this game a try.

AoA is already dead. Look at the reviews....look at the online player-numbers.....

Learn from the past and make a big change for the future!

Invest enough time and money into a game. And you will create a good game that will bring you much back!

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Re: Honest opinion, reboot will not be a success.

Postby Salsifi » Mon 28 Mar 2016 11:30

Example I play as Cartell vs Chimera and a group sniper does attack my Bank from distance ,
it's not my job to find out what to do, the game must explain what I have to do.

:lol:

I'm totally agree with your whole post but this sentence... How to say that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 28 Mar 2016 12:49

I don't agree with lots of points. For one it being slower isn't exactly true having one resource means you can be more diverse without running short on something. Once the resource is split even, your income will be pretty fixed. With the Exception of PoW and Income buildings.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Mon 28 Mar 2016 14:27

StarSauorn wrote:
Salsifi wrote:
Example I play as Cartell vs Chimera and a group sniper does attack my Bank from distance ,
it's not my job to find out what to do, the game must explain what I have to do.

:lol:

I'm totally agree with your whole post but this sentence... How to say that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes its easy to counter if you do use for example Jackal.
http://actofaggression.wikia.com/wiki/Jackal

I mean without a great fan base,free2play and explaining what to do, Starcraft 2 would actually have a great image problem.
Its not like you knew everything and are able to find all out and have time for this.

I would like to have something like this for the game. Example Starcraft 2 Mutalisk Unit Counter
Mutalisk are for example pretty fast and nasty units. And a lot of people would not be able to kill them off, without proper explaining.
http://www.osirissc2guide.com/mutalisk- ... unter.html

I did for example have a big problem vs Void Ray.
This guide did help me great out there. I wish something like that for the game too.
http://www.osirissc2guide.com/void-ray- ... unter.html

Unit counters info in Sc2 mean shit. You learn how to play Sc2 by watching 100 different player streams, 10 000 different youtube vidoes and such. Unlike sc2, AoA does not have that.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Mon 28 Mar 2016 19:14

torinus wrote:
StarSauorn wrote:things

Unit counters info in Sc2 mean shit. You learn how to play Sc2 by watching 100 different player streams, 10 000 different youtube vidoes and such. Unlike sc2, AoA does not have that.

Exactly, plus that unit counter system doesn't exist, starcraft 2 has a ton of abilities and micro that juts ignores that counter system entirely.

Also i would like to know how on earth is early game spamming 1 unit??? please be more concrete, all these points are strange, generic and weird to understand properly.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 28 Mar 2016 20:08

I disagree in nearly every point the OP made. Only the point with the slow start and no clear counter tool tipps is something I could agree on but first of all the slow early game got addressed and is fine now and adding tooltipps to help new players is nothing special.

Also adding a tutorial would help...well it is kinda needed.

Infantry spam might be even too powerful I have no idea why people are still complaining about Jets and Tanks. Tanks get rofl stomped by NLOS and Loah-Hi. Jets are now an ability and a costly commitment. Only Valkyries are something I would nerf a bit since their damage and surviveability because of their speed is insane but that is another story.

Also early game rush not avoidable? Just build a single turret at your reffinery and his aggression was a waste of money....
Last edited by ZxGanon on Mon 28 Mar 2016 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 28 Mar 2016 20:38

StarSauorn wrote:
The enemy doesn't even have time to finish his defence tower, builder and workers have really low hit points.
I mean you can from start on build this stuff. And as each faction.
And well most people try to take the first expansion and my puma is already there.

That stuff with finishing the tower is not true.

Rushing is a tactic since it is a way to harrass people. I wouldn´t even consider it calling rushing since those shinenigans you are talking about are allins since you heavy commit on a costly Tank that when he dies you pretty much are so far behind that you can leave the game.

That "rush problem" exists only because there is the lack of scouting in the game. If there would be a scoutunit avaible from the start that stuff would be no issue since you could react to a rush in time.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Mon 28 Mar 2016 20:54

StarSauorn wrote:I did mention Starcraft 2 just as an example how a good game is done.

Starcarft 2 did for example get rid of iconic Zerg Rush.
Did really boost the economy from 6 to 12 workers and did a lot of logic updates, at least declared them logic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epeG4zrcBjY

Chimera 2500 for vehicle bay + 1100 for puma and you go on.
Still, enough money to build up own economy and you can pretty easy take down enemy builder and workers.
I did beat up this way pretty easy 3 times today other players.

OK people just be realistic. In 3 weeks or something they are going to release this "reboot" and in my opinion here are just too many possibilities to rush instead of tactics.

ZxGanon wrote:Also early game rush not avoidable? Just build a single turret at your reffinery and his aggression was a waste of money....

The enemy doesn't even have time to finish his defence tower, builder and workers have really low hit points.
I mean you can from start on build this stuff. And as each faction.
And well most people try to take the first expansion and my puma is already there.

You mention starcraft 2 constantly, why dont you consider a early puma/humvee/scorpio as a reaper opener, or a couple zerglings moving towards your base in the early game?

Also they did boost the economy in the reboot edition to the point you can have action early on with a couple units, your complaining about the lack of eco, and complaining about rushing at the same time. :|

For soo loong people have complained that this game was all about refinery spam, now that they finaly fixed that and you have to protect your builder and carefully expand. People complain the game is all about rushing.

As chimera i open pumas to control the banks and have felins moving towards it, i never rush a 2nd refinery, that isn't viable anymore, and that is a good thing.

If you focus on going for the banks with infantry rather then spamming refs, your more than safe versus any kind of humvee/scorpio/puma opener or even a rush in a 1vs1.

SentinelX
Corporal

Postby SentinelX » Mon 28 Mar 2016 21:30

StarSauorn wrote:
AndreB wrote:Exactly, plus that unit counter system doesn't exist, starcraft 2 has a ton of abilities and micro that juts ignores that counter system entirely.

I did mention Starcraft 2 just as an example how a good game is done.

Starcarft 2 did for example get rid of iconic Zerg Rush.
Did really boost the economy from 6 to 12 workers and did a lot of logic updates, at least declared them logic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epeG4zrcBjY

Also i would like to know how on earth is early game spamming 1 unit??? please be more concrete, all these points are strange, generic and weird to understand properly.

StarSauorn
I don't know what version YOU play of SC2:LotV, but since the 12 workers got introduced the "iconic" zerg rush got buffed quite considerably, to the point that a 12 pool opening for zerg is 8/10 an instawin (even in Dia, highest i got to last season). The 12 workers enabled any race to rush whatever strategies without ANY economical drawback.

Terran: 3 rax reapers, hits your base with 4, then subsequently adds them till you're effectively dead, or till you just smash your keyboard on your desk cuz there's almost nothing that handles that many reapers effectively that early...

Zerg 6 pool has been replaced by the HotS version of the "economical 12pool rush", only now it start the second the game starts... Zerglings with speed are at your front as early as 1:45min, when he adds banelings after his next 50 gas, you can't do shit...

Protoss all-ins ALL got shortened by 4-5 minutes atleast, letting them hit harder and faster.

And the biggest nerf to all races with the 12 worker startup: you can't scout... the moment you hit his base with your scouting worker the rush is already happening...

Why the rant? Cuz in AoA i never feel rushed... I feel harrassed or pushed at, but never rushed... This game plays out so different then SC that there literally is no comparison... SC2 got screwed over with that 12 worker start...

Return to “Act of Aggression”