What went wrong with this game?

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Re: Honest opinion, reboot will not be a success.

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 28 Mar 2016 21:49

Boy you should really think before you start writing. Most off your sentences do not make sense or are contradictory.

That one is the perfect example:
I don't think a scout unit would fix anything. So puma would just kill him off on the way and so what ?

Sorry but I cannot take you seriously.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Mon 28 Mar 2016 23:48

StarSauorn wrote:
ZxGanon wrote:Boy you should really think before you start writing. Most off your sentences do not make sense or are contradictory.

That one is the perfect example:
I don't think a scout unit would fix anything. So puma would just kill him off on the way and so what ?

Sorry but I cannot take you seriously.

Didn't I like several times explain this issue ?

You start with 7000 credits.
Chimera needs for 2500 for vehicle bay + 1100 for puma.
You have still 3400 for the economy left, enough to take bank and for 1 refinery.
So you did by start of the game buy vehicle bay and purchased 1 puma.

So how should a scout prevent this ,or what should he do ?

So you send him like to enemy base and he got killed or let him watch out the reffinery place and puma kills him.#
This Unit would be just pointless for that situation.

The point is if you have a starting unarmed scout you can react differently.

If you spot a puma rush or a humvee rush:
1- As US proceed to get 1 or javelins in place to defend harvestor line.
1.1- Or get a mgnest in place, which is cheap in comparison to a puma or 1/2 humvees.

2- As Chimera proceed to get the spear vehicle bay for pumas or a turret for defense.

The whole point of having a starting unarmed recon vehicle is to decrease the power of allins, and to punish people that open 3 ref, if you spot someone opening 3 ref you just rush a vehicle bay and punish him. Rushes are fine in general, and opening humvees or a puma first to control a bank or punish 3 refs is also fine.

In general i really don't see this game having a rush problem, if anything i just think adding a recon vehicle would help people reduce their frustrations when dealing with these 1 or 2 unit openers.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Tue 29 Mar 2016 03:12

StarSauorn wrote:
You start with 7000 credits.
Chimera needs for 2500 for vehicle bay + 1100 for puma.

It takes time to build things. Especially with the dozer mechanics, and especially in AoA, which has a really long early game build up.

If I take my scout on a thunder run through the enemy's base right off the bat then I bet you they won't even have their spear bay up, much less a Puma out.

It's no more than two minutes of travel time. Most players don't have troops out until 4-5 minutes.

And if they do? Then I know a puma rush is coming. Success!

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 29 Mar 2016 09:27

Ok, I usually try to ignore these kinds of threads but you have really managed to baffle me, I haven't seen this kind of behaviour since the days of C&C, the other day I saw you got an account at BFG Armada forums where you were complaining about that game too, why is that you keep buying Focus Home Interactive games while continuously posting threads like this one about how their games are awfully balanced, totally unsuccessful and never seem to live up to your standards?

Do you really think you are doing anything better than seeding defamation?

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Tue 29 Mar 2016 10:00

The reboot is a lot better than the "old" AoA. Action right from the start. If it is too much action: Play SimCity.
If you do not get action within 15 minutes, you do something terribly wrong.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 29 Mar 2016 10:21

StarSauorn wrote:Well I did read on steam a review and he totally nailed it.

YaZon DinAlt wrote:I know why online is so unpopular.
Game is extremely slow first 15 mins. Not everyone wants to play SimCity first 15 mins with very slow resources collection, slow builders, low responsive and slow units. Overall average match continues 50 mins, but bad units responsivity, bad path-finding and slow gameplay spoils everything. MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO TIME to watch first 15-20 how slow tanks with extremely slow infantry are moving across huge map meanwhile slow harvesters collecting slow collectible resources

http://steamcommunity.com/app/318020/di ... 947028493/
This does really good describe the problems of both games, original and the reboot.
He did write a lot , but this part is in my opinion the most important one.

I saw that "review" . You forgot to mention that was complaining about vanilla AoA. You only pasted what you wanted and didn't paste where the guy talks about multiple resources and storage.

You obviously have ill intent towards AoA and you don't have problems trolling or lying directly. I don't know why mods allow this.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 29 Mar 2016 10:51

So you only quote what fits your narrative. Sorry but that is still lying.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 29 Mar 2016 12:35

Both threads from the same author merged.

Spector
First Sergeant

Re: What did went wrong by this game ?

Postby Spector » Thu 31 Mar 2016 09:28

The balance of the game, including units, cost, upgrades and factions is something that has been left wanting since the patches for the original version. I can only guess that the devs are more focused on the mechanics of the game at the moment trying to get the "right feel'' of the rebooted game. And once that is achieved I would expect them to dig into the whole balancing act. If not, the game won't keep the players interested.
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: What did went wrong by this game ? And will that be fixed ? Act of Aggression does cost my Loyalty to this developer

Postby torinus » Thu 31 Mar 2016 10:00

StarSauorn wrote:Well lets have a look at recent feedback about the game on steam, like the Air Units, especially bombers.
Actually the same as ever, people seem to have problem with the Air fight mechanics here.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/318020/di ... 718235430/
Garfield wrote:Not playable against USA
Hi

This game is totally imbalanced. You just can't win against the air support from the US. 1 Stealt Bomber destroys your whole army! You can just surrend if a Stealth Bomber hits your army! The NLOS-C is the same on the ground, 1-2 hits and your whole army is gone.

Garfield wrote:The AI can handle dozens of stuff simultaneously, so the bombers appear suddenly and you have no time to react. And then you loose the whole army against one bomber. I uninstalled the game, just too boring. Planetary Annihilation is much better.

Jmac wrote:yeah, haven't played this game since i first tried it with friends. friend spammed stealth bombers and even though i had anti air, they just wreck. makes it boring.

i like base building and army battles, not countering the op ♥♥♥♥... havent played it since...

Hover wrote:The point of this thread is that once you are attacked by b2 bomber, most your buildings are almost dead and you hardly stop it if you could not be faster enough to build up your anti air units or system. It is usually because you was rushed at the beginning or either your opposite player was faster than you or you was too slow about building up your army or the way your manage your resources.

Garfield wrote:I tried to counter them with Jets etc. but you literaly have to be every where to spot them. This game is about spamming Air.

Planetary Annihilation is about spamming everything. No micro someone said? Watch some of the high ranked matches... You can micro everything if you like.

I'm playing RTS since about 15 years, and this one is imho just unbalanced like hell.

Haha, they're now switching to single ressources, all said with that....

zweitakt wrote:in reboot Cartel is a complete joke

The whole base can be destroyed when you shoot down a drone and it happens to land on your HQ

Glad I wont be playing the reboot again anyway,complete waste of time

I have a simple explanation for this.
Any other game Anti air units, is Anti Air , so he can shoot down any Air unit.
In C&C the first Anti Air trooper can shoot down any Air unit. And the first Anti Air vehicle is especially effective vs Air.

Here it AoA its different.
Well most units are not effective vs bombers ,even if they are "Anti Air".
A lot of units are effective in large groups vs Choppers even if they are not for that.
OK you will than simply just not use Choppers , but Bombers well..... Its a large issue.
Because a cheap move just wipes you base.

If people read anti Air they trust on it, if it not works they just try different ones and in bigger groups,
if that still doesn't work, there is only one conclusion left.

Antey-2500 is the only working Anti Air unit here, vs Bombers,the other just can't even in large groups stop them. Antey-2500 is too efficient vs Air units, so in late game you can't use them.
Maybe reboot should give up this mechanic ?

Why can't normal Anti Air vehicles just be effective vs Bombers ?
Why can't for example a group of 4-5 Pantsir or Otomatic just shoot down a bomber ?

Enough is enough. Someone ban this fool for constantly lying! This topic from Steam is about old AoA!
Garfield has Act of Aggression 28 Feb @ 7:34pm
Not playable against USA
Hi

This game is totally imbalanced. You just can't win against the air support from the US. 1 Stealt Bomber destroys your whole army! You can just surrend if a Stealth Bomber hits your army! The NLOS-C is the same on the ground, 1-2 hits and your whole army is gone.

Return to “Act of Aggression”