Reboot Edition: Questions about this major update

SpeisCheese
Captain

Reboot Edition: Questions about this major update

Postby SpeisCheese » Sat 12 Mar 2016 15:49

So many of us heard about some news about AoA. This message is from Facebook and I quote:
Thanks to today’s ease of delivering patches and content to keep games alive, we had the opportunity to take Act of Aggression back to the drawing board. And that’s exactly what we have been doing. We’ve been busy identifying the reasons behind the less positive reviews: what we did wrong, what we failed to deliver, and what was expected from us. And, more importantly, what could be done about it.
So here we are, (almost) ready to deliver this massive overhaul. However, we won’t release this Reboot Edition as a regular patch, as it may change AoA too much for those happy with its current iteration. Instead, it will be made available (for free) to every owner of Act of Aggression, to switch between as they see fit.
There are too many changes coming to list here in their entirety. Instead, we’ve summed up just a few of the major ones here, which we will detail in a devblog soon:
- Single-resource economy.
- Improved unit reactivity.
- Unit facelifts.
- Up-front payments for construction.
- and many more ...
We believe all the effort we’ve put into Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition will address most, if not all, the complaints made about the game at release. Before releasing this edition officially, it will be made available on a Steam test branch for anyone willing to try it and give us feedback!

Four points have already been announced. And I got some questions about it. Naturally, I suppose that Eugen won't answer anything, since it is a fragile subject.
-As the name says, will the single-resource economy replace all three resources?
-What does unit facelifting mean(question that concerns only my bad vocabulary)?
-Will unit formations also be improved?
-Will some units be added/reworked(like a Chimera AT Soldier)?
-Will the zoom level be increased/radar view removed?
-Since the update is free, do you hope that the Reboot Edition will also increase its sales(with good advertisement naturally)?

More questions could follow. I know that some questions don't need to be written down(like release date). But I hope that the majority of these questions will/can be answered. Also, I hope that this Reboot edition will bring back some fans...like me.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Reboot Edition: Questions about this major update

Postby Holy_crap » Sat 12 Mar 2016 16:24

I think MM hinted at the MGS being replaced by the M8 AGS
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 12 Mar 2016 16:56

-What does unit facelifting mean(question that concerns only my bad vocabulary)?

Model change for some very similar units : F-35B/F-22, Strykers, the Metal Stroms too I suppose...

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Sat 12 Mar 2016 17:33

D-M wrote:

Model change for some very similar units : F-35B/F-22, Strykers, the Metal Stroms too I suppose...

The tanks looked fine, great even.

For me infantry was more of the issue, they looked and moved strange compared to the awesome looking tanks.

I havent seen a game in recent years do realistic tanks as well as they did in this game.

If they change the tanks im gonna be sad :(, not that they cant change them, but i come from the perspective, why change something that looked great.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 12 Mar 2016 18:36

I doubt the tanks will changes, the M1, Termi and Spectre don't looks like anything else.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sat 12 Mar 2016 19:47

D-M wrote:

Oh well, thanks for this lesson. ;)

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Sat 12 Mar 2016 20:39

D-M wrote:I doubt the tanks will changes, the M1, Termi and Spectre don't looks like anything else.

The M1 Abrams could use kinda of an upgrade tho, it doesn't have all that misc. stuff just crammed on it. Would be nice to see some more bags and what not put on it.
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Sun 13 Mar 2016 14:13

D-M wrote:I doubt the tanks will changes, the M1, Termi and Spectre don't looks like anything else.

+1. Otherwise, I have no clue what they call "similar unit" :lol:

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Sun 13 Mar 2016 14:28

So, we can expect new skins but the weapons, variables and research, will be the same. Right ?

Return to “Act of Aggression”