[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.282

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.282

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 25 Mar 2016 04:31

The patch made some good improvements. The pace with Chimera is currently good IMO. You have plenty of possibilites and since you can quickly make it to your second ref, the previous void gap is removed.

ZxGanon wrote:And do not forget to add more Oil Spots on the maps it is still way to few. Just cut those 12000 credits of the remaining Spots in halve and those to 3 new Spots.

Yes please. That would help accelerate the game after early game (if everyone isn't dead yet).

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Fri 25 Mar 2016 13:57

Mistake those Oil Spots got 60000 $ and not 12000 like I told before. So just create 6 Spots with 30000 $ each.

If that happens Deep Mining from US becomes important again.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:03

ZxGanon wrote:Mistake those Oil Spots got 60000 $ and not 12000 like I told before. So just create 6 Spots with 30000 $ each.

If that happens Deep Mining from US becomes important again.

Yep, same thing that I was suggesting. You get 120 000 oil in one spot if you use one of the modifiers before the match starts.

Bosspower
Master Sergeant

Postby Bosspower » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:21

Ganon be quiet!

Nobody wants 6 oilspots with 30.000!!!!!
We dont want a mega OIlfield game with 1000 raffineries and 1000 tankers and 1000 spots.

GO back to Vanilla and play this gameplay if you want it!

I really think you never played Act of War and if u played it you were not a Pro Gamer.

I hope the Eugen System Admins will never listen to your shit.

GOGO VANILLA GOGOO VANILLA

In the Vannilla it was not important if u lost 1 of the 10000 oilfields!

Here u have to fight for every oilfield!
You are all just too nooby to play the new gameplay!

All good spamers of AOA vanilla sucks hard now in the new gameplay, cause nobody knows how to play it.

Its a Beta and it only needs some patches to get brilliant. But not such shit comments about the OIl-Spots and so on.

Shame on you guys!

DrunkenCyclop
First Sergeant

Postby DrunkenCyclop » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:33

Please keep it cool, every comment is valuable, except the ones that trash-talk others players. :)

This is the first patch but this is not the last, and we're still working to improve the economy.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:40

Bosspower wrote:Ganon be quiet!

Nobody wants 6 oilspots with 30.000!!!!!
We dont want a mega OIlfield game with 1000 raffineries and 1000 tankers and 1000 spots.
GO back to Vanilla and play this gameplay if you want it!

I really think you never played Act of War and if u played it you were not a Pro Gamer.
I hope the Eugen System Admins will never listen to your shit.

I played Act Of War, and was good at it, and Ganon is just right. I think you missed something. If you liked AoW so much, go back to this game, and let us Ganon. AoA IS NOT AoW, and even if I really loved AoW and consider it the best RTS I've ever played behind Supreme Commander, I don't want this game to be a copy/pasta from AoW. AoA introduced a very good way to handle ressources with multiple refineries and deposits and this is a way to explore. Now with the reboot we lost that, and this is a shame.

Bosspower wrote:Nobody wants 6 oilspots with 30.000!!!!!

If by nobody you are calling yourself, then ok. I Do want multiple wells per players. Were you there at the very early stage of this game ? The lead from Eugen wanted this game to be ressources + macro based. For the sake of saving this game, it turned into a micro based game, but they can still make it ressource based, and I very want it to happen. No more Alu, no more Rare, No more """"difficult refinery placement"""", but at least 5/6 of them, spread around the player, to recover now unused corners of the maps, and allow players to fast attack or expend, adding a layer of strategy and some twists in the game.
Last edited by Gnougnou on Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:44

Bosspower has been banned for a week after ignoring warnings about language and behaviour. Continue without him.
Viker for ingen!

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Fri 25 Mar 2016 14:53

Gnougnou wrote:
If by nobody you are calling yourself, then ok. I Do want multiple wells per players. Were you there at the very early stage of this game ? The lead from Eugen wanted this game to be ressources + macro based. For the sake of saving this game, it turned into a micro based game, but they can still make it ressource based, and I very want it to happen. No more Alu, no more Rare, No more """"difficult refinery placement"""", but at least 5/6 of them, spread around the player, to recover now unused corners of the maps, and allow players to fast attack or expend, adding a layer of strategy and some twists in the game.

I agree about the placement of resources, in order to spread a bit more the combat all over the map. and maybe also about the prices of oil wells (could be higher), this, or any kind of tweak in order to obtain more progressive builds, and a real gameplay phase with each tier thanks to some price tweaks and unit availabilities tweaks.

But imo the micro approach with the reboot edition is REALLY LEEEAAAAGUES above the boring spamming fest we had in the first AoA edition.

That's why, from my humble point of view, the game has to keep a contained amount of resources on the map and quite high price curves all game long.

Can only advantage the depth of combat, don't you think? :)
Last edited by Megiddo on Sat 26 Mar 2016 03:24, edited 2 times in total.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 25 Mar 2016 15:04

Megiddo wrote:Things

Yes. I totally agree with you. This is why I was talking about expansion vs fast attack. With a wisely chosen refinery price, you could allow players to either turtle but being very vulnerable on early game, or fast attack (as it is right now) and let his well empty, but being vulnerable on mid game if the attack fails.

You are not forced to take the wells in any way, and it might even become a trap, but if you resisted early attack and went eco, you can crush your opponent.

I'm not proning turtling, but right now I feel that attacking faster than light is the only viable tactic. For instance, yesterday, I made like 10 games with 2 friends (3vs3), and we won every single one of them by just rushing. We never built a single Abram, nor Spectre. only a few termies came out often too late in the game to be even useful. The only plane I've ever seen in those games is a Berkut I've built to counter some Guardians... If I want those things to happen 90% of the times, better play StarCraft. There should allow eco to be a viable tactic again, but here again, with some wise pricing, so it's not the "spamming fest" again, or at least not before +45mn in the game !

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 25 Mar 2016 15:10

Gnougnou wrote:
Megiddo wrote:Things

Yes. I totally agree with you. This is why I was talking about expansion vs fast attack. With a wisely chosen refinery price, you could allow players to either turtle but being very vulnerable on early game, or fast attack (as it is right now) and let his well empty, but being vulnerable on mid game if the attack fails.

You are not forced to take the wells in any way, and it might even become a trap, but if you resisted early attack and went eco, you can crush your opponent.

I'm not proning turtling, but right now I feel that attacking faster than light is the only viable tactic. For instance, yesterday, I made like 10 games with 2 friends (3vs3), and we won every single one of them by just rushing. We never built a single Abram, nor Spectre. only a few termies came out often too late in the game to be even useful. The only plane I've ever seen in those games is a Berkut I've built to counter some Guardians... If I want those things to happen 90% of the times, better play StarCraft. There should allow eco to be a viable tactic again, but here again, with some wise pricing, so it's not the "spamming fest" again, or at least not before +30mn in the game !

#1 You might have played vs worse players
#2 You were an organized team playing vs random team

Both have huge effect on how games go.

Return to “Act of Aggression”