[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

Postby AndreB » Tue 29 Mar 2016 18:36

Yeah with this building hp nerf, losats gonna wreck entire bases, it will be interesting to see which units are gonna be used now.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 29 Mar 2016 18:37

AndreB wrote:Yeah with this building hp nerf, losats gonna wreck entire bases, it will be interesting to see which units are gonna be used now.

So will Metal Storms.

szalami1
Sergeant

Postby szalami1 » Tue 29 Mar 2016 18:44

nice patch! :D :D

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Tue 29 Mar 2016 19:16

Really glad to see the speed of patching has increased 10fold and you are listening much more keenly to our input. Keep it up!
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

Selkares
Brigadier

Postby Selkares » Tue 29 Mar 2016 21:10

[EUG]MadMat wrote:GENERIC :
 - All units (but builders)’ road speed increased by 25%.

Infantry not taking roads, does that mean their speed hasn't changed?

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Tue 29 Mar 2016 21:49

Wow, you actually responded to my request to lower the HP on builings. Nice one! (Except for decreasing the prices a little, but the bump to the economy should do it.)

StarSauorn wrote:So who and how did they come up with the idea to weak up the buildings ? I did see nobody suggesting this.

I opened a thread about it a while ago. I agree on the problem with the bombers though...but only for the cartel ones.

Opticalx
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Opticalx » Tue 29 Mar 2016 22:07

Really impressed with these changes going forward. The games pace is really feeling good now.
With out stating the obvious few things need some attention still. But I can honestly say its starting to become a great game.
Really good work devs! Cannot thank you enough for your time and persistence on making good changes :)
Youtube - Opticalx

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Tue 29 Mar 2016 22:38

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Cruelty wrote:But eeehm LOSATS? XD XD XD one shot, one kill!

I think I've heard that the LOSAT nerf missed this patch by an inch.
But it will come ... ;)

Nice patch and well done! You actually listened to my request increasing resource transporter capacity. Well done!

What about doubling and spreading out oil fields and making their capacity half of what it is right now?

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Tue 29 Mar 2016 23:00

[EUG]MadMat wrote:

GENERIC :
- Infrastructures’ building speed increased by 25%.
- All units (but builders)’ road speed increased by 25%.
US :
- Refinery is no longer required to build a Power Plant.

Really like those changes in particular and more generally the economic game course improvements with the patch.

Made some games and i have to say that this feels like another step in the good direction.

Guys will tell as the tests will go on, but it seems like more early build choices and combinations are viable, tried some 1 constructor openings vs 2 constructors for a fast expand (build barracks in base, fill bank, maybe one or two more soldiers, sell barracks, build a turret in base, then expand as your 2nd builder is already arrived)...have plenty of tests to do, but this is already very interesting to dig.

Distances and timings are cut at early game with the speed bonus. have to test a bit more early attack vs defense, but it seems quite good.

As said some units are becoming brutal base erasers. You already took that in account, nice.

Really like as well this first wave of upwards price reevaluations. More to come i hope, imo the tactics could really benefit from a lesser number of units on the field. And a bit less spams. Specially as the buildings are weaker now.

Good job. Keep up the great work guys :D
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Tue 29 Mar 2016 23:18

Not sure I can get behind the building HP nerfs. considering some of the far more pressing matters (pacing, economy, losats, etc) I feel time would have been better spent fixing other things, furthermore I'm already foreseeing critical issues with units like the Valkyrie, heavy artillery, metal storms, terminators, and losats shredding bases to easily. The buildings that actually mattered (air towers, income buildings, power plants) already had low enough hp to be reasonably vulnerable, no reason all the other structures had to come down too.

Return to “Act of Aggression”