[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

pathatas85
Sergeant

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

Postby pathatas85 » Wed 30 Mar 2016 11:23

I found something
Himars after upgrade ATACM will cause with one shot 40 hp damage to buildings.
2 himars, 80 hp dmg.
But 3 or 4 units will cause same 80hp dmg.
So one or 2 units are ineffective, or you must fire with 2 + 1 units but with few seconds delay or different target.
is it some bug or balance of long range artillery ?
maybe missiles will hit each other during impact :D

they are more vulnerable now with higher price, so better do the job quickly before they get destroyed

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Wed 30 Mar 2016 19:43

I'm really happy with the ref HP nerf, because they were tanky af and hard to harass properly.
Now I'm waiting for an infantry speed buff ! :D

Predatorrrr wrote: I agree on the problem with the bombers though...but only for the cartel ones.

Yeah Valkyries are going to rekt bases real hard :lol:

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Wed 30 Mar 2016 20:13

Gnougnou wrote:I'm really happy with the ref HP nerf, because they were tanky af and hard to harass properly.
Now I'm waiting for an infantry speed buff ! :D

Predatorrrr wrote: I agree on the problem with the bombers though...but only for the cartel ones.

Yeah Valkyries are going to rekt bases real hard :lol:

Problems is with all bombers. Average and newer players are going to get wrecked even more by B2 since they do more damage and on a larger area. Those players will not even notice B2 approaching and it will seem unfair when 1 B2 wrecks the whole base.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 30 Mar 2016 21:27

You know that B2 bombers got nerfed with the rebooted version and are now back to normal, dont you? You know that B2 are crazy expensive, dont you? You know that they are slow and die easily, dont you? You know that it is a huge risk to build them, dont you? Now you know. The Cartel bombers are another story though cuz of their speed.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Wed 30 Mar 2016 21:50

Predatorrrr wrote:You know that B2 bombers got nerfed with the rebooted version and are now back to normal, dont you? You know that B2 are crazy expensive, dont you? You know that they are slow and die easily, dont you? You know that it is a huge risk to build them, dont you? Now you know. The Cartel bombers are another story though cuz of their speed.

Cartel bomber is 5000... that is not cheap. It is faster but does less damage. It is harder to stop for better players, but most others will have same problems stoping them all due to not noticing them in time on the minimap. And one B2 will wreck more of their base than 1 Valkyrie.

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Wed 30 Mar 2016 23:07

Maybe the game should provide an audio warning as well as visual when you detect aircraft and super weapons.

It's a bit silly to favor one sense over the other, when the information is intentionally available. Especially after it repeats "stealth unit detected" for the hundredth time.

pathatas85
Sergeant

Postby pathatas85 » Thu 31 Mar 2016 10:04

torinus wrote:
Predatorrrr wrote:You know that B2 bombers got nerfed with the rebooted version and are now back to normal, dont you? You know that B2 are crazy expensive, dont you? You know that they are slow and die easily, dont you? You know that it is a huge risk to build them, dont you? Now you know. The Cartel bombers are another story though cuz of their speed.

Cartel bomber is 5000... that is not cheap. It is faster but does less damage. It is harder to stop for better players, but most others will have same problems stoping them all due to not noticing them in time on the minimap. And one B2 will wreck more of their base than 1 Valkyrie.

but I think, now if you don't need to scout for resources. You must scout his base and refineries, so have some basic idea what is your opponent building.
And bombers fly every time in the same direction. so you can place some stingers with little bird company in front of your base. They cant be controlled, so you know exactly direction their flight.

as you can see here.
standard base position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656426894
corner position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656429059
If you will build your buildings close to the edge of the map, he must fly over houses which can be occupied with infantry.
Each map is different of course.
Last edited by pathatas85 on Thu 31 Mar 2016 11:04, edited 4 times in total.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 31 Mar 2016 10:06

pathatas85 wrote:
torinus wrote:

but I think, now if you don't need to scout for resources. You must scout his base and refineries, so have some basic idea what is your opponent building.
And bombers fly every time in the same direction. so you can place some stingers with little bird company in front of your base

You can but once B2 has already bombed your base it is too late :D

pathatas85
Sergeant

Postby pathatas85 » Thu 31 Mar 2016 11:00

but B2 is not available in defcon 3 :D. you can build defense in advance

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 31 Mar 2016 12:06

pathatas85 wrote:

but B2 is not available in defcon 3 :D. you can build defense in advance

You don't know in advance which path they will take. Also you can send a drone in front to clear the way or time F22 so they fly a bit in front of B2 so they fire at enemy AA planes and take hits from them.

New way air works, you cannot target enemy air anymore with your air so if you will stop B2 or not is basically luck.

Anyways, same players that cannot handle sending AA in time to stop that B2 will not put AA on the way.

My point is that both B2 and Valkyrie damage needs to be nerfed. Both will ruin the day of most player in same way. If we want a big community, some gameplay design needs to be made for those people as well.

For same reason with new low HP buildings, ground based building destroying units like LOSAT and others need their damage nerfed.

Return to “Act of Aggression”