[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

pathatas85
Sergeant

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.296

Postby pathatas85 » Thu 31 Mar 2016 13:18

as I wrote before. As us army you can build your important buildings in different location. So bombers path will change, they will fly over houses, which can be occupied with aa infantry. You can think about it when you build your base, hq cant take with you like in cnc games :D
Of course it depends on map, or players. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3

standard base position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656426894
corner position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656429059

you know the path in advance very good, just line between you and your opponent. I didn't scout the map so you can see that line very nice on screenshot in the left corner. I don't think he would survive this flight over houses full of aa infantry. \

we can try in the game if you want, just build some basic base. I will try to protect this path with some soldiers, you will try to destroy me with bombers, cartel or us. normal game scenario, not 100000 soldiers waiting for you

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 31 Mar 2016 15:36

pathatas85 wrote:as I wrote before. As us army you can build your important buildings in different location. So bombers path will change, they will fly over houses, which can be occupied with aa infantry. You can think about it when you build your base, hq cant take with you like in cnc games :D
Of course it depends on map, or players. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3

standard base position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656426894
corner position http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656429059

you know the path in advance very good, just line between you and your opponent. I didn't scout the map so you can see that line very nice on screenshot in the left corner. I don't think he would survive this flight over houses full of aa infantry. \

we can try in the game if you want, just build some basic base. I will try to protect this path with some soldiers, you will try to destroy me with bombers, cartel or us. normal game scenario, not 100000 soldiers waiting for you

Actually line depends on position of enemy Air center.

pathatas85
Sergeant

Postby pathatas85 » Thu 31 Mar 2016 17:04

so, you have plenty of tools how to find it and draw the line :D

Bosspower
Master Sergeant

Postby Bosspower » Fri 1 Apr 2016 23:16

The Game balance is horrible.

Usa Infantry is very cheap and overpowered.
Puma tanks are too stupid to kill a jevelin or any other infantry.
Chimera got nothing for the lategame, only puma sniper and chopters.

Remove the mega range of the scorpio tank. Scorpio rush vs chimera or usa at the early game is OP!

SAS sniper got less range than a scorpio tank, pumas are too slow and got no range to kill a scorpio tank.
The only thing you can do with Chimera vs Scorpio rush.....is to build fast Tigre chopter, but its very expensive to get them fast and more than 1, untill the scorpio rush is incoming and tigres got no anti tank rockets at start.

Chimera turrets cant kill scorpio cause of the range of scorpios.
At least, the scorpio tank can kill a tanker with 1 shoot!

Nice balance.

Chimera really need a 2. unit like a buggy or something vs infantry at the early game.
Pumas sucks hard.

Jevelins cost only 200?! Please set them to 400 or 500, cause they are just too cheap.

Cartell infantry is cheap too and vipers vs puma are such overpowered.

We also need the stealth ability of CHimera flight drones back and the stealth ability of B2´s.

For this units we need an Air Radar upgrade back into the game for all 3 factions.
>>>>> look at the AOW gameplay....airmode.

Chimera got no useful airplane vs buildings. The Chimera bombers are just too harmless. They got no stealth mode anymore and no armor.

USA: B2 are good vs buildings, but ONLY the B2 from USA need the stealth mode back, than everybody needs radar upgrade vs B2.

Cartell: Valkyire bomber good vs buildings and very fast

Chimera: Neurons are just too slow, got no armor and are not very effectiv.
the air drone need the stealth mode back.

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Fri 1 Apr 2016 23:59

Bosspower wrote:The Game balance is horrible.

Agreed on everything else you wrote, was just too long to quote all.

Chimera is a joke of a faction. And since developers ignore bringing it on par with Cartel and US your best off just not playing with it. Took me quite a lot of time to realise that while I was thickheaded and kept trying.
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

Netput
First Sergeant

Postby Netput » Sat 2 Apr 2016 00:48

Chimera needs a rocket trooper. That would fix the early game.
Visit AoAReplays.com for your Strategies, Replays, Videos and more!

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Sat 2 Apr 2016 01:28

Netput wrote:Chimera needs a rocket trooper. That would fix the early game.

With Felins and SAS chimera has best bank play at tier 1. If they get a rocket trooper SAS needs to be moved somewhere else.

Bosspower
Master Sergeant

Postby Bosspower » Sat 2 Apr 2016 21:28

Chimera need no rocket trooper...the SAS needs a faster shoot and better reload time and ability to crouch on the ground an stealth during crouching LIKE IT WAS IN AOW.

Chimera neeeeeeeds a 2. Tank in the early game....like a buggy...which could easy kill enemy infantry and the buggy would be great with pumas.....like in Aow stryker and buggy.

In Aow TFT got a stryker with mg vs infantry and a buggy and the stryker upgrade for anti tank and mortar.

With chimera u can only bzild tigres with all upgrades or terminators.

But terminators sucks hard vs infantry spam.

Scorpios must be nerfed.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Sat 2 Apr 2016 22:05

Bosspower wrote:Chimera need no rocket trooper...the SAS needs a faster shoot and better reload time and ability to crouch on the ground an stealth during crouching LIKE IT WAS IN AOW.

Chimera neeeeeeeds a 2. Tank in the early game....like a buggy...which could easy kill enemy infantry and the buggy would be great with pumas.....like in Aow stryker and buggy.

In Aow TFT got a stryker with mg vs infantry and a buggy and the stryker upgrade for anti tank and mortar.

With chimera u can only bzild tigres with all upgrades or terminators.

But terminators sucks hard vs infantry spam.

Scorpios must be nerfed.

Felins kill enemy infantry.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Sat 2 Apr 2016 23:49

Netput wrote:Chimera needs a rocket trooper. That would fix the early game.

Not anymore. Chimera is strong in early game. They do not need that.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Return to “Act of Aggression”