[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.304

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.304

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 5 Apr 2016 10:07

GENERIC:
- Decreasing all planes' splash damage range when crashing by about 10%.
- Setting the price of all three HQs at 10.000$, as announced in the previous patch.

US:
- Thunderbolt's price decreased from 1.600 to 1.500$.
- Increasing the HE damages for all Abrams & Thunderbolts' TUSK variants.
- ATACMS missile no longer deal damages to other missiles, meaning the first one to strike won't destroy the second one. Therefore a salvo will deal normal damages.
- ATACMS missile's splash damage decreased.

CARTEL:
- LOSAT's price increased from 1.200 à 1.500$.
- LOSAT's HP decreased from 20 to 16.
- Valkyrie's crash damages decreased.
- Valkyrie & Scout CGS' flame damages decreased by 25%.
- Valkyrie's bomb blasts' damage decreased by 50%.
- Scout CGS' HP decreased from 8 to 6 (is now set inbetween the Jackal & Scorpio).
- Scout CGS' price increased from 1.000 to 1.200$.
- Scout CGS's flamethrower upgrade's price increased from 2.000 to 2.500$
- Scout CGS's flamethrower's number of shots per salvo decreased from 20 to 15 (stealth bonus remains active all along the first salvo).

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.304

Postby Gnougnou » Tue 5 Apr 2016 10:18

Good.

Poor Valkyries, tho :lol:

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:08

Gnougnou wrote:Good.

Poor ScoutCGS, from these patch notes it received a quadruple nerf (2 damage nerfs, price nerf and life nerf).

Was that really necessary? ScoutSGS is only reliable Cartel tool to dealing with mass infantry (before you have lots of Spectres and can get them close enough to use their machinegun)... I do understand they did too much damage to buildings after building HP nerf but what about vs infantry......

And Metal Storms still have same prices although both non oil units (in vanilla AoA) for Cartel got a price increase?!

Also LOSAT still same crazy unit vs buildings... LOSAT needed more nerfs, not ScoutCGS :(

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:21

torinus wrote:

Poor ScoutCGS, from these patch notes it received a quadruple nerf (2 damage nerfs, price nerf and life nerf).

Was that really necessary? ScoutSGS is only reliable Cartel tool to dealing with mass infantry (before you have lots of Spectres and can get them close enough to use their machinegun)... I do understand they did too much damage to buildings after building HP nerf but what about vs infantry......

And Metal Storms still have same prices although both non oil units (in vanilla AoA) for Cartel got a price increase?!

Also LOSAT still same crazy unit vs buildings... LOSAT needed more nerfs, not ScoutCGS :(

Just spam Vipers against infantry they shredd them because of their strong HE stats.

Well the Scout CGS and Valkyrie nerfs are super huge. But well I just feel sad for the Valkyrie only but I guess she will be still useful.
Now there is a reason to build the Cartel Superweapon again!

I have never used the Scout CGS so I just have to say that I dont care.

The LOSAT nerf is pretty underwhelming but we will see how this will turn out.

I like the buffs for US lets see if this does something. They were the worst faction in the old patch.

Overall the patch is a bit "puny" I was expecting a huge change and also implementing the unarmed scout team for the early game.
This game needs and early passive Scout to react to cheesy or allinisch builds since it is quite hard to react to those.
You have to use an aggressive opener yourself to not die to that kind of stuff and scout your opponent.
Last edited by ZxGanon on Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:30

ZxGanon wrote:
torinus wrote:

Just spam Vipers against infantry they shredd them because of their strong HE stats.

Infantry takes half damage from HE, that was added in that infantry patch few months back.
And the point is to leave ScoutCGS with a role. They did well vs infantry but with such damage nerfs they will no longer do well.
Last edited by torinus on Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:30

And here I was, just winning my last match with Valkyries!

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:32

torinus wrote:
ZxGanon wrote:Just spam Vipers against infantry they shredd them because of their strong HE stats.

Infantry takes half damage from HE, that was added in that infantry patch few months back.

That doesnt matter they destroy infantry nonetheless.
Last edited by ZxGanon on Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:32, edited 3 times in total.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:32

atdsutm wrote:And here I was, just winning my last match with Valkyries!

Valkyries are still going to be good, they were good vs buildings even before the building HP nerf. You just cannot kill one refinery with one Valkyrie now.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:33

ZxGanon wrote:

I doubt they kill Exosoldiers or lots of infantry. Also they cannot do anything vs infantry in buildings.

What kind of vs infantry battles did you have that only spamming vipers saved you?

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Tue 5 Apr 2016 11:36

torinus wrote:
ZxGanon wrote:

I doubt they kill Exosoldiers or lots of infantry. Also they cannot do anything vs infantry in buildings.

What kind of vs infantry battles did you have that only spamming vipers saved you?

You have no idea. You can basically win games with Vipers and Scorpios only and if you reach Jackal tech you are unstoppable.

Return to “Act of Aggression”