[Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri 21 Aug 2015 01:42
Contact:

[Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Predatorrrr » Tue 5 Apr 2016 19:45

Hi,
this is a list of suggestions I compiled since the start of the beta.


Some changes are interdependent or mutually exclusive.

Spread of AMOS is too wide vs buildings
AMOS damage is too low against buildings (8 of them cannot kill one refinery)

US Army: Make Defcon 2 available earlier; re-taking banks as US Army is a big mess right now! Especially against Chimera.
Defcon 2 is too expensive, make it 4,000. The upgrades are expensive enough anyway.
Consider a buff of mortars against mass infantry (splash damage / bigger radius)
Motrars should NOT be Defcon 2 as long as they are expensive enough; smoke may suppress infantry in buildings WHILE taking the building. This could defuse the issue with taking banks!
Logistical Center is too expensive.
Hercules are too expensive (corresponds to LogCenter being too expensive)
US Snipers may be available from the start (those are expensive enough) IF you do not introduce the Smoke suppress for the bank situation. Make US Sniper Stealth an upgrade at Defcon 2. Increase Range of Snipers a bit or give them the upgrade back (Def 2). Combine stealth and range upgrade and make it Defcon 2.

Viewing distance of Blazers is too small. Especially since there are no proper scouting units on the ground.

Dont reveal everything when the HQ is destroyed! It sucks big time if you play a 1v1 and have a secret remote base!

NLOS Javelins are broken and too strong: They ignore being smoked and are way too cheap for their effectiveness with the NLOS upgrade
Remove NLOS for Javelins altogether and make NLOS only available for ATGMs?
NLOS should not be able to track infantry: Shoot last known position
It should be considered to nerf rocket infantry against normal infantry altogether, hard counter! This should defuse the infantry spam.

Superhinds are too expensive.

Construction units should be able to repair buildings; slowly, but they should. Since buildings are more spread out right now.

Reintroduce the scouting unit at low cost for Chimera and US army. (Cartel can build one additional k-max easily)

Helipads should be less epensive - at least for US army.

Anti Air Aircraft is too fast, they shoot down one chopper and just disappear. Almost no chance to shoot them down with ground-to-air units when they dont stand directly in the flight path.

Otomatics should be a little less expensive.

If a Dustoff gets shot down in flight (before unloading the infatry!) the infantry drops with FULL health after the Dustoff died. That is silly.

Give us more maps, finally?
Last edited by Predatorrrr on Wed 6 Apr 2016 00:18, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar
Araton
Warrant Officer
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu 9 Jul 2015 16:48
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Araton » Tue 5 Apr 2016 19:53

+1

User avatar
ZxGanon
Sergeant Major
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun 17 May 2015 01:44
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby ZxGanon » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:07

Spectre Tanks also cost too much for what they just do. 2 Scorpios do the job way better than one Spectre.

The current problem of this tank is that he gets better when massed while Scorpio gets way worse but at the current cost there is no need for a Spectre Tank sadly.

If you are able to reach a Spectre Ball of 7+ they get good but 2-4 of them just don´t do it.

In the old version the Spectre Tank was the way to go and easily to produce accross the board but with 2500 $ it is way too much.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

torinus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri 15 May 2015 22:39
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:09

I can agree with most of that except not revealing buildings when HQ is down. That is here so games don't last forever with players hiding buildings all over the map. At best they should not reveal buildings instantly but give players 30 seconds to make another HQ.

Also all 3 factions need a unarmed cheap scouting unit that has good vision and can see invisible. K-max is not that and giving all k-max that is also not a good idea.

Opticalx
Sergeant Major
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu 7 May 2015 01:41
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Opticalx » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:14

+1 honestly... I brought up some of these points already in the patch notes section. NLOS javs are insane when spammed. 200 for a unit that can 2-4 shot most tanks from miles away and with a longer range than a SNIPER and with micro could probably kite a sas to death. Jackles needs a lil nerf of some type, vipers again same problem with javlins very spammy and not enough hard counters that are accessible early on.
Youtube - Opticalx

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri 21 Aug 2015 01:42
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Predatorrrr » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:16

Cartel got a very good and cheap stealth detection unit -> Jackal.

If you got a base somewhere on the map (helipad, vehicle bay, coupe of refineries) and your HQ gets taken down or captured, the enemy should not be able to see all of your stuff! And making it delayed is also a bummer because a US player does not have 10,000$ laying around for a new HQ. The reveal should be AT LEAST coupled with more parameters: "Are there any big production buildings left (Vehicle Bays or Helipads)" as an example.

I think the reveal mechanic has to be removed! I turned some games around with only a few infantry guys and capturing the enemy base as an example.
Last edited by Predatorrrr on Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:21, edited 6 times in total.

Opticalx
Sergeant Major
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu 7 May 2015 01:41
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Opticalx » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:17

torinus wrote:I can agree with most of that except not revealing buildings when HQ is down. That is here so games don't last forever with players hiding buildings all over the map. At best they should not reveal buildings instantly but give players 30 seconds to make another HQ.

Also all 3 factions need a unarmed cheap scouting unit that has good vision and can see invisible. K-max is not that and giving all k-max that is also not a good idea.


There are plenty of ways to scout secret base's. Air craft being one of them with how quick they move. This reveal base's mechanic is not in any other RTS I can think of off the top of my head, It makes games boring if you can get a maphack after HQ is gone... No chance for come backs or anything which is an exciting thing to happen..
Youtube - Opticalx

torinus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri 15 May 2015 22:39
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:18

Opticalx wrote:
torinus wrote:I can agree with most of that except not revealing buildings when HQ is down. That is here so games don't last forever with players hiding buildings all over the map. At best they should not reveal buildings instantly but give players 30 seconds to make another HQ.

Also all 3 factions need a unarmed cheap scouting unit that has good vision and can see invisible. K-max is not that and giving all k-max that is also not a good idea.


There are plenty of ways to scout secret base's. Air craft being one of them with how quick they move. This reveal base's mechanic is not in any other RTS I can think of off the top of my head, It makes games boring if you can get a maphack after HQ is gone... No chance for come backs or anything which is an exciting thing to happen..

It is in most important one = Sc2.

torinus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri 15 May 2015 22:39
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby torinus » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:21

Predatorrrr wrote:Cartel got a very good and cheap stealth detection unit -> Jackal.

If you got a base somewhere on the map (helipad, vehicle bay, coupe of refineries) and your HQ gets taken down or captured, the enemy should not be able to see all of your stuff! And making it delayed is also a bummer because a US player does not have 10,000$ laying around for a new HQ. The reveal should be AT LEAST coupled with more parameters: "Are there any big production buildings left (Vehicle Bays or Helipads)" as an example.

I think the reveal mechanic has to be removed! I turned some games around with only a few infantry guys and capturing the enemy base as an example.

After seeing a game Szalami streamed on a 4 player map I cannot agree with you. This game would have lasted forever if kill HQ was not revealing stuff. His opponent used up all his energy just to build stuff all over the map in a game he lost long ago. In current version he needed to build HQs (13 000$) so that made it a bit easier for Szalami to finally finish it.

No, this feature should not be changed, only made a bit easier to keep hidden. Otherwise the game is going to turn into hide and seek all over the map way too often and big maps are going to become even more irritating to play.

EDIT: Also since Reboot HQ has become kind of useless to make more than one once you get the upgrades from there. Even builders can be made from other buildings. So this is one feature that makes HQs useful to make.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri 21 Aug 2015 01:42
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] Predatorrrrs list.

Postby Predatorrrr » Tue 5 Apr 2016 20:32

So you lose the HQ and are supposed to build a new one which takes about 2 minutes AFTER you got the money for it? Futhermore you dump a full 10,000$ instead of being able to rebuild? Within those two minutes all of your stuff and units will be revealed to the enemy and you are toast - after you spent the 10,000 at the latest....
Taking one game in which the enemy did not know when to surrender is not the best benchmark in my opinion, ESPECIALLY if you take the games into account in which this mechanic broke the game altogether.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests