[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

Postby torinus » Mon 11 Apr 2016 15:44

I would say best solution for Abrams is to remove basic Abrams altogether. Make it so you need Tusk 1 upgrade before you can build Abrams and all Abrams cost 1800+tusk 1 and come out as Tusk 1 Abrams. Improving base 1800 Abrams might also not be a good idea because it is cheaper than unupgraded Terminator and much cheaper than unupgraded Spectre.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Mon 11 Apr 2016 17:42

Well i'am a bit sad about no recon vehicles, but at least getting any kind of response is good enough. :cry:

Im not going to leave huge walls of text, because it seems you have a fixed idea on what to do, I'm going to write 4 points i would like to see addressed in some way.

1- Tech for Chimera, chimera suffers no problems in the early stages of the game, but i still find protocols extremely odd to get, there is no smooth transition like the Cartel faction has into higher tech tiers. It feels your almost punished for teching, since you need to establish the next tier of production and research to get anything of value out.

Sure their units are strong, but tell me whats the point in teching when you can just keep spamming tier 1 units, and win the game straight up. This issue is especially prevalent against US, since Defcon 2 takes soo loong to get out, theres no reason for Chimera to tech at all.

2- Tech for US, Defcon 2 unlocks powerfull upgrades, but they are all behind expensive building requirements, and their cost is quite high. So in essence the only units defcon 2 truly unlocks are the mortar teams, snipers and a couple strykers which aren't effective without the tusk 1 upgrade.

3- Make white phosphorous work properly on mortar teams, grenadiers, tigree, guardians with hydro rockets, e.t.c.....
This upgrade rarely expels infantry out of buildings, its very random at times.

4- Raptors and aircraft in general have a very hard time shooting other air targets, they miss most targets if they don't have vision of the target. They sometimes even overshoot their targets.

Its almost a technical bug that needs to be fixed.

Opticalx
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Opticalx » Mon 11 Apr 2016 18:52

ZxGanon wrote:Okay guys there was again some Shadow Patching going on (changes that haven´t been described):
- Cartels Skycrane needs to be on top of the building grid to start constructing the building
- Cartel Prison Tech research takes at least 25 % longer than before
- Non Lethal Tactics for US got a price decrease again from 3500 $ to 3000 $ (it was 4500 $ at the start of the beta)

Colours to summarize:
important gameplay change
balance
nice to have

1. Still no unarmed Scout Recon Team for the early game.

2. Defcon 2 needs a price decrease (that´s what US desperately needs right now).

3. Fighter Jets (Raptor, Pak FA and Berkut) still are not worth getting build. They do not even kill incoming Avengers...you need 3 Raptors to kill 2 or maybe 1. They miss all their shots...they are not even able to kill Choppers cost efficiently. Jets should act like a "True Strike" unit and ignore countermeassures to be superior to all anti air weapons I mean you are investing 3000 $+ to get those out for only one role: Dominating the Sky.

4. Jackals are too fast because of this one patch where the on road speed got increased.

5. Vipers are killing everything...even infantry and I think that shouldn´t be the case. In all my games I just use mass Viper with Scorpios and Jackals as SUPPORT to level everything that is in my way.

6. I still would recommend to add stances in the game like aggressive, defensive, hold position, and hold fire that actually works. We should be able to switch between those stances. It is super frustrating to engage into an enemy base and to see my units wasting shots against buildings instead of attacking the opponent army that is hidding behind those. Especially Scorpios that shoot the wrong target is such a pain in the a**.

7. The damage statistics that are written on a unit are confusing big time. I would recommend to change them in a way even a simpleton can understand it (if not we will hit the same problem like in the old version where no one had a slight idea what to do and what the optimum is):
Picture of a Soldier/damage you will do; Pic of a Tank/damage; Pic of a Chopper/damage; Pic of a building/damage you will do against it.
That stuff with Bullet and HE damage is super confusing and does not even match the damage sometimes.

8. Reintroduce the laddersystem and seperate 1v1 and 2v2 and add the option to que solo in a 2v2 to get matches against other solo 2v2 players. Also monthly ladder reasetts would be healthy for the competition...now everything is kinda frozen.

9. Last important point from my side would be to add a Tutorial for beginners or we will hit the same problem like in the old version. This time there is not even a campaign to maybe learn from.

10. Maybe add Crushing to overdrive infantry with a tiny please? :)

@ MadMat I would really like to just summon you here and quote if my suggestions are known (except point 1 which you already stated) or you guys do not wanna add them. I don´t care if you destroy me like Bossp...I just wanna know it...the desire burns in my soul. :D

+over 9000 Seriously dev's these are just some small changes that would really impact the game right now. I would support making javs/vipers cost more, 200 is dirt cheap for how effective they are early game, and the range of NLOS on javs and the fact they home in on INFI is really stupid (honestly really stupid). US do need some love in the early game though, getting to D2 is really tough for them. I could go on but people have made some valid points.
Youtube - Opticalx

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Tue 12 Apr 2016 15:26

Would making the Chimera Sword and Shield tech slightly cheaper to get in order for them to be viable? Same with DEFCON 2?

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Tue 12 Apr 2016 16:30

well im no expert , but abviously Cartel still unbalanced due to their easy map control

this Jackal units needs to be black ops

and US needs a way to clear banks early on or trade them with other faction

they need to make def 2 cheaper or put sniper/mortal team defcon 3

at the moment us army is trash army just not cause of their units , just banks/map control for them is crap u cannot hold your ground against cartel or chimera , something needs to be done Eugen

u need to look at the early game/banks/map control for us without buffing units this is where the problem is

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 12 Apr 2016 19:00

Uppy wrote:abviously Cartel still unbalanced due to their easy map control

Actually, they were.
The gap in Cartel win ratio since the beginning of the beta has been closed a little bit more with each new patch, to achieve some good balance with the last patch, according to our server stats.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Tue 12 Apr 2016 19:14

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Uppy wrote:abviously Cartel still unbalanced due to their easy map control

Actually, they were.
The gap in Cartel win ratio since the beginning of the beta has been closed a little bit more with each new patch, to achieve some good balance with the last patch, according to our server stats.

Well not entirely sure if that is correct.

But at least iam glad your adressing vipers.

And i play random btw ;)

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Tue 12 Apr 2016 19:33

With All Respect To Eugen Dev and designers and everyone who works there

I Disagree with you MadMat , the problem is not with units , its the general big picture , cartel can control the map easier and control the banks much easier than us

Cartel Vs US is a joke

while Cartel Vs Chimera is ok

Us Vs Chimera can still be ok though chimera can kill the us player just by spaming puma and sas also with the same problem as cartel , US cannot hold ground/banks

what to look at Is very simple

bring us sniper/mortar team on def 3 , make def2 less expensive

look at the jackal , it's one big problematic unit if you ask me , very very mobile can clear building and tier 1.5 , i dont know what must be done with this unit to balance it out , but for sure at the moment it's a big problem leading to the game being unbalanced

as i said in the earlier post i'm no expert , dotdash andreb and ganon can explain better , but i think we all agree on the same points

which obviously are a problem

thanks

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 12 Apr 2016 21:50

DO NOT MAKE SNIPER DEFCON 3!
Stealth + Capture would beat a ton of people, especially since there isn't much stealth detection at T1
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Fab
Private First-Class

Postby Fab » Wed 13 Apr 2016 10:31

Holy_crap wrote:DO NOT MAKE SNIPER DEFCON 3!

We won't. We already tried it and the sniper is at the right place at defcon 2.

For the US, being the most played faction, we are keeping a particular eye on it. As MadMat said, the US is well balanced when you check the overall stats.
There still a problem with the US vs Cartel matchup. You mentioned it, and our stats are saying the same : if you take 1vs1 games, shorter than 30 minutes, the matchup seems to be in favor of the Cartel.

We are working on that specific issue.

Again, thank you for your feedbacks.

Return to “Act of Aggression”