[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.335 ... + NEW MAP

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:30

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
torinus wrote:I would say devs can load older replays if they want. You can just zip all the replays, upload them to any free upload server and send a link to madmat.

Unless we ask for them, there is no need to send us reaply.

Do you automatically have access to replays of all games played?
Otherwise why would you not want access to replays from best players?

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 14 Apr 2016 14:15

Actually Im not Hostile. I just cannot take it anymore. Im spending my free time testing this game to send them good feedback. In that time I could have played better games srsly.

But since I want this game to be successful Im still playing it. But I will write my feedback in a way I want it to represent my anger.

The US Design failed and it does not work and I dont know why people try to fix that with Puny balance changes. This is a beta guys and I want huge changes which impact the game in a positive way.

Get your homeworks done and rework frustrating factors and implement more Features or this game will never be a successor.
Last edited by ZxGanon on Thu 14 Apr 2016 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 14:23

torinus wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
torinus wrote:I would say devs can load older replays if they want. You can just zip all the replays, upload them to any free upload server and send a link to madmat.

Unless we ask for them, there is no need to send us reaply.

Do you automatically have access to replays of all games played?
Otherwise why would you not want access to replays from best players?

I guess just leave it, i mean they read the forums, if we have replays in the threads we create they can download them if they want.

I think he meant that sending him directly replays would just encourage spamming, and i guess thats probably the best thing to just have each thread topic be backed up by relevant replays, rather than spamming Imminent MadMat with them.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 14 Apr 2016 14:58

AndreB wrote:I guess just leave it, i mean they read the forums, if we have replays in the threads we create they can download them if they want.

I think he meant that sending him directly replays would just encourage spamming

That's it.
We're reading your debate, considering them, testing stuff ourselves.
But we don't need replays to pile up anarchically in our mailbox. If we need one to review a special case, we'll ask.

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Thu 14 Apr 2016 16:04

Cyclope wrote:
ZxGanon wrote:3. Fighter Jets (Raptor, Pak FA and Berkut) still are not worth getting build.

Actually air superiority fighters can kill groups of Avengers, even with counter-measure.
Don't forget that the the air superiority fighters are very hard to shot down, especially for ground anti-air. They are perfect when used as recon.

But I see your point and I understand the problem. We're looking at this.

I'll agree that AA fighters are good at killing average speed planes like the avenger though I feel this is more that the Avenger's HP is stupidly low. However, against very fast aircraft like other AA fighters, or Valkries it's hard enough to even get them out fast enough to matter and the air time is so low compared to the Rate of fire that they often only get off a handful of shots, half of which miss due to flares or too tight a turn, and 1/4+ of which are wasted due to overkill. The situation is even more absurd against helicopters where I've found that unless you have jet's stacked in groups of 2-3 or already have sight of the target the planes must literally pass within spitting distance to even hope to get a hit.

I've got a post on it somewhere else, but doing a few tests against stationary Helos whose location I knew but were not visible single jet's didn't fire in about 1/3 of attack runs (too fast fly-by) they missed in about 1/3 of attack runs (missiles could not pull the turn). and in the 1/3 of attack runs where they did hit the target, not only did they have to practically pass into the enemy helicopter, but they often failed to kill it with that one hit. If the helicopters are moving or have flares you basically have to double or triple up to have any acceptable kill rate. I did not test with Burkuts but F-22/Pak-FA suffered horridly.

somehow, for me, your closing argument seems to say 'we know they can't perform their role, but hey! they're great scouts' and to me this is unacceptable.

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Thu 14 Apr 2016 16:50

ZxGanon wrote:The US Design failed and it does not work and I dont know why people try to fix that with Puny balance changes. This is a beta guys and I want huge changes which impact the game in a positive way.

The key issue, I feel is that the US lost it's identity and critical advantages with the reboot. They used to be a faction that revolved around a strong economy fueling a few powerful, mutually supporting units. they had a building dedicated solely to the best economy upgrades in the game, and could chose to further increase output with additional refineries. They were also one of the only 2 factions with a realistically attainable late game economy (via admin center). With the reboot they lost this advantage, and without the ability to fuel the numbers they relied on I think we've also seen that their 'powerful units' that are supposed to be 'the best at their role' (paraphrasing the early US trailers) aren't that much better than their counterparts on the other side.

I feel like the biggest issue, especially early on, is that the US simply doesn't have an acceptable answer to the best enemy tactics.
both the chimeara and cartel can steal banks with ease. chimeara has SAS from the start which in itself is enough to get the job done, but on top of that they get an APC that even a 6 javelin bank will not kill before it get's next to the building and they get a cheap, point-and-click heal/revive.

once they're inside the building US is helpless. They can't smoke it (mortars Defcon 2) they can't snipe it (snipers Defcon 2) and they will lose any attempt to rush it with marines who will just die in the dozens to SAS/felin fire slowly walking towards the bank (and the still living namer), or to prison heal if they manage to get inside.

The same goes for cartel matchups. Cartel can easily smoke the bank with a scorpio and rush it with contractors, who will win without much loss, and the US is then in the same bind, they can only take it back at a steep cost. meanwhile, they themselves cannot contest banks until defcon 2

The same can be said for harassing refineries. cartel doesn't even have to think, scorpios laugh at anything the enemy sends, shooting down their slow, hopelessly outranged opponents with very little micro and smoking any defenses/garrisons they don't like,

The story vs chimeara is more even, but the fact is that vanilla pumas crush basic Humvees, trade even with TOW Humvees, and if the US player builds thunderbolts you can just leave, you've already won the trade when he spent critical dollars to field that unit which doesn't give him anything beyond defense

US meanwhile get's a little mileage out of Humvees and javelins, but they can't approach enemy defenses/garrisons (and at least one unit will die if you accidently run into one en-route) and don't have any unique strengths like better range or smoke. Sure, they're cheap, but it shows in their effectiveness: they can only do damage if the enemy has no defense, and if he has no defense any of the other two factions would do better.

Return to “Act of Aggression”