Re Building Extractors Ajadecent too refineries.

chykka
Brigadier

Re Building Extractors Ajadecent too refineries.

Postby chykka » Thu 14 Apr 2016 08:33

If I have Refinery as close too Extractor As possible. If Situation where I try too rebuild Extractors if the Refinery is right beside I cannot unless I sell Refinery as well. It's easy too do in forward order Extractor -> Refinery. But if you have Refinery -> / Extractor cannot build if remaining Refinery is right beside.

Walker
Sergeant

Re: Re Building Extractors Ajadecent too refineries.

Postby Walker » Thu 14 Apr 2016 09:39

I had exactly the same problem. I lost my extractor and couldn´t re-build it. I had to sell the raff first.
It must be due to the overlapping field.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 11:49

+1

This is soo annoying, because the most optimal way you build a ref is making it so the first harvestor that comes out, instantly gets into the extractor.

But by doing this if the extractor gets destroyed, you need to sell the ref itself.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 12:59

AndreB wrote:+1

This is soo annoying, because the most optimal way you build a ref is making it so the first harvestor that comes out, instantly gets into the extractor.

But by doing this if the extractor gets destroyed, you need to sell the ref itself.

It is actually not most optimal because that harvestor will need to take a longer route around to get to refinery entry place. Most optimal is where entrance and exit of refinery compared to extractors is about the same.

I posted that picture in 1st week. If you place it like in that picture you will also not have problems if you ever lose the extractor.

Cruelty
Corporal

Postby Cruelty » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:15

torinus wrote:

It is actually not most optimal because that harvestor will need to take a longer route around to get to refinery entry place. Most optimal is where entrance and exit of refinery compared to extractors is about the same.

I posted that picture in 1st week. If you place it like in that picture you will also not have problems if you ever lose the extractor.

I've been trying to tell them this for weeks now, they wont listen, stubborn bastards....

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:16

Cruelty wrote:
torinus wrote:

I've been trying to tell them this for weeks now, they wont listen, stubborn bastards....

Been on a Cartel spree, i don't care about ref placement :mrgreen:

Also torinus for reference purposes give me a link for that ref placement if you please.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:19

Cruelty wrote:
torinus wrote:

When I was doing my testing of resource income and found cartel gets money faster, that testing started as a way to find most optimal refinery placements for all 3 factions and I stumbled into cartel resource gathering being OP.
Then first I compared cartel money gain to couple of different USA refinery placements and found the one I described to lag the least behind cartel.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:35

Hmm i just went ingame and the way i place it is the most optimal(i think).

Care to share that picture torinus, i can't see any more effective way really.

My harvestor takes the closest route right?

Even the first harvestor goes straight inside the extractor.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 14:08

AndreB wrote:Hmm i just went ingame and the way i place it is the most optimal(i think).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/530670181241141943/7D11B8A6599B76A12690D995A00738884F0B64F5/
Exit is above, entrance below. This position is also wrong because it is better to position it closer to entrance or in middle.
The overall difference is not big but if you care about optimal this one is better.

Now let me explain to you why. The overall path harvesters take in both pictures is same. But the difference is time that each spends inside and how much they need to travel after that.
Your first one will enter it and start collecting resources and you start making next one immediately. But next one is made before first one is done with harvesting. In my version the 2nd and 3rd one spend that extra time driving half way around towards extractor so once they exit they have less to drive to enter refinery.

This difference disappears once you have 3 harvesters in both situations doing their dance but my positioning already had a small advantage. Also if enemy kills your harvesters and you make new ones, my positioning will probably again give you a small boost.

Also it should not have problems replacing extractor if it gets killed.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 14 Apr 2016 14:17

torinus wrote:
AndreB wrote:Hmm i just went ingame and the way i place it is the most optimal(i think).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/530670181241141943/7D11B8A6599B76A12690D995A00738884F0B64F5/
Exit is above, entrance below. This position is also wrong because it is better to position it closer to entrance or in middle.
The overall difference is not big but if you care about optimal this one is better.

Now let me explain to you why. The overall path harvesters take in both pictures is same. But the difference is time that each spends inside and how much they need to travel after that.
Your first one will enter it and start collecting resources and you start making next one immediately. But next one is made before first one is done with harvesting. In my version the 2nd and 3rd one spend that extra time driving half way around towards extractor so once they exit they have less to drive to enter refinery.

This difference disappears once you have 3 harvesters in both situations doing their dance but my positioning already had a small advantage. Also if enemy kills your harvesters and you make new ones, my positioning will probably again give you a small boost.

Also it should not have problems replacing extractor if it gets killed.

Alright i got it, thank you.

I guess you can maximize it further by getting the first harvestor to move the highest distance possible, so that the next harvestors move the maximum distance while the first harvestor is mining.

Return to “Act of Aggression”