[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.390 ... + NEW MAP

D-M

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.390 ... + NEW MAP

Postby D-M » Thu 28 Apr 2016 17:52

I guess the point is to make rushes a crippling strategy instead of just being a silly-looking killing move, I like it, but it's also a problem since not all turrets are equally potent and costly, it kinda give an unpretty advantage to the Chimera.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Thu 28 Apr 2016 17:55

Options and control are two important factors that good RTS games are providing while this turret limits openers instead of increasing them.

Create more options for players...let them react to what your opponen is doing...jesus.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 28 Apr 2016 17:57

i tottaly disagree D-M ,while i support Eugen and i bet they are working hard on their game

they should quickly hotfix it and take the turret away from the game , we need more options not less options this is a strategy game

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:03

[EUG]MadMat ,

can you please send our words to the game designers , none of us really like this turret

and

thanks for supporting your game

it's something we appreciate

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:07

I 'm sorry but wining by caping the barrack/HQ is not a fun option whatever the side you are on, and is part of the reasons I find the game silly.
Wargame RD got the same problem, I think it's time to tackle that shit.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:08

ZxGanon wrote:Create more options for players...let them react to what your opponen is doing...jesus.

You've made your point abundantly clear already. It is duly noted.

Uppy wrote:they should quickly hotfix it and take the turret away from the game , we need more options not less options this is a strategy game

We fix, more still hotfix, what is broken. This is not the case here.

Since this is a beta, we're taking the opportunity to test some ideas ...

Uppy wrote:[EUG]MadMat ,

can you please send our words to the game designers , none of us really like this turret

and

thanks for supporting your game

it's something we appreciate

Dear Uppy,

I received your letter well. Be sure that I will forward it with all due haste to our little GD elves.

Yet, just to clarify things: by "none of us", you mean the 4-5 people so far whom criticized the idea without even giving it a try?

Regards.

SantaMat

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:11

that's not how you fix , make it so your HQ can't be captured

but don't put turret to disable a strategy that existed since the begining of rts games

Thank You Dear MadMat :)

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:16

D-M wrote:I 'm sorry but wining by caping the barrack/HQ is not a fun option whatever the side you are on, and is part of the reasons I find the game silly.

Its fine to test things, and im glad they are willing to do weird patches to see how stuff plays out.

After playing two games, yes i know its not that much. But removing the entire early game portion of the game where now you only have mid and lategame, sounds silly.

The game feels like im playing the game before the reboot, except you kinda moved forward in time a few minutes? where you have refs setup and now a turret. You can still allin, and harass a ref. But i feel you removed a big part of going inside the enemies base early on to be aggressive.

There could be other ways to fix this problem, like give your HQ the ability to be garrison, or recon units i dunno, a turret sounds a bit excessive.

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:22

Seems this should have been added in the Release-Version xD
Rushing in the Reboot-Version didn't mean to capture the HQ anymore xD
Seems someone didn't recognize that early enough? Why do some [Eug]-Accounts only have like "AoA game played 3 hours in last 14 days" on Steam?

nvm, thx for the map.
Hope more and more will go for nice 2v2 matches (and get rushed/harrased, always, come whatever patch will, some will always be faster :lol: ).

Uppy every building has to be able to get captured! Don't make more rules, break them for freedom for free decision making and strategies!
Last edited by tactic on Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Game on!

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:24

This is a really strange move lol.
I hope this is not a "fix" for the stealth builder rush lol.

And I am still waiting for the UI and targeting fixes and improvements. I really, really, really hope they don't think Reboot is release worthy without polishing the tools players use to play it.
Last edited by torinus on Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Act of Aggression”