[AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.390 ... + NEW MAP

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [AoA Reboot Beta] Patch v.390 ... + NEW MAP

Postby Megiddo » Sat 30 Apr 2016 16:57

Map creation tools could be great.

Back in the AoW days, community map packs were really excellent and they brought a notable value to the game. Henri666, Dark, plenty of talented creators shared a huge bunch of good maps, even if the official ones are great.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Sat 30 Apr 2016 17:25

so eugen needs to use the community... give us the map tool...

maptool = more fun, longer fun, more time for devs
and yea believe it or do not, but someone in community is allways a better map creator than a dev is..

btw, am i the only one who is unhappy about the big price margin? i mean 10k for black ops upgrade.. to 150 contractor.. generals 1 also had only 1 ressource but never this big margin.. just my opinion, maybe u all are okay with it

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Sat 30 Apr 2016 18:23

Blizzard uses community maps only. They are super lazy and they do this since the latest of Wing of Liberty. Blizzard does this because they are awful in making maps and the community in SC2 does a way better job... also it is just cheaper for them and they stop wasting time and concentrate on important things.

They check new uploaded maps on their official sites and take those in the ladder pool they like.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

Tyraria
Private

Postby Tyraria » Sat 30 Apr 2016 20:33

just my 2 cent but i like the idea of anti rush turret since rushing is a plague to me and my pleasure,my favourite RTS is COH(company of heroes) and the combination of no rush and Victory point on the map would greatly enhanced my interest in this game which frankly is low at the moment and my friends think the same.

cheers.

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Sat 30 Apr 2016 22:20

Tyraria how many game did u play? how much time did u play?
ofc as beginner rush is allways hard.. but for player who knows the game the turret is a bad joke

Are you the one with "3.8 hours" played act of aggression??

Tyraria
Private

Postby Tyraria » Sun 1 May 2016 12:55

My main point was not the turret but anti rush and Victory point system otherwise this game will stay in the dark with rushers thinking that is skill,played over 2000 hours at warcraft 3 and i am beyond tired of base rush,yes you can counter it but that is not the point.
VP system allow for real strategy and fun (buildings could be VP as an example).There are no rush at COH base is protected by MG nest and no one will say that it prevent any gameplay due to VP system.
Otherwise map feels empty and i don't wanna play act of war again though it was fun back in the days.

cheers.

Walker
Corporal

Postby Walker » Mon 2 May 2016 10:14

What I can see in Reboot is that you fall behind early at the beginning of the game when you loose your dozer because it costs much to get another one.

But I wouldn´t make it cheaper cause then there is a risk that especially US spam them and build barracks/vehicle bays everywhere on the map.

My suggestion for that problem is that you automatically get another dozer if you loose your only one! You don´t have to pay for it.

You are punished enough to start from your HQ and loose time to go to the oilfield or whatever.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Wed 4 May 2016 17:29

Boring!
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

razgriz91
Sergeant

Postby razgriz91 » Fri 6 May 2016 11:34

So, any new plans or ideas from the Devs? :D Vipers are still anti-anything but air :/

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 6 May 2016 13:31

Yea I am also wondering if any new changes or improvements are being worked on. Lots more could have been added in one month of beta considering you made all the bigger Reboot changes in few months before?

Return to “Act of Aggression”