[AoW/AoA] AoA today VS his old brother

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Re: [AoW/AoA] AoA today VS his old brother

Postby Gnougnou » Mon 2 May 2016 15:43

ZxGanon wrote:What Torinus just Listed what be more than enough to make this game a good RTS. Except point 6.

I don't think so. Because if you either like micro or macro, you won't find what you want this game. Also, a new RTS player will probably be lost in those huge maps. Honestly, I played this game because I loved AoW, and I heard on the interviews :
- Big bases.
- Cool ressource system.
- Big armies.
- Huge maps.
- Realistic close-future design.

Remove the 2 first and you have what's left. Now I'm playing AoA to see what it will become, but I don't like the current game that much. too many things are gone, and nothing replaced them. They just removed the whole eco and multiple base system. Now we have huge empty maps where they spread oil spots to try to "cover" the map. Just look at the last 2v2 they added. some spots are in the corner of the map just so it's very far from everything. Is that really useful ? Are they keeping big maps in case they want to change eco again ?

I honestly don't want this game to become micro, because I prefer macro oriented things, just like AoA used to be.

What Torinus proposed is of course useful and should be added, but the gameplay would still be empty and would requiere new features. Most of my ideas don't requiere new modelling since everything is already ingame (truck model, ref, cartel expansion module, hard counter, cheaper defcons...)

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Mon 2 May 2016 16:05

What it is, is a new game most similar to C&C Generals. Finally.

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 2 May 2016 17:25

And there is still the biggest questIon of all everyone ignores.

What does AoA want to be?
This game has no idea what it wants to be.
That's why it is dead.

It is basically everything and still nothing.

This questIon has to be answered by Eugen before we all can even Plan the stuff that has to be fixed/added.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Mon 2 May 2016 18:48

ZxGanon wrote:And there is still the biggest questIon of all everyone ignores.

What does AoA want to be?
This game has no idea what it wants to be.
That's why it is dead.

It is basically everything and still nothing.

This questIon has to be answered by Eugen before we all can even Plan the stuff that has to be fixed/added.

My guess is that they want it to be a game that brings them profit and praise.
If they knew exactly which game that was, we would not be having these conversations :D

Opticalx
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Opticalx » Mon 2 May 2016 21:02

Really amazing research and effort on this post. TL:DR some of it. But the price of things in AoA does not feel right at all! And thats something I have stood by. There are still loads of units being abused at the moment aswell. I just wish we could get the dev's on a teamspeak and talk to them about stuff and get their view on the development of the game.
Youtube - Opticalx

ZxGanon
Sergeant Major

Postby ZxGanon » Mon 2 May 2016 22:32

Still I would stick to torinus proposed changes. They are clear and address the most issues this game has. After those got fixed we can go even more into detail so.
Gather My Cartel Children The Father Of Superhinds Is Calling!

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Tue 3 May 2016 00:19

really nice to see how the community cares about this game..
BUT to be honest... the changes we need are just toooo big ... eugen and focus wants to get money.. if they make us the game good they wont get a buck for it.. okay it will come some new players but never enough to earn real money with these changes.

ofc we are the players and we want a nice game.. but we need to thinkin about both sides.
skins is one rly good option but dont know its just not enough. we need some more.

the game at start wasnt really bad.. we all liked it and played it many hours per day. it wasnt the game itself which failed so hard. isnt it the job of publisher to do some marketing? this failed hard and in my opinion thats the point of low player counts.

so for me the only option to get a real great rts game with all these changes is to work WITH COMMUNITY on a brand new game. with good marketing, with ingame purchases, with nice gameplay, with esport. marketing today is soooooo important if u fail it u wont get money i swear u..
so eugen did a well job here if they wouldnt ign ore us so much :D but focus is just useless. what they did??? nearly nothin. cut off focus and searchin for a new publisher and create a new and f****n good RTS!

and yea i would love a great AoA .. but its just not realistic anymore

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 3 May 2016 10:29

If by we all you mean you and maybe someone else then yes... LOL

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Tue 3 May 2016 10:41

The problem is all of these suggestions take insane amounts of time to develop, and money. This isn't like boom veterancy system plus crushing done in a week. Plus don't you guys think that even if they changed what you suggested that the games longevity and playerbase would still be the same?

And they actually have to make money you know, sure they sold close to 100 thousand copies (as said on steamcharts) maybe more from other places, but they already made the reboot saying they spent more time on it than originally expected.

I know torinus did mentioned this but there has to be a way for us to make our own content like modding tools/map editor.

But even those take time, and games like Wargame have been out forever without a map editor or modding tools, so i doubt we will be getting those at all in the foreseeable future.

So really maybe release new content(payed DLC). Like a new campaign made with the reboot version of the game together with a new ai, like why not? Maybe if it sells well it justifies further work on the game.

More multiplayer features or even better balance on a low playerbase game isn't going to bring people in.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 3 May 2016 11:00

Not it isn't, that is why I said either market his game again or make a standalone one. But marketing it again without at least improving some of these features might bring back people that will just get frustrated again and leave.

Return to “Act of Aggression”