[AoW/AoA] AoA today VS his old brother

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: [AoW/AoA] AoA today VS his old brother

Postby torinus » Thu 12 May 2016 14:38

Gnougnou wrote:
AndreB wrote:Well to be fair i think the reboot is way better in terms of economy.

Did you tried to play the old version again ? I did a game, just to remember.
You have so many things to do that the game if far more interesting and challenging. You have a lot of strats to do and game basically change everytimes according to where you built your other bases and how many ref you did, how many of them you put on each field, etc. So possibilities were incredible.

I'm not complaining about the one ressource system, well, maybe a little, but nevermind. But the beginning is so slow. And then, I almost do the same thing every games and it works all the time. I have like 2/3 strats per faction and that is all. I ignore 60% of units a faction has because I know that spamming only 2 will be enough to kill anyone.

But as Ganon said it, it's worthless to speak. Talking on the forum is a waste of time. The game has been released. Now they will just fix game crash, and that is all. I removed most ideas on the main topic, as well as the huge message for the devs. I kept the rest so one day we will find it under a layer of dust and laugh at it and how hopeful I was.

It only seemed faster because you kept spamming refineries until the game ended. That is not faster, that is crap.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 12 May 2016 14:55

Gnougnou wrote:
AndreB wrote:The game has been released. Now they will just fix game crash, and that is all. I removed most ideas on the main topic, as well as the huge message for the devs. I kept the rest so one day we will find it under a layer of dust and laugh at it and how hopeful I was.

Yeah its the sad state of RTS really, theres only potential and nostalgia.

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Thu 12 May 2016 17:08

i totally agree with torinus.. early and mid game is just slower than before.. 3 ressource system was a great challenge and made this game unique..

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 12 May 2016 17:15

SteffanBFC wrote:i totally agree with torinus.. early and mid game is just slower than before.. 3 ressource system was a great challenge and made this game unique..

They you don't agree with me.

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Thu 12 May 2016 17:17

ah sry.. i agreed with the post u quoted :p i agree with gougnou :p

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Fri 13 May 2016 04:59

I also agree with Gnougnou. You had way more options in the old game and it feels better in some regards. That is my opinion at least after playing this game more than anybody else. No early game scouting is a big bummer for me. It is a guessing game right now, which is bad.

Walker
Sergeant

Postby Walker » Fri 13 May 2016 12:17

Predatorrrr wrote:No early game scouting is a big bummer for me. It is a guessing game right now, which is bad.

If u need a scouting unit use k-max as cartel or build a humvee/puma for the other fractions within the first minute of a game. Isn´t it early enough?
You guys do it already in your games, so why do u cry here for something that will never be implemented.

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Postby SteffanBFC » Fri 13 May 2016 13:41

walker yea its just not early enough... build a vehicle bay then a humvee... it cost so much money and time.. look when ur building ur FIRST building u have nothin to do.. u just look and wait.. and thats boring.. old version was in the first 3-4 minutes definitly much better

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 13 May 2016 16:13

SteffanBFC wrote:walker yea its just not early enough... build a vehicle bay then a humvee... it cost so much money and time.. look when ur building ur FIRST building u have nothin to do.. u just look and wait.. and thats boring.. old version was in the first 3-4 minutes definitly much better

Exactly. Multitasking was very a thing in the older version. Now, making a second builder cripple your eco to death and you have nothing to scout unless you spend all your money in it... Look at AoW or Generals : in both, making multiple builders was very helpful and allowed the player to set up a base faster and fluidly.

But I guess the removal of the scout is from the well known "We listen to our community" policy from Eugen.

Walker
Sergeant

Postby Walker » Fri 13 May 2016 16:46

Well, i can understand Eugen so far, cause your arguments throughout are somewhat contradictory/inconsistent.

On the one Hand u complain about a TURRET, where u decide that NO ONE needs it, and on the other hand u want a SCOUTING UNIT .....

Return to “Act of Aggression”