Act of Aggression Reboots and is now 50% off on Steam

PapaYankee
First Sergeant

Act of Aggression Reboots and is now 50% off on Steam

Postby PapaYankee » Tue 10 May 2016 19:36

After 50 days of a thrilling beta, Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition, the alternative version of Act of Aggression (included in the original game) is now released! Get 50% discount on the game until the end of the week!

This massive overhaul of the original game is our answer to our community’s comments and suggestions, it totally redefines the Act of Aggression experience, bringing it even closer to the “old school” real-time strategy games, including:

• Single-resource economy
  • Playable builders
  • New airstrikes
  • 3 brand new maps: Lucha Libre, Philosopher’s Path & Manilla Rising
  • Huge graphics overhaul on units and buildings
  • General balance tweaking
  • Performance improvements

Read the entire article on our blog >

SteffanBFC
Corporal

Re: Act of Aggression Reboots and is now 50% off on Steam

Postby SteffanBFC » Tue 10 May 2016 19:56

WOW AMAZING!!! this is worst move u would ever do...
you guys rly completly ignore this community??? why launch a beta if u ignore our feedback and release it now with 50% off???
my job is a marketing and projectmanager.. if i would work like you do i would get fired instantly!!!
its again a total fail.. reboot edition isnt finished yet (if it is pls search a new job all of u)... wow im rly angry :D
what a bunch of failers is this company??

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Tue 10 May 2016 20:19

Maybe it's because they decided to stop working on the game considering they achieved their goal , maybe it's a marketing, who knows I just hope they didn't give up on the game
Last edited by Uppy on Tue 10 May 2016 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hakime
Corporal

Postby Hakime » Tue 10 May 2016 20:22

Basic stuff like shooting on the thing you're clicking and numerous other things which have been mentioned soooo many times ARE. STILL. NOT. FIXED.

Where is your marketing supporting this title? Where are the announcements, the hype? No movies, no promotions, nothing?! This smells like a cash grab and then you will forget about it.

Maybe this will get some new players in but yeah, this isn't making me very hopefull...

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 10 May 2016 20:32

Is this it? You abandoned the game?

What Hakime said is exactly what I am feeling at the moment.

razgriz91
Sergeant

Postby razgriz91 » Tue 10 May 2016 20:35

Thrilling beta? :D Come on even the original game feels better right now (except for the unit delay)

Vipers still kill everything, Income rate at a certyin Point goes uphill too fast, Airunits vs Choppers still not working proberly...

Uppy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Uppy » Tue 10 May 2016 20:59

I think it's done , next game is wargame

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Tue 10 May 2016 21:43

Hakime wrote:Basic stuff like shooting on the thing you're clicking and numerous other things which have been mentioned soooo many times ARE. STILL. NOT. FIXED.

Where is your marketing supporting this title? Where are the announcements, the hype? No movies, no promotions, nothing?! This smells like a cash grab and then you will forget about it.

Maybe this will get some new players in but yeah, this isn't making me very hopefull...

+1. I think everyone is getting mad on this topic because we told them many times what to fix and how to fix them. Now I think it is heavily related to money and Focus probably forced them to release the reboot at one point.

I'm willing the best for this game tho... Maybe they will be able to fix things in the future.
Last edited by Gnougnou on Tue 10 May 2016 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 10 May 2016 22:41

I was telling about this game to my cousin and he was interested to buy it, but if this is release and done in such a pathetic way I am ashamed to ask him to buy it. I hyped it much more to him expecting more fixes and at least some effort at marketing.
I don't want him to buy a game for MP that will not have even a decent playerbase due to no marketing.
I think I marketed this game more than any Eugene or Focus employee which is sad. If they told each employee to make one cool video of them playing it that would be 1000% better marketing than what was done so far....

Hakime
Corporal

Postby Hakime » Tue 10 May 2016 23:53

Side note: The game still says "BETA" and still launched the old game. What the actual fuck.

Return to “Act of Aggression”