Act of Aggression Reboots and is now 50% off on Steam

McNash
Lieutenant

Re: Act of Aggression Reboots and is now 50% off on Steam

Postby McNash » Tue 17 May 2016 06:48

atdsutm wrote:
McNash wrote:All right, all right, so everyone vented off their opinions, and apocalyptic predictions have been done, and now for some delicious statistic data...

https://steamdb.info/app/318020/graphs/

Seems like the discount sale did its trick and managed to more than double the gaming population of this game, sadly SteamDB doesn't seem to be able to show the amount of game owner anymore but last time I checked it was ranging approximately 110,000.

It's interesting to notice that every 1-2 months or so AoA has a surge of population which usually rise up to 450-650 players, then stabilizing to an average of 250-300 players, the overall trend for the game is to hold a decent amount of people without actually making a major breakthrough, as things are, balancing work combined with sales offers are the most effective way to promote the game, I theorize that making a free to play weekend as well as 3 consecutive 50% discount offers every 6 weeks combined with some tweaks and 2 new maps may manage to make that 450-650 players per day the new average, making it a reasonable platform for preparing the next iteration of the game.

Of course, this can be done while Eugen gets ready a new Wargame iteration, or something completely original, this would mean yet another source of income for the company, after all creating new brands may help with Eugen's domestic economy.

This might even increase with more content and modding tools from Eugen.

Well honest to tell you, I suspect Eugen can actually afford to do such a thing as, at difference of the likes of EA, they seem to have permanent staff, with a fixed salary (probably many of them are game developer practitioners... so yeah), so either Alexis puts them to work in something, be it released Wargame games, AoA and any upcoming title, or he is basically throwing money to the windows, what I wonder is how many actual software engineers do they have in the team, as they are the guys who go beyond the "HEY LOOK THIS IS SO COOL I AM DEVELOPING VIDEOGAMES" and do the cold, hard, down-to-earth budget and project planning.

Not to be disrespectful with the practitioners, but I myself am going through a course of software engineering so I have been hammered to the point I no longer believe in passion or dreams, just dedication and objectives, the way it has to be :lol:

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Tue 17 May 2016 09:54

They should at least put a collaboration with Girls and Panzers for extra DLC content and announcer content.

I wish that Yukari is my UI during the game.

Seekerdolls
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Seekerdolls » Tue 17 May 2016 21:51

You know, it is very funny and ironic that this reboot announce thread smells almost funeral event

Well, I did stop playing this game since playercount hit below 600. It was my first verdict that this game's multiplayer pool is basically dead

And I was vulturing here when reboot was announced. Having little hope that reboot might save the game in progress. The result is.. hmm

I feel anger and defeated now cause the wargame salters which keep mindlessly saying development of this game is the mistake at the first place. I finally admit that they were right

Sorry for quibblings. Good luck on next project Eugene
Sorry for inconvenience :D

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 17 May 2016 23:34

Seekerdolls wrote:You know, it is very funny and ironic that this reboot announce thread smells almost funeral event

Well, I did stop playing this game since playercount hit below 600. It was my first verdict that this game's multiplayer pool is basically dead

And I was vulturing here when reboot was announced. Having little hope that reboot might save the game in progress. The result is.. hmm

I feel anger and defeated now cause the wargame salters which keep mindlessly saying development of this game is the mistake at the first place. I finally admit that they were right

Sorry for quibblings. Good luck on next project Eugene

Well, in these dark days of MOBAs and FPS dominance to see a brand new RTS having 100 or more people online is quite an achievement. I mean, long gone are the ages where a company could feature a population of 1 or 2 million game owners, look at the likes of Blizzard and EA, throwing all their available resources at FPS, being it cartoonish-RA3 styled or tragically historical events, despite having 2 of the most successful gameplay brands ever they are done for good, at this point I really can't blame RTS developers, it's not that they haven't tried very hard, but that the market has shrunk as new generations no longer care about RTS.

Even Tindalos' Battlefleet Gothic Armada, using the 40k brand, achieved just 130,000 sales, and the lead developer has called this an unexpected and major success, 130,000 units, when back in the day even such a limited expansion pack as Brood War could bolster many times that number, and yes, I am calling Brood War limited because all they did was adding 2-3 units to each faction, 3 new campaigns and a bunch of maps, even Wargame offered far more than that in a new iteration, perhaps it's time to take out the nostalgia glasses and crush it under the boot of hard realism.

MrHyena
Sergeant

Postby MrHyena » Fri 20 May 2016 21:35

Its just a shame that for each of the 6 patches, that it was filled with Cartel nerfs and USA buffs.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 22 May 2016 09:02

MrHyena wrote:Its just a shame that for each of the 6 patches, that it was filled with Cartel nerfs and USA buffs.

Maybe they can start by making the artillery turret not to explode?

Considering all the limitations it already has it would be a good start.

Also, it would be great if we could have an option for the Koalitsiya to switch between its "burst serial" fire and a semiautomatic option so we can actually micro their attacks, and give it a small bonus movement after researching the assault cannon upgrade would be very welcome too, I mean, it uses the Armata chassis, it shouldn't be that slow.

It's actually quite sad to see Eugen buffing the "good" guys while nerfing the "bad" guys, what is sadder is that the last time I checked the polls a lot of people here loved Cartel, as being the most original and interesting faction to play, they are all what is left after EA finished C&C and left us without the Brotherhood of Nod :cry:

Return to “Act of Aggression”