Eugen u want to earn (more) money with that game? Read this.

Walker
Corporal

Eugen u want to earn (more) money with that game? Read this.

Postby Walker » Mon 14 Nov 2016 18:23

I still believe in this game, (a bit) ... and christmas is near.
Normaly i would ask for new maps or for a map-editor for your (still) existing community, BUT we did it more than enough (and u don´t response to it).

So I think to myself: The game is out >1 year.

What about an add-on?

A small one for not more than $5.

For that money you could give us 1 new faction and new maps or at least some new units and new maps.

What does it bring you?

Money to earn. Not only for the add-on, maybe also a push for the reboot edition.

What does it bring us?

Hopely a higher playerbase. And more fun. We don´t wanna play Guardian Rift any longer.

Sincerly

WalkeR

McNash
Lieutenant

Re: Eugen u want to earn (more) money with that game? Read this.

Postby McNash » Tue 15 Nov 2016 16:12

I think the problem with this game was singled out and should be consequently patched, that is, units in general are too fragile, which make for very little actual combat in the game, they should fix that and the bugs which still remain.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Wed 16 Nov 2016 15:07

Add-ons won't save the game. The whole reboot thing was a stupid idea. People now have an idea of what this game is and it probably won't change with a DLC. They have to make a whole new game with new title/forum/website in order to rebirth the game. This game was poorly designed on a few important points that have already been discussed many times. For me :

1) Poorly macro/micro design : huge armies in lines on roads (no front lines). Imagine a game like Supreme Commander with roads, that would be stupid af. The same thing apply there.

2) Game not able to handle macro things : many 4v4 games went into desynch, many players are lagging like hell, causing the whole match to be unplayable.

3) No IN-GAME (mandatory) tutorial to save a few players. Many players had no idea how to play the game, and are too stupid to check videos online.. This has been asked by the community, but apparently a whole reboot is less expensive :lol:

4) Poorly copy/paste of Act Of War has an emergency reboot leading the game into abyss : removal of everything that made that game really good, with macro maps and micro economy. Basically an Act Of War with huge maps, which doesn't make any sense.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 17 Nov 2016 12:08

Reboot was not stupid, it improved on the game. it just didn't improve enough. Also the engine running this game seems to be not good enough.

But it has taught me to not trust small RTS developers that promise too much. This is last time I buy a RTS that only promising at release

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Fri 18 Nov 2016 02:08

torinus wrote:Reboot was not stupid, it improved on the game.

It did not.

ELITE
Sergeant

Postby ELITE » Fri 18 Nov 2016 15:52

Reboot came out and nobody knew how to start the reboot, cause of the bad game launch mode!!!

I said after few weeeks, that the normal vanilla version ist shit and than Eugen should update it to the normal ACT OF WAR mode.

Eugen Admins laughed about it......and.....some month later reboot was born.

I remember the first 2 weeks of AOA..... 3500 Player were online and now?......100 on a good day.

Support is still bad and the unsync problems are still there.

Its over with this game.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 18 Nov 2016 18:45

They should make Act of Aggression 2.

You don't like it? Go write a 20 pages post about how Finland AT weapons should attack airborne units too :mrgreen:

ALPHIVE
Private

Postby ALPHIVE » Sun 20 Nov 2016 13:56

You want to make money ?

MAKE MAP EDITOR FOR ACT OF AGRESSION AND WARGAME

you can earn much more with this, because the community will be able to make their creations

I dont understand how its possible today, in this kind of game at this period, to not give worldbuilder ...

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 20 Nov 2016 19:30

ALPHIVE wrote:You want to make money ?

MAKE MAP EDITOR FOR ACT OF AGRESSION AND WARGAME

you can earn much more with this, because the community will be able to make their creations

I dont understand how its possible today, in this kind of game at this period, to not give worldbuilder ...

Third party restrictions or something.

Kvantovy
Master Sergeant

Postby Kvantovy » Tue 22 Nov 2016 13:32

Modding possibilities like C&C: Generals ZH had, would be a godsent imho. RTS fans would voluntarily fix all AoA problems and enrich it with new units, factions, maps and maybe even new interesting campaigns.