The old AoA was way more fun....

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

The old AoA was way more fun....

Postby Predatorrrr » Sat 31 Dec 2016 07:30

....just an example. The new game is not as addictive as the old one was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bwgo-t4QHs

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Re: The old AoA was way more fun....

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Sat 31 Dec 2016 13:47

Thank you, somebody says this, I did not allow myself to jump against the direction that was token.

The game, exactly at that point before the perma stealth and the ambushes were removed, I think A version like mid November or so, was, compared to all other stages, the best version in my opinion.

Take that version and Go up from there.

For the one people that one was too difficult, but for the others, this was a fresh wise of extensive fun.
A game that is about the Cartels is not 'softended' warfare.

Instead of making OP things weaker, give the others an equal opportunity and let it crack!
Let the violent forces finally unleash!

ELITE
Sergeant

Postby ELITE » Sun 1 Jan 2017 20:22

dont flame us a river!

The old AOA was a piece of shit with only spam!

This is the one and only gamemode!

You know nothing about the game history. The first game and the basic of AOA was ACT OF WAR!
This game was exactly like this gamemode and not like VANILLA!

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Mon 2 Jan 2017 01:26

If the people are more united than now, the time will give us a new game.

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Mon 2 Jan 2017 17:57

I offered Eugen multiple times to collaborate with them to make this game better, we have a list of broken/imbalanced things. No one approached me or anyone else. Most changes would be pretty simple actually; as simple as changing INT values in a config file.
I even offered to do a tutorial series for beginners on YouTube. No one responded to that as well. They dont want free help, this game is abandoned.

eric5005
Private

Postby eric5005 » Mon 16 Jan 2017 14:59

I really loved the "old school" RTS Games like C&C and the old Act of War games, but i really really hate this "Ruse Engine" ... also if you have a very good computer the vehicles and buildings look so bad and cheap if you zoom in its a shame :(

I dont understand why no one is able to make a good RTS Game ... quality like the old C&C or like Blizzard with Starcraft.

So dont feel pissed of about my comment, thats just my opinion and my taste. If you are happy with the game and the engine, nothing wrong about that.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 27 Jan 2017 05:54

eric5005 wrote:I really loved the "old school" RTS Games like C&C and the old Act of War games, but i really really hate this "Ruse Engine" ... also if you have a very good computer the vehicles and buildings look so bad and cheap if you zoom in its a shame :(

I dont understand why no one is able to make a good RTS Game ... quality like the old C&C or like Blizzard with Starcraft.

So dont feel pissed of about my comment, thats just my opinion and my taste. If you are happy with the game and the engine, nothing wrong about that.

Because money, money and money, that's it, nowadays no sane major publisher would throw money into a RTS production, particularly when FPS, MOBAs, sports and platform games are so much easier to make and far more profitable, just look at Eugen, from an strictly economic point of view they are not totally sane for investing so much money in RTS games, and even them have to concede when some of their games didn't make enough cash, but at least they try. I like Eugen, they are valiant (or crazy) enough to try their own stuff, even if they are a rather small company, you got to respect them for not going their own style.