Borderless-/windowed fail

Metallkiller
Private First-Class

Borderless-/windowed fail

Postby Metallkiller » Wed 16 Sep 2015 14:37

Because of another crash, i tried a workaround by using a windowed mode instead of fullscreen. Unfortunately, both borderless and normal windowed mode place the window in a way that makes it impossible to scroll down, as the mouse pointer can't reach the lower border of the window before encountering the border of the screen itself.

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Borderless-/windowed fail

Postby AceRevo » Wed 16 Sep 2015 19:56

Metallkiller wrote:Because of another crash, i tried a workaround by using a windowed mode instead of fullscreen. Unfortunately, both borderless and normal windowed mode place the window in a way that makes it impossible to scroll down, as the mouse pointer can't reach the lower border of the window before encountering the border of the screen itself.

you can move your camera with keyboard - W,A,S,D.

Just saying.

Metallkiller
Private First-Class

Postby Metallkiller » Sun 20 Sep 2015 17:53

AceRevo wrote:you can move your camera with keyboard - W,A,S,D.

Just saying.

I know, but that's not how I want to play an RTS. Other people may prefer to scroll with the keyboard, I prefer scrolling with the mouse. I also prefer not having to restart the game every 15 minutes because devs didn't test the game before releasing it (or, of course, releasing it despite so many bugs because money). I thought that's whata beta is for, to release a game AFTER fixing it.

Deathmonolith
Staff Sergeant

Postby Deathmonolith » Mon 21 Sep 2015 11:07

Hello MetallKiller !

So, if you want us to investigate the reasons of your crashs we'll need both a DxDiag and a mdmp, here is how to give them to us :

Mdmp :
Those files are located in the same directory as Act of Agression.exe (%your steam path%\SteamApps\common\ActofAgression) and have the .mdmp extension (exemple actofagression2_2040533_crash_2013_5_25T1_7_43C0.mdmp).

DxDiag :
1. Press the keys WINDOWS (bottom left) and R.
2. Type DXDIAG and click the button OK from the Run window.

A diagnosis will be executed then. After it's done, click on "Save all information" and save the DxDiag as text file (.txt).

Do not forget to compress it in a .rar or .zip file, and send it to us here by uploading it to a website and send us a link to download it.

If you want us to investigate the mouse problem, the DxDiag is requiered nontheless. Since you're the only one reporting this bug, it might be due to an incompatibility with your hardware.

Cheers,

EugSupport

Return to “Tech Support”