Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews

InigoIVIontoya
Private

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby InigoIVIontoya » Sat 29 Aug 2015 20:38

I edited your introduction, Kamp. I can't yet send a PM because I just registered.

Act of Aggression is a new Real Time Strategy (RTS) game and for me it is even more because it combines the energy of a major group of people that share a modern hobby.
I have written a Strategy Guide for all the commanders and generals out there to help you control the factions actually enjoy the game.
The following hints, tips and How-To's should lead your favourite factions into Victory.
They are based on my large experience as an RTS-player with over 200 hours of game time with Act of Aggression.
Note: This is my first Guide I write and I am not a native English speaker. If somebody can provide input and offer grammatical suggestions, please do not hesitate to send me a PM so I make corrections. If my language is not objective enough, is too emotional or unclear, please let me know.
Yours Sincerely,
Kampfkekskrieger,
Friday the 7. August 2015 MHWWEGI
(Hervorheben)
Edit: I did more than just updating the Cartel faction but actually worked on the whole guide to improve its quality. I added some chapters where I saw them at their right place or if I had the feeling that some additional explanation is needed. Please give me some feedback below if you like or dislike the additional chapters or if you would like me to cover the topics even deeper. I have the motivation and knowledge to provide further explanation, it’s just a matter of time and feedback.

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Sun 30 Aug 2015 23:18

I am still working on a much better Version of my Strategy guide.
Lets see how much time I need to get a next statisfying version that I am okay with to publish. I rather want to update all at once concerning the small existing errors...
Just for you know and for nobody needs to complain somehow.

Kindly, Kampfkekskrieger
Last edited by KampfKeksKrieger on Tue 10 Nov 2015 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

Kozzmozz
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Kozzmozz » Wed 2 Sep 2015 19:32

Very nice work Kampf! keep up the good work!

notimetowaste
Private

Postby notimetowaste » Sat 5 Sep 2015 09:27

Thanks for such a detailed article! You have my respect.

Basura Nephilim
Corporal

Postby Basura Nephilim » Mon 7 Sep 2015 14:23

I started out with his guide, not the best english, but the information in it is very solid.
For starters this is a VERY good read!

Detailed information about how to's, matchups, some build orders, what your mindset should be.
So, so , so solid.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Mon 7 Sep 2015 17:06

took a view of the cartel update : great read.

Thanks for the work :D
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Wed 9 Sep 2015 01:23

Questions and answers not directly related have been moved on request to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=55170
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Fri 11 Sep 2015 16:10

Kampf I have been messing around with your strategies and I love them. Thanks for the help! Grinch + Jackal is a great combo. Also I have a new love for X-32 as air artillery.

Sunray
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sunray » Wed 16 Sep 2015 13:23

Why does your pdf guide have an .exe extension?

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Answer and Sneak preview

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 16 Sep 2015 14:21

Sunray wrote:Why does your pdf guide have an .exe extension?

Hello Sunray!

Where did you see that? Please give a link! (jokey, want to test my Linux-Power eating exe-files haha :D )

Btw:

I have no problems with trolls. My guide is solid enough to even deflect thousands of your sort. :lol:
It only has a .exe extension if you add one. It is only spoiled if you spoil it. It is only messed if YOU mess it.
But I have a heart for you. Because you also need your money to live. This is just your task!

If I see more than 3 Troll posts, I ask Shifu to delete them. But they give such a nice example to what happens with guys like you here...
... like burning witches being a nice attraction to the crowd... :twisted:

I wish you a nice work day and a lot of fun with my Guide and with Act of Agression! :mrgreen:

Yours Sincerly, Kampfkekskrieger

PS: My Aim is to add about 15 Chapters with more detailed Tank-Explaination (and the same for other units), things like sieging bases, more Points about Map Awareness and the right mixture between depth and 'light-footiness' (does the english word exist? I dont want to use 'easiness', it sounds too cheap someway...) which will make reading my guide and difficult topics an easy cost.

The guide shall give you the opportunity to enrich your game experience (and improve your skill of course!) without the duty to 'besettingly' (another neolism?) stick at complex guilts (dutys). :P