Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews

Sunray
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby Sunray » Sat 19 Sep 2015 13:24

In my downloads section on my pc, the file had a .exe. So I avoided that route. Anyways, i downloaded it to my ipad. So now it is in ibooks. Lots of ads were popping up before I could download, strange, but I finally got the guide, all is ok.

PS thanks for the guide

heebo
Private First-Class

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby heebo » Fri 2 Oct 2015 08:43

Seriously. What is going on with this? Your download link is to some shady as fuck installer, which contains god knows what bloat ware and assortment of unwanted softwares. And when OP is questioned about these, he dodges and rambles about some trolls...
As it is right now. I would stay away from this.

heebo
Private First-Class

Postby heebo » Fri 2 Oct 2015 09:42

I tried downloading it on PC. The file is shady af exe that contains bunch of bloatware and assortment of unwanted softwares. As it is right now I would advise to stay away.

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 2 Oct 2015 14:13

heebo wrote:Seriously. What is going on with this? Your download link is to some shady as fuck installer, which contains god knows what bloat ware and assortment of unwanted softwares. And when OP is questioned about these, he dodges and rambles about some trolls...
As it is right now. I would stay away from this.

heebo wrote:I tried downloading it on PC. The file is shady af exe that contains bunch of bloatware and assortment of unwanted softwares. As it is right now I would advise to stay away.

Thanks for the warning, heeboo.

I just added a Warning to the download link. You have to untick the download manager now...
It was not there until at most 2 days before. I am sorry for this, I have nothing to do with it!

I dont know where I should upload it without ads. If I try it with the attachments, iI get an 'Invalid file extension'. Even when I zip it. You or the moderators: feel free to help me!
If I untick the download manager, I get the file directly. Tested on Friday, 2. Oktober 2015.
Lets see when it will change again...

Yours Sincerly, Kampfkekskrieger

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 2 Oct 2015 14:46

can you try to use google or dropbox?

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 2 Oct 2015 15:06

Google and Dropbox are not my best friends.
They do even more ads to you than that one dont they?
Dont you even need an account to use those?

I found that datafilehost has the fewest restrictions, the fewest ads and the fewest irritation from what I've found. No captchas, No 'wait 30 seconds please', no advertising-pumped website, but just a small direct interface with a small ad and now no more ad, but instead an uncheckble downloader.

I dont say that I like it, but until we get a good fan page (where is our community??), I would say its like the decision between rain and foggy weather to choose one file hoster beyond another.
A discussion about the right source to download from is also nothing I could resist for long.

I just want to provide a good guide and not defend myself against all the existing space garbage everytime somebody doddles into the oil trap...

I want a new planet. A new Planet-Act-of-War. That was a good site! This is an order to the universe.
Last edited by KampfKeksKrieger on Fri 2 Oct 2015 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 2 Oct 2015 15:26

Dropbox lets you put files in folder on any computer (that you designate as public) connected with an account you made and then put the link to that file anywhere. Anyone can then download that file through the link without needing to have dropbox account.

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 2 Oct 2015 17:03

I dont feel, that I can win something, if I change what I have.

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Sat 9 Jan 2016 21:43

I have written a short sketch for people who feel welcome with a few guide stones.
I find it well enough to mention it, better than hiding it even deeper in the forums, while I am working on the rest.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=56332#p900967

Welcome in the new year,
Kampfkekskrieger