Act of Aggression Strategy Guide Questions

siizon
Sergeant

Act of Aggression Strategy Guide Questions

Postby siizon » Tue 8 Sep 2015 17:23

First, thanks Kampfkekskrieger you gave me a bunch of good strategies to try now!

I have two questions, first, can you give me your tips (Cartel vs. Chimera) for dealing with the ninja rush (4-5 aa ninjas). I main Cartel but I will usually just switch to Chimera for this strategy alone.

Second, if you don't have any tips for that yet let's have a good old fashioned showdown so you can teach me the counters. I will play as Chimera. Anyway great job.

-Siizon

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Tue 8 Sep 2015 18:37

You should be able to solve a couple of ninjas with the Jackal+Grinches-Combo already (a couple of times this combo maybe); maybe even Scout CGS depending on how far you get with your tech tree until then... but generally I dont consider it as dangerous really.

But I would actually be interested in that Replay with the Ninja-Rush. Somebody who expecially concentrates of that, might be promising to watch if its done properly...
Post your replay, I will analize it and see what can be done.

Yours Sincerly, Kampfkekskrieger

Spector
First Sergeant

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby Spector » Tue 8 Sep 2015 21:51

My question would be how do you defend against the US scout as Chimera? The chimera's pile of slow moving junk that won't fire loses to the US scout 10/10 if the other player is manually controlling the US scout. The he just goes into the Chimeras base and takes out his resource collectors one by one.

The SAS is useless because A) it takes forever to build B) it's 10 times slower than the US scout C) Takes forever to actually take a shot
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:20

KampfKeksKrieger wrote:You should be able to solve a couple of ninjas with the Jackal+Grinches-Combo already (a couple of times this combo maybe); maybe even Scout CGS depending on how far you get with your tech tree until then... but generally I dont consider it as dangerous really.

But I would actually be interested in that Replay with the Ninja-Rush. Somebody who expecially concentrates of that, might be promising to watch if its done properly...
Post your replay, I will analize it and see what can be done.

Thank you! I will definitely try the jackal/grinch.

I will, hopefully I can get a good replay to show it. It does not always win the match, but it does often cripple their manufacturing.
-Siizon

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:38

Spector wrote:My question would be how do you defend against the US scout as Chimera?

With my 3 Barracks build...

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=54704&start=10

...or with 1-2 fast Pumas for instance.

Spector
First Sergeant

Postby Spector » Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:52

I was being serious mate. Not in the mood for jokes...

The US scout is in my base in under a minute, Vally of death map for example. You should know how long it takes to build 3 barracks and inf or Pumas.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide Questions

Postby Shifu » Wed 9 Sep 2015 01:22

Posts above split on request from here: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54280
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 9 Sep 2015 07:05

Spector wrote:I was being serious mate. Not in the mood for jokes...

The US scout is in my base in under a minute, Vally of death map for example. You should know how long it takes to build 3 barracks and inf or Pumas.

My 3 Barracks build is not a joke. I won 80% of the games in the beta with it!
Even without much skill and without micro.

And finally realizing how succesful it is, I think I will add it and explain it extensively in my next version.
The link explains it already and I dont want to spoil you the fun, but even on Valley of Death you can just play your 18 Felins, having captured all 3 banks with beginning minute 3 and the huge advantage is that this economy of 4x900$/minute (1 being the HQ) is bullet-proof! Sometimes you loose 1-2 Felins due to the recon team but not much more until they arrive in their banks.
The Recon team can either sneak around and kill some felins (instead of surveying..silly player! He is loosing quite an advantage here!) or running around in your base darefully hoping for an aim to shoot somewhere...hihi :lol:

After your 18 Felins you just build 3 SAS (but time that a little bit so they finish their training at the same time;with the Hotkey you get good results;for SAS its 'Q')
and even with 1 or more Recon teams snoozing you you still can kill them!
If he has more than one you can even afford loosing your first charge due to his weak economy!
With the well played infantry I usually win this game, having extensive use of my map control advantage. Do you want me to be even more extensive?

---
If you dont like Infantry, try build just a Spear Vehicle bay, 2 Pumas and a barracks with 3 felins for the economy. With 2 Pumas (solving your Recon team problem by the way) arriving in the enemy base by minute 3 you have quite a nice rush! But this one is micro-heavy though! depending on your skill you can win the whole game if you manage to kill all cargos or being killed by 2 javelins without even a touch.
But if you know to drive somehow around the dangers, killing the cargos and denying expansions by parking your pumas on top of the resource fields (sieging the base in front of his door is sometimes more succesful than actually attacking it!; because of the savety-Advantage - you have the TOTAL MAP CONTROL then!; your oponent cannot expand - if you can keep the siege for a couple of minutes you already won the game because your opponent does not get OUT of his nest!), you can do enough to compensate your economy (3 more felins after the pumas and 1 upgraded oil field then again, followed by 2 more barracks again and enough Felins to get all the banks) to give your game the rest.

You also can easily conquer the opponents Bank on Valley of Death with this build (both), and having 6 SAS in front of his base is usually a checkmate for the people!

---
We also have other good players with other tactic against it. I know the recon team is a step to make in the beginning with the game, but obviuosly the players can climb it and I am sure you will solve it too! I encourage you! There is NO need to get into difficulties by a single recon team in the game. Trust me! :)

Spector
First Sergeant

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide Questions

Postby Spector » Wed 9 Sep 2015 21:16

The problem with your ideas is that you are making your battle plan as if you know which faction the other player has chosen.

For your tactic to work you have to build 3 barracks before you even know who are you fighting against. You won in the beta because you could see who they enemy picks.

Also, just because they enemy choses Cartel, doesn't mean that he will send his heli scout right into your base, he can just skim your view range, since scouts see farther away and tell what faction you are by the architecture of your buildings.

Your ideas are flawed on several levels...

Scrooge
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Scrooge » Thu 10 Sep 2015 06:21

Spector wrote:My question would be how do you defend against the US scout as Chimera? The chimera's pile of slow moving junk that won't fire loses to the US scout 10/10 if the other player is manually controlling the US scout. The he just goes into the Chimeras base and takes out his resource collectors one by one.

The SAS is useless because A) it takes forever to build B) it's 10 times slower than the US scout C) Takes forever to actually take a shot

Build one SAS and keep you scout near your base. You might not get the recon team but you can chase him away and both will protect each other until you get more units out.
imminent
im•mi•nent (ˈɪm ə nənt) - adj. - likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.