TIL You can ctrl-group aircraft!

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

TIL You can ctrl-group aircraft!

Postby admiralzeech » Sat 19 Sep 2015 14:32

Maybe everyone already knew this already, but today I learned that, when you click on the airstrike icon on the bottom right, it actually "selects" one of the aircraft (just like selecting a ground unit.) You can continue to click on the airstrike icon to add more aircraft to your selection. (or Ctrl-Click the icon to select all aircraft.)

Before you click on the ground to launch the airstrike, you can also press Ctrl-Number to hotkey those aircraft!

This allows you to select them in-flight easily, to give different orders or tell them to evac. It also allows you to launch them again using the keyboard.

You can also have multiple control groups of the same aircraft by sending them into the map and then repeating with the remaining planes.

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Re: TIL You can ctrl-group aircraft!

Postby atdsutm » Wed 7 Oct 2015 13:51

Yes, they act the same way as units on their icons. Even add them to groups and remove them

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby AceRevo » Fri 16 Oct 2015 22:59

just too bad youre not able to actually select those planes to send them into the field when theyre ''stationary''. Cant belive they havent thought about this!!

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Sat 17 Oct 2015 10:31

AceRevo wrote:just too bad youre not able to actually select those planes to send them into the field when theyre ''stationary''. Cant belive they havent thought about this!!

Yes you can - what do you mean?

AceRevo

Postby AceRevo » Sun 18 Oct 2015 05:12

admiralzeech wrote:
AceRevo wrote:just too bad youre not able to actually select those planes to send them into the field when theyre ''stationary''. Cant belive they havent thought about this!!

you got a group of planes set to group 1 right (Ctrl-1), when they RTB you can hit 1 key to select them but there is NO option to bring them back to the battlefield.. it would make everything so easy that if you hit the 1key, that group is selected as if you want to send them into the battlefield... klicking that fucking icon over and over to get all or many planes in just takes so damn long time, compared to that one click solution it could have been.

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Mon 19 Oct 2015 12:45

AceRevo wrote:
admiralzeech wrote:

you got a group of planes set to group 1 right (Ctrl-1), when they RTB you can hit 1 key to select them but there is NO option to bring them back to the battlefield.. it would make everything so easy that if you hit the 1key, that group is selected as if you want to send them into the battlefield... klicking that fucking icon over and over to get all or many planes in just takes so damn long time, compared to that one click solution it could have been.

It works fine for me? Try again?

I click the icon to select a bunch of planes, then press Ctrl-1 to hotkey them.
I launch them against a target. I can press 1 to select them in midflight and redirect them.
After they return to base, I can press 1 and get the usual "send the planes out" cursor, and I can send the planes out again.

Also you can Ctrl-Click the icon to select all planes.

AceRevo

Postby AceRevo » Mon 19 Oct 2015 14:34

admiralzeech wrote:It works fine for me? Try again?

I click the icon to select a bunch of planes, then press Ctrl-1 to hotkey them.
I launch them against a target. I can press 1 to select them in midflight and redirect them.
After they return to base, I can press 1 and get the usual "send the planes out" cursor, and I can send the planes out again.

Also you can Ctrl-Click the icon to select all planes.

Thanks for the intel I'll get back to you once Ive tested this :D