Not necessarily. Many games with full modding suites werent really that effected sales-wise by mod tools. Act of War: High Treason for instance. Full map editor, game mode editor, and unit/model editor with that one in its first patch.
- Posts: 1709
- Joined: Thu 3 Apr 2014 18:18
- Location: Somewhere in space...
Guggy wrote:Not necessarily. Many games with full modding suites werent really that effected sales-wise by mod tools. Act of War: High Treason for instance. Full map editor, game mode editor, and unit/model editor with that one in its first patch.
No-one will ever understand Eugen's policy about modding. Lazyness? Or fearing that mods can be used for cheating? I have no idea
Saigosun wrote:1.To edit resource deposits you want to open up pc/ndf/patchable/gfx/everything.ndfbin (use the search bar)
2. Once inside, use the search bar and type in "stocked" (No quotes.)
3. Look for Id number 34 which should say TLocalStockedResourceDescription
4. Once you click it, you will see a list of instances in the middle bar You are looking for Instance numbers 187 (Aluminum) 249 (gold) and 282 (Rare Earth)
5. Select the instance and change the stock limit to the desired amount
6. before going to the next instance, click the magnifying glass across from the search bar
7. This will bring up 2 options in another window, select TStockedResourceDescriptionWithParameters
8. In the default amount box, change the number to the desired amount. This number MUST match the number you entered into that resource's TLocalStockedResourceDescription under stock limit or the resource will start with 0.
9. Once you've done steps 5-8 with the other resources, save the file, viola.
EDIT: TLocalStockedResourceDescription also contains the storage information for economic units. So you can edit the storage capacities of refineries/HQ's. I forgot the instances numbers however because I merely stumbled upon them. I do remember accidentally changing the storage for refineries to 500000 instead of gold deposits and my computer had a heart attack.
Hello I appear to have followed your steps but im not seeing any of my changes reflected in-game. is this a patch issue? I think the instances change with each patch.. even so Ive changed any values that reflect Aluminum 1500 oil 1500 and rare earth 1000 (there are only 2-3 1500 values in TLocalStockedResourceDescription instances) and still nothing is changing in-game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- The W:AB Noob
- Lieutenant General
- Posts: 4575
- Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
- Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest