Page 1 of 3
Posted: Fri 4 Sep 2015 23:56
I'm sure everyone already knew this... but the NDF_win.dat file for AOA can be opened using Wargame Modding Suite and subtle aspects of the game can be modified.
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 00:14
Does AoA have Mod Support?
Interested in what the community will make out of the game. There are always people with good ideas and changes.
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 00:29
in before skin mods
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 01:12
So far, I have only leaned how to edit the amount of resources in the deposits and edit the basic traits of units.
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 04:17
How'd you do the resource edit? Was it for the individual deposits in the NDF_Win.dat's units section or w/e?
Just changed the entry under "Storage" to something else? Or was there more to it?
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 15:30
1.To edit resource deposits you want to open up pc/ndf/patchable/gfx/everything.ndfbin (use the search bar)
2. Once inside, use the search bar and type in "stocked" (No quotes.)
3. Look for Id number 34 which should say TLocalStockedResourceDescription
4. Once you click it, you will see a list of instances in the middle bar You are looking for Instance numbers 187 (Aluminum) 249 (gold) and 282 (Rare Earth)
5. Select the instance and change the stock limit to the desired amount
6. before going to the next instance, click the magnifying glass across from the search bar
7. This will bring up 2 options in another window, select TStockedResourceDescriptionWithParameters
8. In the default amount box, change the number to the desired amount. This number MUST match the number you entered into that resource's TLocalStockedResourceDescription under stock limit or the resource will start with 0.
9. Once you've done steps 5-8 with the other resources, save the file, viola.
EDIT: TLocalStockedResourceDescription also contains the storage information for economic units. So you can edit the storage capacities of refineries/HQ's. I forgot the instances numbers however because I merely stumbled upon them. I do remember accidentally changing the storage for refineries to 500000 instead of gold deposits and my computer had a heart attack.
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 16:14
look out if someone can make a modern version of something that "looks" like C&C Generals
Posted: Sat 5 Sep 2015 19:13
Gib skin mods pls
Posted: Sun 6 Sep 2015 01:42
i have done some texture modding with the US infantry units giving them multicam
Posted: Sun 6 Sep 2015 02:02
Nice! I'm really interested in seeing what can be done with this game and what Eugen will/will not provide us.