Casting UI Mod Request

TheRev
First Sergeant

Casting UI Mod Request

Postby TheRev » Mon 7 Sep 2015 13:11

Hi Guys,

This is a request to anyone out there with the ability. No I honestly have no idea if it would be possible in this game, but here is to hoping.

I am hoping someone could make a UI casting mod similar to that of GameHeart used in Starcraft 2.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcra ... overlay-20 (What GameHeart offers)

What is needed:
-Resource display (In-game already is pretty good after UI changes)
-Worker count (In AoAs case refineries/transport vehicles)
-Build queues for all players
-Easy player vision switching
-Team/sponsor logos
-Scoreboards

I feel like a mod such as this would be a huge boost to the competitive side of the game, making competitive games of AoA far more enjoyable to watch.

I hope there is someone with the ability, and that the game allows for this!

Netput
First Sergeant

Re: Casting UI Mod Request

Postby Netput » Mon 7 Sep 2015 16:30

+1! :D
Visit AoAReplays.com for your Strategies, Replays, Videos and more!

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 7 Sep 2015 19:55

As someone with a lot of experience with the Wargame Modding Suite, I'm pretty sure that almost all UI modifications are out of our reach at the moment. Even if all you asked for was achievable, every player would have to have the same modded file to prevent multiplayer desyncs. So what you're asking for is out of our reach with what we have available to us.

TheRev
First Sergeant

Postby TheRev » Wed 9 Sep 2015 08:02

Butterless Toast wrote:As someone with a lot of experience with the Wargame Modding Suite, I'm pretty sure that almost all UI modifications are out of our reach at the moment. Even if all you asked for was achievable, every player would have to have the same modded file to prevent multiplayer desyncs. So what you're asking for is out of our reach with what we have available to us.

Personally I don't see how a UI only mod would cause desyncs, unless the game was designed to desync modded clients, in which case that would be really dumb on Eugens side.
But even if it did require everyone to run the same mod, it wouldn't be hard to get everyone participating in a tournament to install it.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Sep 2015 04:52

Theoretically, it should not cause desyncs. However, we would have to know to mod the UI in the first place, which we don't as Toast mentioned before.

And considering the fact that some people that a "zoom out" mod was cheating, I'm afraid some might say it about UI too.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Killigan
Private

Postby Killigan » Thu 10 Sep 2015 14:14

All observer mode really needs is just a few small tweaks that shouldn't be too hard to implement

- Multiple unit selection
- Observer only chat, and enter to bring up said chat while observing
- Perhaps a map ping when units engage in combat to make sure observers don't miss the action

The last one could maybe be tricky but hopefully the first two shouldn't be too hard to implement/too much to ask.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Sep 2015 18:18

An observer would mean that they are also connected to the game as much as the players, so the connection between so many people might be a problem. Might as well just add more players.

Killigan
Private

Postby Killigan » Sat 12 Sep 2015 17:15

The W:AB Noob wrote:An observer would mean that they are also connected to the game as much as the players, so the connection between so many people might be a problem. Might as well just add more players.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, the observer mode does already fill a player spot so as it stands that's only really a problem if you want to observe a game with 8 people, but that could possibly 'observed' from a replay perspective later on.

We're just talking about improving the current observer functionality a little (though room for at least one observer in an 8 person game would be cool for streaming).

foen
Corporal

Postby foen » Tue 5 Jan 2016 00:43

i started to research on how i can add stuff to the ui got some basic stuff to work but not sure if i would go much into this
cos my art skillz are none
Attachments
2016-01-04_00004.jpg
2016-01-04_00004.jpg (846.26 KiB) Viewed 785 times

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 5 Jan 2016 05:41

Oh my gosh. I am astonished, because besides colors, images, and text, I didn't know it was even possible to mod the UI. Wow, this blows my mind.

How did you get the clock on the top right? Is that local time or time until game ends? Is the resources bar the total of all networks? What classes did you edit?

I look very much forward to your responses.