AI Mod for version 304 of the Reboot - Better opposition

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

AI Mod for version 304 of the Reboot - Better opposition

Postby Salsifi » Wed 6 Apr 2016 23:01

Here's a small AI mod for the version 304 of the Reboot Edition :

(Great thanks to the guys behind the Wargame Tools :) )

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8s7no ... DF_Win.dat

You just put the small file to your SteamApps\common\Act of Aggression\Data\ACTOFRUSE\PC\260000304 and everything should be fine.

The objective was to have a better opposition so :
- the AI now can target all buildings on the map with their super weapons (not only the HQ...) so the antisuperweapon are criticals
- the AI moves faster from one tier to another - all levels modified
- the AI builds more superweapons and anti superweapons so it is not the better way to stay in the base and waiting for a peace time...
- the first bonus of income for hard and very hard levels have been removed
- the constant bonus over the time has been increased - no more sleeping AI... and more strategies from the AI that we never see since she doesn't have the resources to build and show...

The result is an improved opposition, which can be defeated of course if you can survive...
In 1vs1 it took me an hour on very hard with exchanges of superweapons, artillery strikes, battlegroups and well defended base with US against Cartel in order to get the victory for example.

I'm really curious to read your feedbacks if someone has time to test this small modification.
More interesting than the common AI, too easy, too difficult ?

Enjoy ! ;)

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: AI Mod for version 304 of the Reboot - Better opposition

Postby Megiddo » Wed 6 Apr 2016 23:16

Hey nice to see you're working on a spiritual son for the Glorious Red Spectra! Thanks for sharing.

Will give it a good try and give some feedback if i find some spare time. I guess that it's obviously better to keep a backup of the original file before putting this one in the directory.

Hope you won't have to make all the work again as soon as the next patch will come.

Great initiative. Thank you and keep up the good work :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Wed 13 Apr 2016 17:58

Oh, and I am just starting soon my exam week, and Tindalos decided to add the eldar... Seems like all of you are trying to sabotage, well done, well done :lol:

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Wed 20 Jul 2016 06:52

Salsifi is there any possibility for you to post the paths of the parts of the files you edited? While this game seems to be no longer getting patches I would like to see where can I tweak and edit the variables to get the most of skirmish, I would find this very nice as I have never been much of a multiplayer gamer since I noticed DOTA 2 was turning me into an Angry Video Game Nerd :lol:

old Skool
Private

Re: AI Mod for latest version of Reboot - Better opposition

Postby old Skool » Fri 15 Dec 2017 16:41

Hi,

Thanks to Salsifi for posting the variables to improve the AI on this game. I've updated the latest release 78006183, enjoy :D

http://www.filedropper.com/ndfwin