Re: I've figured out a Free Camera Mod for Act of Aggression
Posted: Sun 29 Oct 2017 04:39
Augh! Thanks mate, that's gorgeous!
ddOs wrote:There's a Sandbox Mod for Wargame: Red Dragon, but i can't find such mod for Act of Aggression. So i did some research and made one.
1. Make sure to download the mod suite here.
2. Open it and look for [your AoA directory]\Data\ACTOFRUSE\PC\(the folder that matches your game version, not needed to be the highest number, like Act of Aggression Reboot Edition starts with 2 so this method may not work)\NDF_Win.dat
3. Look for pc\ndf\patchable\misc\basecamera.ndfbin or just type "camera" on the search bar and the file will just appear. We'll do the magic here.
4. Open it, select TIngameCameraMoverAltitudeInfo, all the instances represent the camera properties on all kind of scales.
5. SiteMax/SiteMin represents how much angle you can pitch (correct me if i use the wrong word) the camera, zero means horizontal view (eye level), positive means looking up, and negative means looking down. Just make it 89.99999/-89.99999 and you can pitch the camera whatever you want.
6. BackClipping represents how much distance the game engine can draw before meeting annoying white wall. Just make it as big as possible, make it 2333366666 or 666666 whatever.
7. You just need to change those of ONE instance, and select the altered values, click "Copy value to instances" to change all instances of TIngameCameraMoverAltitudeInfo.
8. Make sure to save basecamera.ndfbin and NDF_Win.dat by clicking "Save changes back". All set! You can restart the game and load a savefile or start some new game to see effects. Feel free to change camera with middle mouse button. It's gonna be the whole new RTS experiences.
(it says my pics exceeds width of 950px so i have to link them only)
Tutorial, modding Act of Aggression team colors - Eugen Systems Forums
The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.3) [NOW WITH DEDICATED SERVER] - Eugen Systems Forums